• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my guess:

That shot where he extends his lightsaber is the closing shot of the series. He goes up against Sheev, and they don't show a fight because we know how that will end up, and they also don't need to show him being killed.

It also leaves room for some ambiguity regarding his fate, now that we know that being rescued from outside time is a possibility. Then, if he does show up in a later series, they can explain it then.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how Thrawn will fit into this 'cus Rebels has really made him seem like a chump. I'd like if the series ends with a massive lose for the Rebels, with Ezra, Sabine and Zeb all getting killed but somehow switching it over to Luke and Obi-Wan, to give us a sense that the Ghost crew didn't die for nothing.

That might be too be too close to what they did with Rogue One, though.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how Thrawn will fit into this 'cus Rebels has really made him seem like a chump. I'd like if the series ends with a massive lose for the Rebels, with Ezra, Sabine and Zeb all getting killed but somehow switching it over to Luke and Obi-Wan, to give us a sense that the Ghost crew didn't die for nothing.

They can't have too big a victory or else the Rebellion would be emboldened by the time of Rogue One rather than totally disjointed like it is in the movie. I would assume Pryce dies and the rebels wreck the Imperial capital but the outcome of the battle isn't clear.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My guess is everyone that doesn't exist in the OT films dies, except chopper and Hera (as they were in Rogue One). That means Thrawn, any force user, or anyone of importance on the empire side that have zero mention in any of the succeeding 6 films. That's what we'll be working with.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My guess is everyone that doesn't exist in the OT films dies, except chopper and Hera (as they were in Rogue One). That means Thrawn, any force user, or anyone of importance on the empire side that have zero mention in any of the succeeding 6 films. That's what we'll be working with.
I can't see them killing off Thrawn. They've only recently reintroduced him. Timothy Zahn's new book was very well received and he's got another Thrawn book coming in a few months. Thrawn could easily be sent on another assignment elsewhere in the galaxy, especially if he fails on Lothal. Or maybe he could even return to the Chiss.

I think Pryce and Kallus are very likely to bite it. Zeb a bit less so but it's still fairly likely. I don't think there's any chance Sabine will die. Heading back to Mandalore seems to be the most likely outcome.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The daughter is from TCW? Who is it?

We don't know what the Father, Son, and Daughter are. They could be gods, spirits, manifestations of the Force, etc. It's up in the air. In the old canon they were evolved Celestials, an ancient race of aliens.

Edit: Thrawn will lose but it will be because of Pryce. Palpatine will understand that and send Thrawn into the Unknown Regions with the Eclipse. That's my guess.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I will gladly watch a dozen Jar-Jar episodes instead of that Colonel Glascon and his droid brigade crap.

That was the nadir of Star Wars.

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Sabine doesn't die,
She works and fits too well regardless of outcomes to kill off.

1. Zeb and maybe Ezra die, she loses hope and goes back to being a loner mercenary(works for me)
2. They die but she sticks in there with Hera(im fine with that)
3. They die she goes and sticks with Bo-katan and the Mandalorians(im also fine with that)

The daughter is from TCW? Who is it?

Factually we don't know but she is proposed as the embodiment of the LightSide of the Force.
And here Palpatine referred to them as Gods.

Last edited:

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I expect this series to end on a safe, upbeat note similar to how many television shows bow out like Cheers or M*A*S*H.

-- Lothal will be liberated, thereby bookending the main conflict of this series.
-- Sabine will return her home planet of Mandalore to help rebuild or rally her people against the Empire.
-- Hera will be reassigned to help in the battle of Scarif, along with Chopper.
-- Zeb will either return to his people or remain on Lothal to help rebuild its liberated population.
-- And Ezra will strike out on his own, perhaps to find Ahsoka Tano and laying the one potential hook for Dave Filoni to explore in a future animated series.
-- Thrawn's tie defender project will be utterly upended, with his defeat being ambiguous enough that he could make a reappearance in a future series. Or they might actually kill him off for good to give a satisfying victory for Ezra and company. But I have a feeling that the writers are positioning Governor Pryce to take the bullet instead. However, Pryce lacks the gravitas that Thrawn has, which is why killing Thrawn off as a decisive pound of flesh would give a more weighty sendoff.

