• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
SWResistancePromo__scaled_600.jpg

Star Wars Resistance is the new animated TV show from Lucasfilm Animation. The show will premiere on the Disney Channel on October 7th at 10pm and later debut on Disney XD in the US and worldwide. It will also be available earlier each Sunday on the Disney Now app.

Resistance is set six months before the events of Episode VII: The Force Awakens and will follow Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot in General Organa's Resistance. Xiono is sent to a refuelling station in the Outer Rim called the Colossus and tasked with spying on the rising threat of the First Order. Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie will reprise their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma. Maybe a Solo will show up as well.

Resistance was created by Dave Filoni, who previously worked as supervising director on The Clone Wars and Rebels. Filoni was inspired by his interest in World War II aircraft and hoped the series would capture the sense of excitement around high-speed racing.

characters_trans8mdrz.png

kazdqi13.png

Confident and skilled in the cockpit of a New Republic X-wing fighter, Kaz Xiono's new assignment as a spy for the Resistance leaves him feeling out of his element. Now living on the independent fueling station known as the Colossus, Kaz is doing his best to fit in as a mechanic so he can carry out his mission.

neekuvlciy.png

Bright and optimistic, Neeku Vozo is a trustworthy and kind-hearted member of the Colossus community. He speaks honestly and takes everyone quite literally, sometimes making what he has to say unintentionally hilarious. But despite his quirks, Neeku's logical way of thinking makes him one of the best mechanics on the platform.

tamfgek5.png

A tough and hardworking mechanic on the Colossus platform, Tam Ryvora is an inventive and skilled technician who is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. She has big dreams of one day becoming a pilot and racer.

jarekn5igi.png

Jarek Yeager runs a repair shop on the Colossus refueling station, enjoying the solitude of being far from the central systems of the galaxy. He is quiet, hardworking, and wise, having experienced much in his lifetime.

torrawke9l.png

A daring pilot at the Colossus station with a sense of flair and competitiveness, Torra Doza has the combined energy of a hotshot Ace and a fifteen-year old. She is the daughter of the station operator, Captain Imanuel Doza, and lives in the station's upper levels.

bucketubdlj.png

A battered, decrepit old droid addled by outdated, glitching programming, Bucket has been Jarek Yeager's loyal astromech for years. Despite the droid's eccentric behavior, Bucket is a capable mechanic.

bb-8ikd31.png

During Kaz Xiono's spy mission on the Colossus platform, BB-8 is the Resistance droid assigned to keeping tabs on the young freedom fighter.

poeivcqx.png

A hotshot X-wing pilot for the Resistance, Poe Dameron sees a lot of himself in Kazuda Xiono, and was confident the young pilot-turned-spy would succeed on his mission on the Colossus platform.

phasmaxrdoy.png

Among her many missions, Captain Phasma is tasked with securing the Colossus platform for the First Order, deploying trusted officers to oversee the trooper occupation while she tends to more pressing matters.

hypecfd6z.png

The top racer of the Aces that defend the Colossus platform, Hype Fazon lives up to his flashy name with his exceptional piloting skills. Hype relishes being the center of attention, as it fuels his bravado and enormous ego.

bogre2q.png

A soft-spoken Kel Dor pilot, Bo Keevil prefers to let the daredevil maneuvers of his lightning-fast yellow racer do the talking for him. A superb and confident pilot, he is part of the Aces squadron that defends the Colossus platform.

freya6uff7.png

One of the Aces dedicated to protecting the Colossus platform, Freya Fenris stands apart from the rest of the boisterous crew with a personality that is both coolly methodical and calculating. She transforms her icy precision into blazing hot flight maneuvers, and her ship also stands out with its fiery red finish.

griffljib0.png

One of the Aces that flies defense for the Colossus platform, Griff Halloran flies an extensively modified TIE-based racer that emphasizes raw power. No one is quite certain whether or not Griff is a veteran of the Imperial Navy, or whether he just flies old Imperial colors to intimidate his opponents.

