• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
IIRC Alan Dean Foster was responsible for a decent amount of the "Star Wars" history as we know it today.
I'm actually really glad they are creating the universe with traditionally EU mediums before their next movie.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Until . . . .

JJ ABRAMS
GiantTediousCoyote-max-1mb.gif

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the main character is gonna be the dude who
got expelled from the jedi order.

"Teradine was a Padawan from the time of the High Republic. [...] No one really knows why or even if he was expelled. Some say he stole records from the Archives, while others believe he had an affair with the chancellor's aide. Either way, he vanished from Jedi history, only remembered."

"He'd always been what you'd call problematic, testing the boundaries of his Masters, and repeatedly bringing the name of the Order into disrepute."

By my knowledge this is the only character who's been mentioned by name.
Anakin by another name

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't a lot of the outer rim still unexplored in the HR era?

We bout to rediscover Tatooine all over again.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Here's the problem with a potential High Republic RPG game, Disney all-canon approach would just kill anything interesting. KOTOR worked because they had a complete free reign. But, since Disney has their all canon approach and they likely want this era to be a multimedia event, they'll likely place too many restrictions on any such game for it to be interesting or even good.
This is basically how I feel about this announcement. A RPG without the ability to do any sort of role-playing will damper the experience.

I think the real danger with a High Republic era game ir stories, is their placement in the timeline.

KOTOR was more than a thousand years before, giving them enough time to basically tell a generational story without it interfering with any of the G canon (as it was called back then) stories. It could avoid the comments from the movies about the Sith being extinct for a millennia and there not being a full scale war since the creation of the Republic (the EU found a way around that by revealing there have been multiple republics).

The High Republic era is "only" about 500-400 years before the events of TPM, so it leaves room for a lot of adventure and heroes to arise in certain areas, but no major galactic wide threat, at least not in the known regions.

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I think the real danger with a High Republic era game ir stories, is their placement in the timeline.

KOTOR was more than a thousand years before, giving them enough time to basically tell a generational story without it interfering with any of the G canon (as it was called back then) stories. It could avoid the comments from the movies about the Sith being extinct for a millennia and there not being a full scale war since the creation of the Republic (the EU found a way around that by revealing there have been multiple republics).

The High Republic era is "only" about 500-400 years before the events of TPM, so it leaves room for a lot of adventure and heroes to arise in certain areas, but no major galactic wide threat, at least not in the known regions.

The jedi don't find out about the sith pre TPM if were no witnesses to tell them about it. 👀

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Didn't Lucas have a hard rule against Wookiee Jedi? Which was why in KOTOR 2 you could turn basically everybody into a Jedi except the Wookiee?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore what Lucas thought.
Others have mentioned the young Wookiee in Clone Wars, but in that same arc it actually is mentioned that Wookiee's are very rare in the history of the Jedi order.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Disney presents...

Star Skirmishes

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad they're retconning the 5000 year time gap and making it 500. It's so much better.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wonder how the "Sith haven't been seen in a millennium" thing will be addressed. Unless they decide not to use the Sith. But this is Star Wars. The Sith will rise again XD

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how the "Sith haven't been seen in a millennium" thing will be addressed. Unless they decide not to use the Sith. But this is Star Wars. The Sith will rise again XD
-Everyone involved in discovering that the sith are alive dies
-The records are destroyed and/or lost
-They do it like the CW and the people who're explicitly aware don't say shit....Yoda

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017