• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
www.starwars.com

The End of the Skywalker Saga, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Comes Home | StarWars.com

Own the thrilling conclusion to the epic nine-part story on digital March 17 and Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD March 31!

tros-home-ent-hero-4K-MOBILE.png

you can complete your collection and experience the saga anytime you want when Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker arrives digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and via Movies Anywhere on March 17, two weeks before it lands physically in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on March 31.

And on March 31, coinciding with the physical release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, eight Star Wars films are being released on 4K UHD for the first time: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

They'll be available separately, and the Skylwalker saga will also be available as a collection. TLJ and Solo will be re-released with new artwork to match the releases.

received-235496694134460.jpg

tros-home-ent-hero-9-Movie-MOBILE.png

ROS announcement video (AT LEAST ONE BIG SPOILER)

Last edited:

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I'll buy and watch, not a big fan of 9 but I didn't HATE it either. just disappointed in it lol.

wow_bob_wow

Oct 28, 2017
In all seriousness, bit of a let down compared to The Last Jedi release, which most importantly had deleted scenes and the isolated film score audio track. I'm not a fan of the movie myself, but John Williams delivered a great score so it's a bit of a shame we're not getting an isolated score track this time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god they're releasing the 4K Blurays individually. I was afraid the box set would be the only way to get them all. I want to collect all nine movies over time, but I didn't want the set.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, bit of a let down compared to The Last Jedi release, which most importantly had deleted scenes and the isolated film score audio track. I'm not a fan of the movie myself, but John Williams delivered a great score so it's a bit of a shame we're not getting an isolated score track this time.
TLJ also had a more or less feature length production documentary which was great.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
so.... not the JJ Cut?

Just kidding, but I want this but won't pay for it without deleted/extra scenes.

Wondering if just a 'set it and forget it' move on thing for Disney, or are they actually saving the content for another release down the line for double dip?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Really want an extended cut of this, the movie felt so rushed and hacked up, constantly felt like footage was missing to make the runtime shorter

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is the movie really that bad? I can't wait to find out.
It's fun as a popcorn flick, but disappointing as a conclusion to the sequel trilogy. It's okay. Has some great / cool-looking visual effects, but is a bit short on creative ideas that make sense (or a story that holds up).

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would include Rogue One and Solo. They are part of the Skywalker Saga.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stick with the 720p Despecialized Editions of the OT, thanks.

After the wet fart of a conclusion to the "Skywalker Saga", not really interested in continuing to revisit the ST.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to wait to see if the box set looks substantially better than the movies on Disney+.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if just a 'set it and forget it' move on thing for Disney, or are they actually saving the content for another release down the line for double dip?
I mean they did release a 3D blu for TFA later down the line that had more special features, but I imagine they were thrown in more for the sake of justifying a second release on a fad format. I don't think any of the other SW films have had a 3D at-home release, anyway.