setting_transshf03.png

colossusibeh4.png

Located on the Outer Rim water planet of Castilon, the Colossus is a dangerous place that tends to attract well-meaning outcasts and the more unsavory denizens of far-flung planets alike. Protected by the Ace pilots, who try to best one another in entertaining and dangerous sky races in between their more serious assignments, for now the platform is insulated from the larger conflict brewing in the galaxy.

ships_transyxe4v.png

fireballe7d8u.png

A decrepit racing ship that earns its colorful name Fireball due to its tendency to erupt in flames, this sleek vessel is a focus of constant and sometimes frustrated attention from the repair crew of Jarek Yeager's garage. Team Fireball -- including Kaz Xiono, Neeku Vozo, and Tam Ryvora -- invests a lot of time, effort, and care into keeping the Fireball in high-flying shape.

black_aceugibk.png

Griff Hollaron has made a lot of special modifications himself to turn his own Imperial-issue TIE fighter, Black Ace, into a unique and fearsome machine. Although his extensive refittings are regarded by some as a little too drastic, it's inarguable that he's created an aggressively powerful and aerodynamic machine.

blue_acericpl.png

No cost has been spared to build Torra Doza a state-of-the-art ship, a bright blue-hued custom creation. Regarded for its aerodynamic design and artistic elements that match her personality and racing style, Blue Ace was built for speed.

green_acemhcvx.png

Hype Fazon's racer is a perfect match for his own pomposity: an over-the-top ship plastered with the names and logos of his many high-end sponsors. Beyond its extravagance, Green Ace boasts wings that can shift angles for maximum maneuverability while speeding through turns.

red_acescfia.png

Freya Fenris' ship is a reflection of her cool and calm demeanor, a technologically powerful machine of her own design that's built for precision performance. Matched to appeal to her endurance and efficiency, Red Ace's features maintain a delicate balance of speed, acceleration, and power.

yellow_aceoiek7.png

To achieve his many high-flying stunts, Bo Keevil's ship has been customized for agility, with wings that shift into a variety of configurations to complete his death-defying tricks. For a less-practiced pilot, Yellow Ace can be a little difficult to handle; even Keevil wears an extra crash helmet and visor just to be safe.

episodes_transnqcsd.png

Season 1 will consist of twenty-two episodes with ten episodes airing in 2018 and the rest in 2019.

Episode 1 & 2 | The Recruit: Part 1 & Part 2

X-wing pilot Kazuda Xiono is recruited for the Resistance, but finds himself in over his head when Poe Dameron assigns him to a remote fueling station to spy on the First Order. Then, after Kaz boasts about being the best pilot around, he is forced to compete in a dangerous sky race.

Guest starring Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) as Poe Dameron, Jim Rash (Community), and Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales) as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 3 | The Triple Dark

Kaz and BB-8 uncover information on an imminent pirate attack and must find a way to stop it.

Guest starring Gwendoline Christie (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) as Captain Phasma.

Episode 4 | Fuel for the Fire

Kaz befriends a sky racer named Rucklin who pressures him to take some rare and dangerous hyperfuel hidden in Yeager's office.

Guest starring Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as Jace Rucklin.

Episode 5 | The High Tower

The First Order arrives at the platform for mysterious reasons and Kaz and BB-8 are determined to sneak into the tower to find out what they want.

Guest starring Donald Faison (Scrubs) as Hype Fazon.

Episode 6 | The Children from Tehar

Kaz searches for two missing children for a sizeable reward only to discover the First Order is also hunting for them.

Gwendoline Christie ("Star Wars: The Last Jedi") returns as Captain Phasma.

Episode 7 | Signal from Sector Six

When out on a routine training exercise, a distress signal sends Kaz and Poe to a damaged ship with strange lifeforms onboard.

Oscar Isaac ("Star Wars: The Last Jedi") returns as Poe Dameron.

Episode 8 | Synara's Score

On a mission to repair a vital platform defense, Kaz befriends the mysterious Synara and comes under attack by pirates.

