• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
$15, April 6th (No Multiplayer)

g2AY3Uh.png
Iup8E9s.png

www.gematsu.com

Star Wars: Republic Commando coming to PS4, Switch on April 6

Aspyr Media will release first-person tactical shooter Star Wars: Republic Commando digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch on April 6 for $14.99, the developer announced. Nintendo eShop pre-orders …

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The press release also mentions a Switch version with pre-orders opening today, but neither the trailer or the eShop page are up yet.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Republic Commando was way better than it had any right to be haha

Gonna hype myself up by rewatching that dev oral history from a couple of years ago. Fascinating stuff that didn't get nearly enough love

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
One of the best Star Wars games of all time, I literally replayed this a month ago, it's such a good game. Here are some 4K screens of the PC version with its fan-made patch:

PcehEqz.jpg

niqgSTf.jpg

shame we didn't get the Order 66 sequel!

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Looking at the screenshots, it's sad that they couldn't update the HUD reticle for widescreen. There's a simple texture mod that fixes it on PC:

Pc version fixed:
pdR4eZF.jpg

e3YO3Ql.jpg

Console port:
g2AY3Uh.png

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox too? I know we can already play in 4k via BC, but it would still be nice.

Looking at the screens here it doesn't look much different than the X Enhanced 4k version that's already on Xbox. Probably no point? They've given it away on Games With Gold before, gotta assume a lot of people already have it.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Great game. Always hoped for an Imperial Commando sequel.

I don't think I've played through this since it came out, since it was kinda bored on 360.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Imagine if they had implemented online co-op as well. The game is literally made for co-op.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to play this game for years! Dang, glad this is coming out, great news!

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Looking at the footage, it seems like they didn't update the HUD and just removed it? Either that or they've just disabled it for the trailer. Fantastic game either way.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
huh having just finished watching Clone Wars TV show recently (first time) this could be fun to play, although I imagine it doesn't tie into any of that since I think it predates it?

Wonder if there will be a PS5 version too or just no point. Be interesting to see comparison videos of this version vs PC with mods.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Looking at the footage, it seems like they didn't update the HUD and just removed it? Either that or they've just disabled it for the trailer. Fantastic game either way.

The trailer is just footage without the HUD and helmet. They still have the regular helmet and HUD, unfortunately only in 4:3 display format, see my post here:

Looking at the screenshots, it's sad that they couldn't update the HUD reticle for widescreen. There's a simple texture mod that fixes it on PC:

Pc version fixed:
pdR4eZF.jpg

e3YO3Ql.jpg

Console port:
g2AY3Uh.png

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
huh having just finished watching Clone Wars TV show recently (first time) this could be fun to play, although I imagine it doesn't tie into any of that since I think it predates it?

Wonder if there will be a PS5 version too or just no point. Be interesting to see comparison videos of this version vs PC with mods.

It's not canon but the characters were in the TV show so I think it's just going to be slowly re-introduced.

Oct 30, 2017
I recently went back to this game after trying it out when it first released on the OG Xbox and, god damn, this game is hard.

I've never needed bacta so badly.

Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool. Hoping more classic Star Wars games like KOTOR get ported too. Crazy to see some on mobile but not consoles

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played it for the first time a few months ago on xbox BC and I loved it. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good tactical FPS.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
I get that Republic Commando is already available via BC on Xbox, but it's getting pretty damn irritating to see these Star Wars ports skipping Xbox. I really would like to do a replay of Jedi Outcast, but no luck apparently.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at that HUD this is the closest thing we'll get to Metroid Prime on Switch this year

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still wish we got that sequel. I replayed Republic Commando two years ago with Xbox backwards compatibility. Its still a good game, even though it can be janky at times.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I get that Republic Commando is already available via BC on Xbox, but it's getting pretty damn irritating to see these Star Wars ports skipping Xbox. I really would like to do a replay of Jedi Outcast, but no luck apparently.
Pretty sure Outcast will come when the Xbox BC team will add the title as backward compatible from the OG Xbox during the year. I'm sure this will happen and the OG console version would be more feature complete actually so I hope more for that.

For Republic Commando, I have the OG disc for Xbox here and played it there but I would be curious to know the price on Switch, might be interesting to grab it there. No word on the multiplayer too, I wonder if they removed it?

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but any word on if multiplayer is included?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
place your bets

will they "forget" to put in Y-axis inversion again?

it's already depressing that there's yet again no word on gyro support. what's even the point of focusing on PS4/Switch which both have gyro in their controllers if you're not using it for your FPS/third person game with aiming.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but any word on if multiplayer is included?
PR says nothing about any mp.

www.gematsu.com

Star Wars: Republic Commando coming to PS4, Switch on April 6

Aspyr Media will release first-person tactical shooter Star Wars: Republic Commando digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch on April 6 for $14.99, the developer announced. Nintendo eShop pre-orders …

$15

KalBalboa mind putting this info in the OP (the trailer too?)