• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
So, a few days ago I have discovered this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/psnrelease/

It was recommended by Gamstat's Twitter (which leaked RE3 Remake, the FFVII Remake demo, etc.). It basically reports (it looks like in real time) the new things from PSN, such as updates and new games.

In the past few days the information seemed correct and nothing newsworthy. Now, however, a game called "Maverick" has been added. If you look at the art, it's a Star Wars game, more precisely called Star Wars: Project Maverick.

Twitter / Account Suspended

From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, get the full story with all the live commentary.

ESQxtoWXsAA4Y4M.jpg

So, any clue of what this is?

Just a FYI: this game is not for sale (yet), it is a "hidden" record on the european PSN (database). It is the same thing that happened with RE3 and the FF7R demo.

----

UPDATE:

Copy-pasting my own post from Gematsu:

• The content ID is "EP0006-CUSA19053_00-MAVERICKBETA0001," which suggests this is a beta test version.
  • PlayStation VR support is listed as "no," meaning it is not a virtual reality game.
  • The Play Together parameter is listed as "5," suggesting it has multiplayer. (Play Together is a feature which enables you to start a game directly from the Party screen.)
  • Here is the MP3 of the background music that plays on the PlayStation 4 home screen.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Internet: The end is inevitable Star Wars, your movies are heading for extinction.

Star Wars: Maybe so sir, but not today.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Weird, banner almost seems like a Rogue Squadron kind of game.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably some visual part of the new High Republic. Doubtful it's a game that's been developed and released in secret

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The fabled Star Wars and Megaman cross over game that 6 people were dying for

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Reminder from jason's article on SW a few weeks ago said this:
Today, EA has two new Star Wars games in development—a sequel to Jedi Fallen Order at Respawn and a smaller, more unusual project at EA Motive in Montreal, Canada.
So if i were to guess, it is the "unusual project" in EA Motive

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Why not. There are X Wing, and for a reason I still can't understand, we still doesn't have a stand alone DogFight game in this Universe.
So give me a make it VR compatible (but not mandatory).

They think it's super niche probably. I doubt we'll see one, but a Star wars co-op VR dogfighter could blow some gates wide open.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this actually isn't from EA? All of EA's Star Wars games so far have had the EA logo in the game's logo. This one doesn't.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Squadron spiritual successor?

Republic Commando reboot????

New Star Wars RTS. Gimme

I played Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds so much when I was younger. I didn't know Ensemble Studios (creators of Age of Empires/Mythology) made Galactic Battlegrounds as well. Empire at War is cool as hell. It's on PSN so I don't expect an RTS but now I'm dreaming...Creative Assembly making a Star Wars Total War game with the pure love they molded Total Warhammer out of.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hunch this is a rogue squadron type of game.

e: or as mentioned above, some VR experience type of thing. Which I hope it isn't.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yoda gets teleported to the real world to save the Jedi Order and has to be Maverick's wingman in order to save his people and maybe learn how to love along the way.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Rogue Squadron spiritual successor?

Republic Commando reboot????

I played Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds so much when I was younger. I didn't know Ensemble Studios (creators of Age of Empires/Mythology) made Galactic Battlegrounds as well. Empire at War is cool as hell. It's on PSN so I don't expect an RTS but now I'm dreaming...Creative Assembly making a Star Wars Total War game with the pure love they molded Total Warhammer out of.

Yeah would be amazing to recreate those massive battle scenes from the Eps 1 - 3.