• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are hybrid human-Twilek children in TCW who just look like Twileks with vitiligo, so I'm assuming it can vary quite a bit.

Little Jacen looks fully human but with green hair and green tinted ears.
Were these other pairings from a male human/female twi'lek pairing or the other way around?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I enjoyed the finale but it wasn't at all what I expected. I was expecting a more somber finale with most of the characters going down fighting (like Rogue One).

I think I will like it more as time goes on, depending on what happens next. I'm really looking forward to an Ahsoka/Sabine show as they search for Ezra.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I really enjoyed that finale and the emotions of it all. Nice to see all these cool moments.

.... but

It is extremely bizarre to me that Ahsoka lives beyond ROTJ and we have no idea that she ever speaks to Luke.
What's the deal with Hera's kid. Kanan and Hera are just doin it this whole time without ever saying I love you... is very odd.
Thrawn got some great sinister moments in this episode. He FINALLY seemed to live up to his evil potential.
The events of this finale make the Empire seem ridiculously stupidly profoundly inept. The victory here at Lothal is very jarring coming off of Rogue One and living with the 'first major victory' line in the opening crawl of Star Wars for the past 40 years.
That all being said
I'm glad Zeb and Hot Kallus live and are super friends now.
I'm super excited for Sabine/Ahsoka team up. It will continue to be seriously strange and bizarre that Ahsoka never spoke to Luke. I hope someday it is satisfactorily explained and maybe we actually see some Luke & Ahsoka content...... does this retcon the line from Yoda 'there is another' to Ahsoka? Nah probably not but you know how many people are going to ask that question... all of them.

So I loved it, but I have seriously mixed feelings about all the repercussions of certain things, but am also very excited by them too? Uhhh .. ok

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Had expected a high body count and bit more of a bleak ending, but given it's Disney XD, I should have known better. I enjoyed it, content with how it ended, few things I didn't like, but nothing major. Rebels basically turned into Clone Wars 2, so it's fitting the new series will be Rebels 2. Was great to see Ahsoka at the end.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo uuh heras kid turns out to be force sensitive and gets slaughtered by Kylo Ren at Lukes temple?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm betting Hera knows Luke by the end of Endor. She seems pretty chummy with Leia and Han in that little FoD animation.

Also, Hera telling Kanan she loved him I think was a bigger statement... more of a "maybe we should have just settled down" kind of thing. Or should later. I think they were probably doing it off and on since New Dawn, and even though they were too busy to really emotionally invest and spend time on their relationship as a couple, they were always a couple. Like, either of them becoming romantically involved with someone else wouldn't happen.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just hope the next series is as good as Clone Wars.

I know it's Disney but we need a darker Star Wars animated series, one of the reasons why I never got into Rebels was how kid-friendly it was in tone and theme. Not to mention the dull characters, the awful art style and the amount of filler episodes. I stuck with it though, as much as I could.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm betting Hera knows Luke by the end of Endor. She seems pretty chummy with Leia and Han in that little FoD animation.

Also, Hera telling Kanan she loved him I think was a bigger statement... more of a "maybe we should have just settled down" kind of thing. Or should later. I think they were probably doing it off and on since New Dawn, and even though they were too busy to really emotionally invest and spend time on their relationship as a couple, they were always a couple. Like, either of them becoming romantically involved with someone else wouldn't happen.
Yeah that's a good and fine explanation for Hera and Kanan.

Oh .... I LOVED more Hondo, Melch, Vizago, Mart

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
star wars should be kid friendly.
It is kid friendly, every other product in the series is kid friendly, it would be nice to have 1 that's darker in tone.

More of these type of scenes (and more politics):

VentressKissColt-ARCT.png

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jacen is going to end up being like a big brother to Ben and then Ben is going to kill him, isn't he.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't forget, Thrawn also mentioned that what was left of the Jedi are untrained children (like Ezra), or scattered about.

So it even implies there's more surviving Jedi than just Ashoka.

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about Yoda's line,

1. Ahsoka isn't a Jedi and Ezra is gone
2. Ahsoka wasn't a hope, she was soundly defeated by Vader. Luke and potentially Leia were the last hope because they being Vader's children had a potential to connect with him.
Even then its basically a lucky moment that allows Vader to kill Palpatine.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ashoka was older then thI last time we saw her, yes? Then that would indicate she was around during Ep 4-6. So what was she doing?

If not then maybe she just re appeared after Ep 6.

And her and Ezra etc can really come back until eps 7 or later because Jedi/ the Force are still a myth. Luke himself is just a legend.

Man the old cannon had this all nice and neat. New cannon fucks it all up.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Plus, isn't Yoda's line in 6 "there is another Skywalker"?

People have tried to fight Vader, and they get killed, so really the only ones that can beat him are ones he has a connection to. Luke only "beat" him because he was his kid and Vader was thrown off by his feelings.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka was older then thI last time we saw her, yes? Then that would indicate she was around during Ep 4-6. So what was she doing?

If not then maybe she just re appeared after Ep 6.

And her and Ezra etc can really come back until eps 7 or later because Jedi/ the Force are still a myth. Luke himself is just a legend.

Man the old cannon had this all nice and neat. New cannon fucks it all up.
I seriously hope you aren't referring to the EU.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
People keep talking about Yoda's line,

1. Ahsoka isn't a Jedi and Ezra is gone
2. Ahsoka wasn't a hope, she was soundly defeated by Vader. Luke and potentially Leia were the last hope because they being Vader's children had a potential to connect with him.
Even then its basically a lucky moment that allows Vader to kill Palpatine.

