• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time travel huh?

Of all SW media, i didnt expect Rebels to be the one to pull that off.

Miso

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Northen Beaches
Rebels hits such heights when it wants to. These were cracking eps.

Shame that for 80% of the time its just a bit dull.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when in TLJ Luke said the Force is so much bigger? Well now we have an idea of that.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All original 6 movies, The Clone Wars (the CGI cartoon that started in 2008 but not the 2D one done by Genndy Tartakovsky during the prequel era), and all comics/books/shows/movies since 2014 that aren't marked "Legends" are 100% canon in the Disney era.

You've got some catching up to do!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All original 6 movies, The Clone Wars (the CGI cartoon that started in 2008 but not the 2D one done by Genndy Tartakovsky during the prequel era), and all comics/books/shows/movies since 2014 that aren't marked "Legends" are 100% canon in the Disney era.

You've got some catching up to do!
The Clone Wars movie is canon too right

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have or made a list of the voices we heard in the temple:

I thought I heard Yoda, Qui-gon, Ahsoka, Old Obi-wan, young Obi-wan, Shmi, boy Anakin, Kanan...who else?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Was
Rey's "We'll see each other again.. I believe that" a tie in to Ezra seeing Akosha again? Cuz if so that's pretty amazing

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was
Rey's "We'll see each other again.. I believe that" a tie in to Ezra seeing Akosha again? Cuz if so that's pretty amazing
It certainly seemed like the voices were being used to tell a story to some degree. Especially when Ezra first arrives its very blatantly an explanation of what's going on.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That would basically be the equivalent of
Ezra saving Kanan from his death.
Without Luke stalling the First Order, what was left of the Resistance would be dead.
No, not really.

Luke disappears after he's done with that, so it changes nothing, except that we won't get to see Force Ghost Luke harassing his nephew in IX.

DarthGoomba

Oct 30, 2017
This could have gone completely wrong, but (as always with Dave Filoni) it was executed very well. You can just see that a lot of thought was put into this, so that it does not "break" Star Wars in any way. Yes, it is possible to jump to several points in the timeline, but it's not like they have a DeLorean at their disposal now that makes time travel easy.

Also, keep in mind, Ezra did not change any events that had occurred. Ashoka had not died in season 2. She was shown alive at the end of the episode. And the reason for that was that Ezra had already rescued her in the future. So that gives me reason to believe that all events in the timeline in Star Wars are destined to happen and cannot be changed.

Also, now that the series is coming to an end, can we take a moment to appreciate how amazing it is that a TV show was able to bring back the original voice actors for so many characters of the OT? Think about it, we got C-3PO, Lando,Vader, Yoda, Palpatine... (I might be forgetting some). It's amazing that these people where willing to come in and reprise their roles, on a "kids" TV show of all places!

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Wait, people actually loved these episodes?

The show is coming to an end and basically the only development that took place is... Ezra realized the point that Kanan was making with his self-sacrifice THREE EPISODES AGO? Other than that, they just added a piece of lore that seems massive but does not really change anything and will most likely have zero repercussions in other shows/movies/etc.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I'm pretty sure Ahsoka is stranded at the Sith Temple Malachor. In the S2 finale, Maul had been stranded there with no ship for a long time. He got away by stealing Vader's ride, Vader presumably got a lift from Palp (because he knew Vader was there), and Kanan, Ezra and Chop left on the Phantom. I think Ahsoka is now stuck there, just like Maul was. Right?

Maybe now that Ezra knows she's there he can go get her? Although I guess he wouldn't know that's where her door went.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm pretty sure Ahsoka is stranded at the Sith Temple Malachor. In the S2 finale, Maul had been stranded there with no ship for a long time. He got away by stealing Vader's ride, Vader presumably got a lift from Palp (because he knew Vader was there), and Kanan, Ezra and Chop left on the Phantom. I think Ahsoka is now stuck there, just like Maul was.

Hmm. Did Maul commandeer the Inquisitors' ship?

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, that's right, the Inquisitors were there too... I always thought he took Vader's custom Tie, but maybe it was theirs, yeah. But if so, that means Vader simply left on his own, and she's still stuck. I guess?
There were 5 ships on the planet at the end. The Phantom, three inquisitor ties, and Vader's tie. Ezra and Kanan took the Phantom and Maul took an inquisitor tie. Vader either got a pick up or took his tie. That leaves at least two ships she could take.

EDIT: I agree with Breqesk though. More likely she took another portal.

Last edited:

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm leaning into the idea she took another portal, personally. It fits with the cards, and offers the most flexibility in terms of where in the timeline/canon she could potentially show up next.

Oct 25, 2017
I found Ashoka's theory really interesting about Kanan's will continuing on and there being multiple ways for such a thing to manifest. Clearly hinting at the idea of a force ghost, but not a full measure, something smaller and more primitive. Just a small portion of him that hung around and dissipated once the job was done. Very interesting to see the concept of a force ghost develop.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being canon doesn't really mean that much, sadly. We're not going to be aeeing any if these characters pop up in the movies, outside of Rogue one style Easter egg cameos.

inb4 a 70 year old Ahsoka shows up at the end of Star Wars IX when Rey calls all the Jedi that have been in hiding for the last fifty years to help her establish the Jedi Order once more.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm leaning into the idea she took another portal, personally. It fits with the cards, and offers the most flexibility in terms of where in the timeline/canon she could potentially show up next.
Even if she went through a different portal didn't Filoni say that the she ended up in the season 2 time period?

I don't have a source but read it somewhere around here.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Even if she went through a different portal didn't Filoni say that the she ended up in the season 2 time period?

I think he specifically said she ended up right where we saw her at the end of Season 2, descending the stairs into the temple. Since the Topps cards seemingly depict events from after that point, the next portal could presumably take her anywhere without contradicting Filoni's statement.

adamblue

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
DFW, Texas

This is what I thought. You even see her walk toward the triangular walkway in Season 2, so my thought is that even then, Ezra had stepped through time to save her and we just never saw it. Her next step was always going to happen...

Season 2:
iDGzKaA.png

Season 4:
2QroHqu.png

...being that her spirit animal, the owl, taking her to the portal that is in this temple (if that's how it works). We can see that from the artwork here: https://thewookieegunner.com/2016/07/15/swce-2016-ahsoka-tano-digital-cards-topps/ By the look of the portal, I think she's going to Lothal. So, I guess the rest of the force users will be together for a R1-like ending?

Also, Vader was on the surface outside the temple in that episode, so I'm sure anyone could get out. I think Maul was manipulating Ezra like he did luring him to Obi-Wan. The spirit animal was taking Ahsoka there on purpose, just like the loth-wolves guided Ezra. But who is the owl??? Was it the will of the force that Dume brought Ezra to the temple to stop the Emporer from figuring it out, or to save Ahsoka? I think once we find out what happens to Ahsoka, we'll get an idea.

I may be wrong about all of this.

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap those last two episodes were nuts!!! I don't see how they can end it because I can envision an end coming... but we'll see.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Filoni said in the most recent Rebels Recon:
"The fun thing for me was that I could tell this whole story about her and meeting Ezra and what's going on and then end precisely where I ended before in Season 2. So you're not really farther ahead than you were with her, but you learned a bit of the story that you didn't know existed. So now you know that she really is descending that staircase in the triangle doorway because you see the triangle doorway behind her and everything is set up for her to hook up with that moment. Whatever happens after, I mean who knows at this point."

So my thing is that, it's not entirely clear WHEN she arrives back at precisely where she ended in Season 2. That moment that was depicted in season 2 could easily be at an advanced time, ie 2 years advanced from her fight with Vader, ie at the same time frame Ezra and everyone else occupies now.... or, it could be that she ends up where and when she left. It's not super important, but if she shows up again in this series finale or again in future things, it'll be cool to find out what happens next with her.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I was going to wait until the season was over before catching up but the hype around 'A World Between Worlds' pulled me in. I just watched the most recent 4 episodes this morning and was not disappointed.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread but I thought the 'World' that Ezra ends up in was handled and depicted really well. It could've easily been a very hokey concept but the design, the voices, the pathways, the portals... all of it were depicted wonderfully. I can't wait to see what they do with this concept in the future.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think they might be working with
'whatever happened, happened' rules. Since we see her walking through the doorway back in season 2, I don't actually think there's a reality where she dies. Like I think Erza has and will always look at that portal and never save Kanan.
Exactly. This is "Time travel is a part of history, past can't be changed" kind of time travel.
"Star Wars Explained" on YouTube just made a very interesting observation.

The portal that showed Kanan is the same portal that Palpatine appeared in, and said portal had Sith iconography around it. What if the vision that Ezra and Ashoka see was an illusion/deception from Palpatine, to lure Ezra to reach into the portal, and right into Palpatine's grasp?
Ya, I saw that too. It's why I think time travel isn't the point of the "World Between Worlds", but more of a world that links everything together (ie the Force). Hell, the entire point of Palpatine's blue fire thing was that he wanted Ezra, if Ezra had believed he could save Kana he would have stepped through and probably have appeared directly in front of the Emperor.

As far as the ending of the series, I'm 90% sure
that the ending will be Ahsoka, Ezra and the rest of the gang going to the World Between Worlds and traveling to Post-Original/Pre-New Trilogy era(Or possibly even Post-TLJ era) , where they conveniently bypass any conflicts over about Jedi in the rebellion, and are also available to be characters in the next series.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That shot with Ezra pulling out his lightsaber in front of the Lothwolves looks like he's about to enter a fight he has no chance of winning. Maybe he rolls up on Sheev?

Alternatively, it could also be like a defiant last stand before Thrawn's forces close in.

Either way, though, it's not looking good for him.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hoping he dies since I don't like the idea of a Jedi in the Rebellion, or even around the that time, when Luke is becoming one.