• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
I rode Rise of the Resistance this morning. It is phenomenal. Really ambitious attraction that lives up to the hype. Crazy combination of ride systems, pre-shows, huge sets, and great animatronics. There's a ton going on -- it is quite literally sensory overload in the best way. Try not to watch the videos if you can resist, the surprises are worth experiencing for the first time in person. I was really impressed, as was everyone else I talked to who rode it.

Wasn't this supposed to be a half hour?
There are several experiences totaling about 15 minutes. It's pretty uniquely laid out, and the "ride" is only one portion of it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Does this ride work with fastpass?

I was at Disneyland a few months ago and the Falcon ride wasn't available with fastpass yet.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It's apparently 15-40mins ppl have been saying, depends how busy. The non ride portions involve essentially waiting in fancy queues that are part of the experience, depending how busy or backed up they get, you might end up longer in a waiting area or moving through certain parts slower.

Got it.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I may go to the Disneyland one in February for my b-day; kinda waiting to hear how often the ride breaks down before making a final decision.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I may go to the Disneyland one in February for my b-day; kinda waiting to hear how often the ride breaks down before making a final decision.
That's my biggest concern. Watched some ride thrus and it looks insanely impressive, but autonomous ride vehicles give me pause, the tower of terror ones break down all the time I feel like, and this is WAY more complicated.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
But it isn't the same tech. The ride system itself is entirely unique to Soarin's and the "banshees" play a significant role in the experience. It would be akin to saying Soarin' is the same tech as Star Tours
It really is, they just hide it from you with the wall that rolls back when the ride starts. You are just strapped into the bike/banshee thing instead of sitting in a seat, and you start already 'lifted' up instead of having the ride system lift you up.

18948787_478502512486490_815934185_o.jpg

Neither Soarin' nor FoP have left/right articulation like Star Tours/Smugglers Run, but they found in testing that it doesn't matter because your vision makes you feel like you are moving left/right even without that.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be there around the 20th to the 29th. I'm more excited for flight of passage since it wasn't there last time I was at WDW.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
They couldn't accommodate all the boarding passes but they gave out fast pass to peeps for the ride and 1 day park hopper

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Watched a couple ride throughs and the animatronic Finn is by far the most immersion breaking thing. Maybe it's not so bad when you are riding, but it just jumped out at me in a very uncanny valley kinda way.

Regardless can't wait to ride it when we go in May. I hope they bring back HS after hours parties, but I kinda doubt we'll see any. We have MK, MK Villains and AK after hours going on when we are there, so I kinda doubt they'll add any more.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo I might be going around Christmas (yeah, I know) which means the virtual queue system is going to probably prevent me from doing this, as I won't be able to get to the park at 3AM just to wait in line. Uggggh

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo I might be going around Christmas (yeah, I know) which means the virtual queue system is going to probably prevent me from doing this, as I won't be able to get to the park at 3AM just to wait in line. Uggggh
Just do what those weird Youtubers do and hide in the bushes overnight

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Good news. Virtual queue now opens for everyone at 7 even if you are in the park early so sleep in until 6 lol

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Just got back from WDW and managed to ride it 3 times. It's very good, but fell short of the hype for me. The best part might be the queue, which is fantastic, with the "cast members' truly selling the idea of being taken prisoner (and I had some amazing interactions with them). The ride itself didn't quite deliver on the same level and I felt like it was missing something. It consistently does many things very well, but never nails it on a single thing, and it didn't feel completely satisfying as a result.

I have to say my favorite new ride of the trip was Hargid's Motorcycle Adventure overall at Universal. Now that's one amazing ride and might be my favorite coaster period.

Avatar remains safe as Disney's best ride of the past 10 years.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Era, i was lucky enough to ride this during cast preview event at disneyland last weekend. And let me tell you, this is hands down the greatest attraction ride in the world. I am not exaggerating!! Even if you dont like star wars you will be blown away. This is peaked Disney imagineering at its best. Ive been going to disney for over decades and have never been so wowed. I cannot wait to ride this again