I have no issue with what they did with Ahsoka - she's clearly off doing some kind of mystical shit while the movies are going on, or displaced from time, or looking for Ezra, or whatever else - but that's a pretty drastic mischaracterisation of that fight. You make it sound like Vader wasn't even trying, when she gave him a tougher fight than, well, anyone outside of Luke in ROTJ--which, of course, makes perfect sense when you consider that she's, y'know, Anakin Skywalker's former apprentice, and - as of Rebels - one of the most powerful martial force users we've ever seen in Star Wars.

And heck, technically speaking, he didn't even win at the end--if he hadn't gotten incredibly lucky and survived the fall through the floor that she engineered, it would've been a draw, with both dying.

Oct 25, 2017
Plus, isn't Yoda's line in 6 "there is another Skywalker"?

People have tried to fight Vader, and they get killed, so really the only ones that can beat him are ones he has a connection to. Luke only "beat" him because he was his kid and Vader was thrown off by his feelings.
In ESB he basically says there is another(hope, responding to Obi-Wan)
in ROTJ he mentions another Skywalker to luke, and in a discussion telling Luke to train others before Yoda dies says when he is gone Luke will be the last of the Jedi.

I have no issue with it.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In ESB he basically says there is another(hope, responding to Obi-Wan)
in ROTJ he mentions another Skywalker to luke, and in a discussion telling Luke to train others before Yoda dies says when he is gone Luke will be the last of the Jedi.

I have no issue with it.
Yeah you are right. I don't have a problem with it, but I brought it up because, y'know it's gonna be a question asked until the end of fucking time until it gets addressed somehow. And yeah you are right the 'other' is clearly explained in ROTJ by Yoda as Leia. But that will not prevent the question being asked... always.

edit. whatever it's all ok it's easily explained.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, only in the sense that everyone who's ever jumped to hyperspace should've been flattened by g-forces.
No, because the windshield was clearly broken. But I guess it's possible the space whales filled the entire gap.

Or maybe Ezra made a Force windshield, similar to how Kanan was able to Force push an explosion.

Oh yeah, and again we get victory via lightspeed crashes. The rebels and resistance really should look into that.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
No, because the windshield was clearly broken. But I guess it's possible the space whales filled the entire gap.

Or maybe Ezra made a Force windshield, similar to how Kanan was able to Force push an explosion.

Oh yeah, and again we get victory via lightspeed crashes. The rebels and resistance really should look into that.

I mean, if some panes of glass are really enough to protect you from the force of entering hyperspace, then it's clearly not that huge a strain in the first place...

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
Last week's episode was my favorite of the series, so these episodes didn't quite reach those heights, but they came surprisingly close and, most importantly, they provided a beautifully satisfying conclusion to the show and its characters while also compellingly setting up Filoni's next series. The heartening nature of this conclusion was, imo, a very fitting one. Due to Kanan's death and the melancholic manner in which it influenced the final episodes and emphasized a sense of loss, it certainly wasn't necessary for more of the central characters to die here. As such, I was highly satisfied by the resolutions to every prominent character. From Kallus' ultimate redemption and possible relationship with Zeb to the confirmation of Rex's role in the battle at Endor to Ahsoka and Sabine's immensely promising journey to find Ezra and bring him home. The glimpse of Hera and Kanan's son was especially poignant. I also rather enjoyed that Ezra's maturation was so evident throughout these episodes. His gradual development has been very rewarding. Rebels might not have been quite as consistent or tonally ambitious as TCW, but it was a largely excellent follow-up that featured a plethora of engaging and memorable characters. Considering the highly intriguing foundations that were laid for the next series, it has the potential to be Filoni's best. I can't wait.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Last week's episode was my favorite of the series, so these episodes didn't quite reach those heights, but they came surprisingly close and, most importantly, they provided a beautifully satisfying conclusion to the show and its characters while also compellingly setting up Filoni's next series. The heartening nature of this conclusion was, imo, a very fitting one. Due to Kanan's death and the melancholic manner in which it influenced the final episodes and emphasized a sense of loss, it certainly wasn't necessary for more of the central characters to die here. As such, I was highly satisfied by the resolutions to every prominent character. From Kallus' ultimate redemption and possible relationship with Zeb to the confirmation of Rex's role in the battle at Endor to Ahsoka and Sabine's immensely promising journey to find Ezra and bring him home. The glimpse of Hera and Kanan's son was especially poignant. I also rather enjoyed that Ezra's maturation was so evident throughout these episodes. His gradual development has been very rewarding. Rebels might not have been quite as consistent or tonally ambitious as TCW, but it was a largely excellent follow-up that featured a plethora of engaging and memorable characters. Considering the highly intriguing foundations that were laid for the next series, it has the potential to be Filoni's best. I can't wait.
Great post and summary.

I really loved the reunion aspect of these episodes. Seeing Hondo, Mart, the friend from the academy infiltration episode, Vizago, Ryder, Gregor, Wolfe, Rex, Kallus all team up was some great stuff. It's pretty cool to see Ezra's growth come to a great place here. Pointed out in Rebels Recon, Ezra's strength is his willingness to see beyond who people appear to be at first, and his ability to have insight and care about other people and his great ability to have strong empathy for others and the world around him. I couldn't help but smile through all of it.

Seeing Mart make it thru was some of the best shit ever. I care about Mart? Oh I guess I do, and he's awesome!
Seeing Zeb take Kallus to Lira-san was a really moving moment, completing Kallus' redemption.
Having the whole series just have Ezra and Sabine be friends and supportive of eachother is so cool.

Filoni being the voice of Chopper all along is some glorious shit. Chopper is my favorite curmudgeonly bastard of all time. I love him.

WHERE WAS AP-5

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a fine ending. I was really fearing that zeb and team (other than rex, I forget if he was there or not) would get wiped in the shield control room, which would be way too similar to rogue one.