Jim Rash ("Community") and Bobby Moynihan ("DuckTales") return as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 9 | The Platform Classic

An upcoming race reunites Yeager with his estranged brother, Marcus, who needs to win to pay off his debt to a criminal organization.
media_transnieof.png

Thanks to MMarston for the OT title!
All information and images are from the Star Wars Databank.

Last edited:

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I keep checking the itunes and amazon stores to see if you can buy the whole season now like you could at the start of some of the Rebels seasons. Each episode would become available as they aired. Hoping for the same here. Really excited for this show, it looks super fun.

GREAT OT

Oct 28, 2017
England
Great OT!

I'm not going to expect too much from this show, but I'll certainly give it a fair shot. It's worth remembering that the start of The Clone Wars was a far cry from the heights it achieved later on.

I'm digging that there's a kel dor pilot. Was always a big Master Plo fan.

Same, I'm glad his race is getting more screentime. Always find it odd when a species is only represented by one character.

I don't think it's really aimed at us though.

This is very true. I hope it's something everyone keeps in mind going forward.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
The look of the show has really grown on me since they revealed it. I know this is going to be for a younger audience, but I'm excited anyway. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Clone Wars and Rebels have proved anything, it's that shows that start out as relatively simple and juvenile can develop into integral parts of the Star Wars canon. I'm more concerned that a Disney won't give this show enough seasons to develop along those lines.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like everything that aren't the main movies take place between 6 and 7. It's kind of getting old.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Clone Wars and Rebels have proved anything, it's that shows that start out as relatively simple and juvenile can develop into integral parts of the Star Wars canon. I'm more concerned that a Disney won't give this show enough seasons to develop along those lines.
Head Writer stated this week that the long-term plan is to have the show move past the force awakens/the last jedi in the timeline. So there's is a lot at play here

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like everything that aren't the main movies take place between
6 and 7. It's kind of getting old.
This is the first piece of on screen media in that time frame. The last animated show was between 3 and 4. Last two spin off movies also between 3 and 4.

This is the first time we are seeing this era in film/tv.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The lack of hype everywhere for this show is pretty pathetic. The big Star Wars communities are pretty quiet on it too, and it doesn't help with how poorly Disney has promoted this. Even if it turns out well, I doubt it's going to last long.

Ugh the 5 POA figs are so bad, it's sad how bad they are making these toys nowadays. Couldn't even get a decent 7th Sister figure. If it's not Black Series, it's these awful cheap rubbery figs now.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first piece of on screen media in that time frame. The last animated show was between 3 and 4. Last two spin off movies also between 3 and 4.

This is the first time we are seeing this era in film/tv.

Seems like the Mandalorian tv show is also set between 6 and 7.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The lack of hype everywhere for this show is pretty pathetic. The big Star Wars communities are pretty quiet on it too, and it doesn't help with how poorly Disney has promoted this. Even if it turns out well, I doubt it's going to do to well.

Ugh the 5 POA figs are so bad, it's sad how bad they are making these toys nowadays. Couldn't even get a decent 7th Sister figure. If it's not Black Series, it's these awful cheap rubbery figs now.

I think the hype machine is waiting for the Disney streaming service Star Wars shows, since those are meant to appeal to a broader audience. And then of course there episode IX next winter.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Clone Wars and Rebels were both a welcomed surprise to be sure, I didn't expect them to reach such high high grounds. So I'll be watching this!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I think the hype machine is waiting for the Disney streaming service Star Wars shows, since those are meant to appeal to a broader audience. And then of course there episode IX next winter.

Which is why this feels like it's being just tossed out as a gap filler if anything. There was zero promotion until about one month from release with first official info released for it. No merch for it till 4-6 months later, and the bad time slot for it, when it's aimed at kids.

Also unlike Rebels and TCW, they are going out of their way to make it noted that this show is aimed more towards kids, which they never did for the previous animated series. The older fans were already worried about it and for them to just come out and be putting it out as if it was a warning to them just feels so strange. For a show aimed at children, such a bad time slot late on Sunday nights, and no tie in merch is baffling. It's almost like this whole project was started and then kinda left to die as they focus on other things.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Seems like the Mandalorian tv show is also set between 6 and 7.