While Rebels is set during a dark period in the timeline, I don't think Filoni will end the series on a bleak note given that this is a Disney show.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already had confirmation that Thrawn
exists in the period after the original trilogy? His knowledge of the Unknown Regions helped the Empire to retreat safely following the fall of the Emperor.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Rebels can't have a major victory before Scarif though

Yes they can, especially given that Lothal is largely seen as a back water planet of little importance. In the greater scheme of things, Lothal is of trivial significance. But on Rebels, it's treated as the de facto center of the universe, as it should, given that the main character, Ezra is from that world. Rebels' timeline may be set prior to the events in ANH, but it's main grounded focus is based on Lothal. Liberating Lothal doesn't invalidate Scarif or Yavin; it just serves as a soft prelude to the bigger events. In future media, I could see the writers contriving the idea that the Empire downplays this victory and is able to do so because of Lothal's benign perception. Perhaps future canon will introduce the idea of Lothal being one of dozens of worlds who have managed to secure victories over the Empire before ANH.

Last edited:

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already had confirmation that Thrawn
exists in the period after the original trilogy? His knowledge of the Unknown Regions helped the Empire to retreat safely following the fall of the Emperor.

The book doesn't indicate when he provided that data.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they can, especially given that Lothal is largely seen as a back water planet of little importance. In the greater scheme of things, Lothal is of trivial significance. But on Rebels, it's treated as the de facto center of the universe, as it should, given that the main character, Ezra is from that world. Rebels' timeline may be set prior to the events in ANH, but it's main grounded focus is based on Lothal. Liberating Lothal doesn't invalidate Scarif or Yavin; it just serves as a soft prelude to the bigger events.
It's important that Rebels closes the door on this conflict, given its significance to the series as a whole and personal relevance to Ezra. I agree that a victory (major or not) is on the cards for the Rebels and expect Lothal to be liberated on some level, or for the Empire to "retreat" before the end credits roll on the final episodes.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically a victory on Lothal cannot be attributed to the Rebel Alliance unless they send more reinforcements, so it shouldn't conflict with Scarif. It would certainly be the biggest precursor battle to the official start of the GCW though, along with Atollon and the war on Mandalore.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
The book doesn't indicate when he provided that data.
You're right, it's not specified. I guess I just assumed that it was
Thrawn on the Eclipse, who was awaiting the arrival of Gallius Rax in the Unknown Regions.

Technically a victory on Lothal cannot be attributed to the Rebel Alliance unless they send more reinforcements, so it shouldn't conflict with Scarif. It would certainly be the biggest precursor battle to the official start of the GCW though, along with Atollon and the war on Mandalore.
True and the Rebel Alliance is preoccupied with other seemingly more significant matters than liberating Lothal.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Filoni really knows how to make the weird shit work.

So is this why The Emperor had the compass to the first Jedi temple? Was he looking for another portal?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd kinda like to see a series of time skips in the end. Whatever happens on Lothal, and then a series of "stingers":

-Hera and Chopper at Scarrif.

-A year later - Sabine returning to Mandalore.

-Another couple of years later - Rex, Hera and Chop at the Battle of Endor.

-Another year goes by - Thrawn meets a small crew of the final remaining Imperial loyalists as they escape to the Unknown Regions (said loyalists are unnamed, but could appear to be Sloane, Brendol Hux and his young son, etc).

-Some years later, maybe something with aging Mon Mothma and Leia doing government stuff.

-Finally, the last time skip shows something that establishes that the time frame is just pre-TFA... and the last scene shows Ezra and Ahsoka emerge from a portal somewhere, having skipped the last 30 years. Maybe Ahch-To or something.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017

Ghost is in RO I thought?

Anyway, I'd like Sabine to be able to go back to Mandelor, and I think Thrawn will live.