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Went on a cast preview last week as well and it is MILES better than Smuggler. Major Props to the cast members playing as the Empire, definetly not an easy job on the "happiest place on Earth". I think it's one of best rides so far. It does feel a tad short.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Era, i was lucky enough to ride this during cast preview event at disneyland last weekend. And let me tell you, this is hands down the greatest attraction ride in the world. I am not exaggerating!! Even if you dont like star wars you will be blown away. This is peaked Disney imagineering at its best. Ive been going to disney for over decades and have never been so wowed. I cannot wait to ride this again
It's alright. Flight of Passage is better imo.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Got to ride this last weekend at DHS. It's very very very good and easily the best thing Disney's done since Carsland/RSR. I need to ride it a few more times to get my head around it/form a better opinion. One thing I did note is SWGE appeared more hoppin' than in October, with noticeably more people carrying lightsabers and droids than before. That'll probably make Disney happy.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Went today and was absolutely floored. I loved Flight of Passage (despite it being yet another screen-heavy flight sim), but this blew me away. From the varied ride vehicles to the cast members to the effects to the story, it felt like a whirlwind of Star Wars in the best way. Bummed I could only ride it once, but absolutely worth it.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'll be going on a weekday and the end of the month. Time to wake up early again and hope for a good spot for a boarding pass. I'm excited and cant wait to experience it here in Disneyland.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be going next week. Hoping first thing in the morning on a weekday will mean no 2+ hour wait lol.

The way the boarding pass system works, it almost doesn't matter. Everyone is getting there between 5:00-6:00am regardless of the day to all clamor for a boarding pass right at 7:00am.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need to go crazy early, just go maybe half hour to an hour before opening. All you gotta do is scan your ticket at the entrance then reserve a spot right after. Then ride other rides until your que comes up.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to ride this last weekend at DHS. It's very very very good and easily the best thing Disney's done since Carsland/RSR. I need to ride it a few more times to get my head around it/form a better opinion. One thing I did note is SWGE appeared more hoppin' than in October, with noticeably more people carrying lightsabers and droids than before. That'll probably make Disney happy.

Awesome my only fear is that Star Tours will go away at DL once this launches...I love howat least it's all kinda close at Hollywood Studios so it's on theme. In my book HS is now the best park at Disney World.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Can anyone tell me how far it is before you actually get on the ride car or whatever it is that you need to be tall enough for?

We're going in April and my son won't be tall enough so we need to do Rider swap at some point. Trying to figure out what to expect

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It looks cool but I don't know why I was expecting something more, I think the hype around it was too much.

The pre-line is fantastic, I really hope they use that for more lines everywhere.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't really the most relevant thread for this, but I'm going in March... is there a list of most up to date pricing on items for Disney World Hollywood Studios' Galaxy Edge? I'm trying to budget lol

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Awesome my only fear is that Star Tours will go away at DL once this launches...I love howat least it's all kinda close at Hollywood Studios so it's on theme. In my book HS is now the best park at Disney World.

The term my friends and I use is "DHS is the worst park with the best rides."

I know this isn't really the most relevant thread for this, but I'm going in March... is there a list of most up to date pricing on items for Disney World Hollywood Studios' Galaxy Edge? I'm trying to budget lol

I work for and suggest Touring Plans for food pricing.

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
We climb into the space war log flume and the epic screen around us shows things we like. We're screaming. My father who abandoned me at a gas station is there and he takes my hand "JJ revitalized a series we never stopped talking about." I touched my ear and brain matter is oozing out. I look at my penis and it's Jar Jar Binks. He says something to me but it sounds racist. I look up to see my father is now Darth Vader and I begin to murder him with Jar Jar Binks. The ride ends and the lights come up. I am not alone. We all have Jar Jar penis.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up at 4 am last weekend the day before I had to run the half marathon.... 1000% worth it. Easily the best experience in all of disney. Galaxy's Edge is phenomenal

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much connection does this have with the latest movie?

It doesn't. Timeline wise, the ride doesn't even make sense (no helmet cracks, it should be called Rebellion and not Resistance per TLJ's ending, etc) - but it still makes more sense than the entirety of Rise of Skywalker anyway, so even the Tier 3s are just like "fuck it, it's fine"

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
It's more of a fun fact than anything, but the TROS Visual Dictionary notes that Hux's diminished role in the FO at the time of the movie is a direct consequence of what happens in the RotR ride.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I would agree with all of this. I was there during the Holiday week but SWGE was significantly busier than when i was first there in September. Looking forward to today's reports on how Rise launches out at Disneyland.