Yes, it's about three years after RotJ, with Resistance taking place six months before TFA. That's a 30 year gap between the two shows.

Considering the amount of books and comics that take place around the OT and PT (not to mention RO and Solo), I wouldn't say "everything that [isn't] the main movies" takes place in between the OT and ST. Certainly not enough to be considered tiresome, especially when you consider the different tone and plot Resistance will undoubtedly have with Mandalore.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL toyline isn't releasing with the series and is scheduled for Spring....
Hasbro is so damn stupid, enjoy missing the Christmas money.

As shit as it is, its better than what Rebels released with
yntrughostloose.jpg

the two female characters(Hera and Sabine) were released 6 months later, only in 2 packs with troopers
Star-Wars-Rebels-Sabine-Wren-and-Stormtrooper-09.jpg

did even try with Sabine's paintjob

and despite having her helmet off like 80+% of the show she didn't get a helmetless figure for nearly 2 years after the series came out
2016-02-13-23_02_10-STAR-WARS-REBELS-Sabine-Figure.jpg-%E2%80%8E-Photos.png

Last edited:

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Bo Keevil is already my favorite. I love that Filoni is as big a Plo Koon fan as I am and finally getting another Kel Dor character is great? Maybe we'll see his face?

Griff is cool too, but he seems like the kind of guy who dies in season 3 lol.

Oct 28, 2017
England
If I didn't know better I'd think all those fighter ships were just product placement for toys.

It was never this blatant before. In Clone Wars or Rebels, they usually did quite well at designing the toys around the show or finding an organic fit. This is designing the show around the toys so it sticks out a bit.

databank_ewok_01_169_747db03a.jpeg

How is it in the same thread we have people predicting failure for this show due to the lack of merchandise, whilst we also have people deride the show for being a product placement for toys?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it in the same thread we have people predicting failure for this show due to the lack of merchandise, whilst we also have people deride the show for being a product placement for toys?

It's only weird when it's the same people doing it. I'm not so much deriding the show, though, as just pointing out how blatant it is. Trust me, they're doing the right thing - a lot of amazing cartoons get cancelled if they don't sell enough toys.

It's an incredibly outdated metric for the success of a show in a world where toy stores are closing down because nobody really buys them any more, but at least getting merchandising ahead of the show like this means the toys can ride the excitement of a new show.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Tried watching Disney now and realized that my cable package doesn't have the channel so I can't watch it streaming either. :/

Disney hurry up and launch your streaming service pls.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Watched the premiere and the first episode. Neeku is really annoying me. You can definitely tell the scope is smaller than Rebels. BUT the animation looks a lot better than in the trailers, I like the blend of aliens/droids from all three trilogies, and I really dig the stuff with Poe, Leia, and Phasma so far.

Now onto episode 3, with Elijah Wood.

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't know better I'd think all those fighter ships were just product placement for toys.
Joke is on you,
Hasbro won't give a shit about anything beyond the characters.
When asked why they will say almost all of their big push is into the Episode 9 line which will be around 6 months out at that point.

The entire time Rebels was on it got
(all cheap as hell budget lined and undersized)
Inquisitor's TIE - at launch
Imperial transport - at launch
Phantom(Ghost's shuttle) - at launch
AT-DP - at launch
Ezra's speeder bike - later wave
A-Wing -in Rogue One line

They never made
The Ghost(main ship of the series)
Sabine's TIE
Wookie Gunship
Imperial Gunship
Prototype B-Wing
Mandalorian Fighter
Captured Y-Wings
Anyone besides Hera's A-Wing(generic, Ahsoka, Sabine)
Phantom V2
Saw's U-Wing
TIE Interceptor
TIE Defender
Rex's AT-TE
ARC Canon AT-DP
Mining Guild TIE

latest

cheap simple repaint for them but they didn't bother.

This stuff would have been made immediately in the early Clone Wars line days.

Last edited: