• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
FWIW, Jason schreier replied to me on Twitter when he had the story about the battlefront spinoff. He said there were two Star Wars games in development at EA: fallen order 2 and a smaller unusual title. I asked him if the smaller title was related to project luminous and he said he doesn't think so. The rumor about it starting with a game might be false

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'd love something that's not set in the post ROTS era. Cause I really don't want to know more about Jedi who were on the run who will most likely die near the end because they aren't seen in the OT at all. Not saying they all are like that, but my mind always go back to that.

While post ROTJ does have the sad implication that TFA will eventually come, its still cool to see the world as it was before the First Order took grip again.

That said, we need a rebirth of the Old Republic era. I'm really hoping that rumored KOTOR 1 and 2 re-imagining/remake comes through.

Oct 29, 2017
FWIW, Jason schreier replied to me on Twitter when he had the story about the battlefront spinoff. He said there were two Star Wars games in development at EA: fallen order 2 and a smaller unusual title. I asked him if the smaller title was related to project luminous and he said he doesn't think so. The rumor about it starting with a game might be false

He also said that the KOTOR reimagining (if its happening) would NOT be at EA which is pretty interesting

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Crossposting from the Hangouts OT:

Hopes for the High Republic era:
- The Force is mystical as FUCK. I want to see them get straight up nutty with it. Doorways, not bloodlines.
- Female leads, female writers, female directors. Greta Gerwig's Youngling Women. Florence Pugh is in everything.
- More of the character-focused stuff that Daddy likes, less of the plot-focused stuff that Daddy does not care for.
- More romance ala Lost Stars and TLJ. Shirtless scenes, erotic hand-touching, everyone is jacked. Full-on bodice rippers, let's go.
- I don't know, some cool spaceships or whatever.
- J.K. Simmons is in there somewhere. I love him.
- Rian Johnson Trilogy, that turns into a Quadrilogy when the last movie gets split into two.
- Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose and Ben are in there somehow.

Hook me up, Kathleen.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Lucas have a hard rule against Wookiee Jedi? Which was why in KOTOR 2 you could turn basically everybody into a Jedi except the Wookiee?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore what Lucas thought.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Lucas have a hard rule against Wookiee Jedi? Which was why in KOTOR 2 you could turn basically everybody into a Jedi except the Wookiee?

Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore what Lucas thought.

Also, after TROS I have zero interest in anything new from Star Wars.

doubtful, there's a Wookie Padawan in Clone Wars.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
High Republic should just set in an entirely new timeline/universe. Let the baggage of the PT, OT, and ST die.
Let's do this right with a clean slate.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Fuccckkkkk those costumes and sabers are so hype. Been wondering what older style jedi would look like.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore what Lucas thought.
Nah. George Lucas signed off on this:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, I specifically remember Obsidian talking about Lucas not wanting them to give the Wookiee the option to become a Jedi, because he had some weird hangup about Wookiees and lightsabers.

Maybe something changed in his view on that (ridiculous) issue.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Lucas have a hard rule against Wookiee Jedi?

Not exactly, what happened was that in the late 90s and early 2000s there were a number of EU stories with Wookiee Jedi, so Lucasfilm (not Lucas, but his company) decided to put a moratorium on them for a while.

Lucas himself probably didn't care either way.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Just want to set expectations again and remind people not to expect movie/show announcements. This is a publishing (books, comics) initiative. Movies or shows may come in time, but I really wouldn't expect anything on that front tonight.

Anyway, what's in that spoiler tag looks ace. Can't wait.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the problem with a potential High Republic RPG game, Disney all-canon approach would just kill anything interesting. KOTOR worked because they had a complete free reign. But, since Disney has their all canon approach and they likely want this era to be a multimedia event, they'll likely place too many restrictions on any such game for it to be interesting or even good.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That thing in the background btw...

"In the days of the High Republic, the galaxy was not as settled as it is now. Areas like the Outer Rim were dangerous, hard to navigate. So the people of that time built a huge space station at great effort and expense and placed it in the center of the dark zones. It sent out a signal that acted as a sort of beacon, helping travelers find their way. They gave that station an inspiring name, fitting its purpose."

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Perhaps would've preferred something like Doug Chiang's concept art from Ep1

4b11194cd359c7cc8fb3fadbe24d7dc1.jpg

214dc80f06684e8b3b17cc9cf9a15e77.png

aka dark robes and weird hair styles, face tattoos but I'm still digging what I'm seeing above.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Charles Soule, i'm in.

Just keep feeding SW media right into my veins.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Here's the problem with a potential High Republic RPG game, Disney all-canon approach would just kill anything interesting. KOTOR worked because they had a complete free reign. But, since Disney has their all canon approach and they likely want this era to be a multimedia event, they'll likely place too many restrictions on any such game for it to be interesting or even good.

This is basically how I feel about this announcement. A RPG without the ability to do any sort of role-playing will damper the experience.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Has the yellow lightsaber become quite more popular lately? I've always loved that color for a lightsaber but I've always seen it not be mentioned much until the last 4 years or so.

Either way I'm ecstatic that it's getting more love!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. Until. . . .

Sound Like The Enemy is Vong

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. Until. . . .

Sound Like The Enemy is Vong
Nay

Until....

The rise of the Jedi Exile and Darth Nihilus, wounds in the force, beings who transform the life giving force into an echo of death! Kreia seeks to utilize this anomaly, to destroy the force itself!

The Dead Speak! KOTOR 2 is back!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the main character is gonna be the dude who
got expelled from the jedi order.

"Teradine was a Padawan from the time of the High Republic. [...] No one really knows why or even if he was expelled. Some say he stole records from the Archives, while others believe he had an affair with the chancellor's aide. Either way, he vanished from Jedi history, only remembered."

"He'd always been what you'd call problematic, testing the boundaries of his Masters, and repeatedly bringing the name of the Order into disrepute."

By my knowledge this is the only character who's been mentioned by name.