I could see Thrawn being integral to the next animated series taking place between RoTJ and TFA.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Filoni's said that they're not going as far as Scarif. Of course he could be lying, but I'm expecting the story to end on Lothal.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm two episodes into rebels now. How did this get hate? I'm loving it so far. It's not the clone wars, but it shouldn't be. Jedi are gone, and the rebels have to do quick hit mercenary strikes. Really liking ezra and kanan so far.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm two episodes into rebels now. How did this get hate? I'm loving it so far. It's not the clone wars, but it shouldn't be. Jedi are gone, and the rebels have to do quick hit mercenary strikes. Really liking ezra and kanan so far.
Probably the same people complaining about having another kiddy Star Wars show and not giving it a chance.

Kanan is a fantastic character, Ezra is pretty annoying but he's bearable. The rest of the Ghost crew is very likable and they have some great arcs. If you've enjoyed the first two episodes this much then you are definitely gonna love the series.

Oct 25, 2017
It took them until S3 to do anything big with Sabine for one, among other things.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

I found Ezra to be pretty annoying in the first two seasons. Something about him was just unlikable for me. Maybe others felt similarly. The show definitely got better as it went on it seems. I have yet to watch the final season but I've seen a lot of clips and love what I've seen.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally got somewhat caught up. Am I correct in thinking
the White Wolf is going to be Ahsoka in some capacity? Could be a force projection. Would be a hell of a way to get involved without actually being properly involved with the timeline.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally got somewhat caught up. Am I correct in thinking
the White Wolf is going to be Ahsoka in some capacity? Could be a force projection. Would be a hell of a way to get involved without actually being properly involved with the timeline.

Are you sure youre caught up?

EDIT:

Oh "somewhat caught up".

Keep watching.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure youre caught up?

EDIT:

Oh "somewhat caught up".

Keep watching.
I've already spoiled myself on that, I was just speculating on some things as I'm watching cause I find the proposition pretty interesting. Like a predestined thing. I feel like the White Wolf
might've told Kanan he was supposed to die. Because that's what's supposed to happened, or something like that. Will of the Force.

Oct 25, 2017
Rebels hits such heights when it wants to. These were cracking eps.

Shame that for 80% of the time its just a bit dull.

I feel the same way about the series as a whole. Someone needs to make a list of only the best and most necessary episodes of the series into a significantly condensed watching order. I'm talking like, majorities of seasons removed.

Fortunately the entire second half of s4 has been great so far since it's acting as one long series finale.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
It took them until S3 to do anything big with Sabine for one, among other things.

Yeah, I generally like Rebels, but I really wish it hadn't always revolved so thoroughly around Ezra--I like most of the supporting cast quite a bit more. Sabine's arc with her family, her time working for the Empire, the stuff with the darksaber.. I wish there'd been more of that, and that it'd come into the show earlier. Trials of the Darksaber is my third favourite episode, after Twilight of the Apprentice and A World Between Worlds

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I generally like Rebels, but I really wish it hadn't always revolved so thoroughly around Ezra--I like most of the supporting cast quite a bit more. Sabine's arc with her family, her time working for the Empire, the stuff with the darksaber.. I wish there'd been more of that, and that it'd come into the show earlier. Trials of the Darksaber is my third favourite episode, after Twilight of the Apprentice and A World Between Worlds
Its weird how they kinda shifted Sabine in recently like she was always right there 2nd to Ezra.
Im so glad they finally did because man she had like 2 episodes of any importance in 2 entire seasons(episode with the creatures at the Republic base, episode with Ketsu)

It always bugged me because she was the most unique and interesting of the cast but the series just didn't care initially.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that Clone Wars got fucked out of a proper ending. At least we're getting that with Rebels.
It has an ending: RotS. The "ending" was made prior to the show and isn't terribly good, but that's the ending, as it wraps up all the major plot points and finishes off most of the characters.

On the other hand, with Rebels, we really have no idea what's about to happen.