• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Next gen too I'm assuming. I've waited so long for a replacement to Jump To Lightspeed and this might be the closest thing to that. Really not overly excited at the multiplayer focus though.

Yep. Jump To Lightspeed was a special time. Miss those days.

Really hope this is good!

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I've got a bad feeling it's going to be space combat ripped right out of BFII but a tad larger area and focused on it.
Hopefully not!

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Illl say it again. if the ships control and feel like battlefront ships im going to give it a hard pass. super hard pass... like BAM! pass.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Man I'm anxious about this being a F2P TDM only with MTX for new Ships and stuff.

Even in a best case scenario, the ships will handle like in BFII and not like an actual Space Sim (Lite).

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Id love to have some PT ships available to fly around in. I need to recreate Obi-Wan vs. Jango in the asteroid ring.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
The multiplayer focus means this game is going to have micro transactions out the ass, right? Can't say that interests me.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
If single player is anything like Rogue Squadron (even if it's... you know, not as good) this might have my interest.

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way that this will be closer to TIE Fighter than Rogue Squadron. This will be targeted at mainstream players (which makes sense for sales, obviously!), so I would expect an auto-level flight system, and not pitch/roll/yaw like you'd see with a joystick. This will be arcade-style flight, I would guess.

EDIT - I'm also pessimistic about the amount of content at launch, even before seeing the trailer. Being EA, I expect we'll see the OT main craft (maybe 3 or 4 types on each side, plus a "special" or two like the Falcon). I then expect a slow trickle of paid DLC for the prequels, ST, Rebels, and other stuff.

I am still very excited to see what this will be, but I also know it won't be a sequel to TIE Fighter or X-Wing. :(

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the X-wing/Tie Fighter stuff in Battlefront II. Give me that with a little more realism/sim stuff.
Yup. It has issues that I think a single focus would absolutely solve, so I'm really excited to see what they've done on this. It's been way too fucking long since we had a Star Wars dogfighting game. I am ready.

EldarMu

May 7, 2020
If there's a solid single player campaign (or maybe even two x-wing vs tie-fighter style) I'm 100% down.

This is the sort of thing that I'd actually show up for vr for

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Literally browsing this in the middle of playing some Ace Combat 7 and this sounds awesome.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if they're going to try their hand at some sort of aerial battle royale.

Either way, I'm interested, just hope the flying is a bit more fast paced than what was in Battlefront 2. I kind of missed the evasive maneuvers from BF1

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
...by EA? You really have any trust in that? Fallen Order was an anomaly among their catalog. And Apex. With the only consistency there being Respawn.

How long until that studio is diluted, stretched too thin, and loses all semblance of its DNA?
Is anyone else making Star Wars games outside of EA?

They've got the deal. So of course.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
If this is really just a multiplayer thing then I resent that they called this Squadrons. Like, full-on petulant gamer rage. How dare you evoke my children, my beloved Rogue Squadron trilogy, without including a proper story mode??

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing suspicious about it

uh, instant pass.

I want a good damn singleplayer with an amazing co-op experience.

It's probably gonna control like battlefront 2 as well, which will make it that much worse. I don't have faith in any of their studios outside of Respawn........and even then respawn isn't really an EA studio in terms of design.

Oct 27, 2017
7mAeMI6.png

latest

white theme, MY EYES