• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
MOD EDIT: First and last warning: Everyone (EVERYONE) drop the off site drama involving members. Stay on topic. Thank you.

Just look at ANY Star Wars thread here and you can see that Star Wars fandom has been a garbage fire lately, but nowhere more than on social media. One of the big agitators lately (out of three main ones) has been Rebel Force Radio.

For those unfamiliar with them, for a long time they were the "official" Star Wars podcast, who Lucasfilm would send people like Dave Filoni to for interviews. Although they've slowly been shunned by the company due to their growing extremist stance. For example, they were uninvited off the Celebration Podcast stage when people alerted Lucasfilm to the sorts of things they would say on their podcast.

Yesterday, they decided to gaslight their followers into harassing Lucasfilm employee Andi Gutierrez over a joke photo she took back in 2015 on social media:

Needless to say, that backfired spectacularly on them. And it didn't help that it came out that they had history with Andi and the attack and gas-lighting was intentional as their hatred of her was personal:

Today, they did a bye felicia and deleted their Twitter:
https://twitter.com/RebelForceRadio

Last edited by a moderator:

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I was making a comment in the other thread about how this is most likely projection due to something else

If the sources are true about them being livid about the hosting gig and the wife not being hired then maaannnnnn...

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Never heard of them. Then again I never went searching too hard for Star Wars podcasts. Once I stumbled on Full Of Sith I simply settled with that one, although I wish they were more frequent with their episodes. Needless to say Full Of Sith certainly does not promote harassment or this type of behavior.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
pretty gross smh. That fanboy tears mug and them reacting is the epitome of some of the real nasty and toxic starwars fandom.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bobby won

Edit: we always talk about the actors and George being the ones who get harassed, but Andi gets a ton of hate too. It's sad.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Rest in humiliating pieces, garbage humans.

If you aren't absolutely disgusted while listening to white males whine about becoming obsolete in society as it relates to A Science Fiction Film That Some Guy Made Up in The 1970's, I dunno what to tell you...

Oct 28, 2017
England
This is what one of the people who RFR Tweeted the picture to had to say about the image:

In the sub-Tweets he calls for Andi and "all other SJWs infesting Lucasfilm" to be fired, just in case it wasn't abundantly clear which audience they are intending to rile up.

If you're like me and sick of seeing the toxic part of the Star Wars fandom harass people over social media because they didn't like a Star Wars film, you might want to report the RFR Patreon for attempting to insight further harassment.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That guy with the "WeWEREStarWarsCustomers" name is just a disappointing individual. I don't know how you can identify yourself so much with a product, especially to the point of attacking someone over it. Let it be known, it's just fucking Star Wars.

Also, if you get offended over a mug that points and laughs at fanboy culture, perhaps it is time to reevaluate yourself.

Oct 25, 2017
This is what one of the people who RFR Tweeted the picture to had to say about the image:

In the sub-Tweets he calls for Andi and "all other SJWs infesting Lucasfilm" to be fired, just in case it wasn't abundantly clear which audience they are intending to rile up.

If you're like me and sick of seeing the toxic part of the Star Wars fandom harass people over social media because they didn't like a Star Wars film, you might want to report the RFR Patreon for attempting to insight further harassment.

done

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Will do this when I get home thanks

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Wouldn't even call these assholes fans.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So at the end of the day, she still got the job they wanted, they're suffering a huge backlash, and she has an awesome mug.

I think we know who the winner is.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am having trouble following here because I honestly haven't kept up with the Star Wars movies recently. But Rebel Force Radio got upset and directed hate her way because she has a Fanboy Tears mug? Am I missing something? Then deleted their twitter?

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I've lived and breathed Star Wars my entire life...it's above and beyond my favorite movie series. I've read over a hundred of the EU books, I've put thousands of hours into Old Republic. I've got a fullsize screen accurate stormtrooper costume. I'm practically a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Star wars trivia and knowledge.

Even I don't care as much as these idiots.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I am having trouble following here because I honestly haven't kept up with the Star Wars movies recently. But Rebel Force Radio got upset and directed hate her way because she has a Fanboy Tears mug? Am I missing something? Then deleted their twitter?
Pretty much, yeah.

These fuckers are nuts.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't listened to them in a few years ever since they made some extremely sexist comments that just completely disgusted me. This does not surprise me.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017

A mug photo from 2015 which they retweeted to suggest it's for anti-TLJ

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Used to listen to RFR, a year or so ago, it was alright and I enjoyed their conversations.

Tried to get back into it a month or so ago and oooooohhh boy. Their episodes nowadays they're two-faced as fuck. Constantly saying "the fanbase needs to not be so toxic!" while doing shit like that all over Twitter and otherwise. And the more I dug into it the more it came up that they've been like this for a while.

Seems like they've gotten drunk on the attention saying controversial stuff and riling up your fanbase creates. Really disgusting and really a shame because they are really big Star Wars fans that have been covering the movies for decades.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Surely you mean a bag of dildos?

uog3lUV.jpg

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've lived and breathed Star Wars my entire life...it's above and beyond my favorite movie series. I've read over a hundred of the EU books, I've put thousands of hours into Old Republic. I've got a fullsize screen accurate stormtrooper costume. I'm practically a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Star wars trivia and knowledge.

Even I don't care as much as these idiots.
Lol

However, I don't think it's about caring. It's about being mature and knowing when something isn't for you anymore. You're clearly a fan like a lot of us. But, if the day comes where Star Wars isn't for you anymore, you'll probably walk away.

People like these manchildren can't do that. They have this weird view that once they like something, it's theirs. It's their property. When they don't like something, they now expect the creator to cater to their wants because the creator "owes" them as much.
This mentality manifests itself often in their treatment of women. Just look at all the recent "nerds" who have been exposed as harassers. "I like you so you're mine."

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
This situation sums up toxic white male nerd culture perfectly. It's basically: woman has the audacity to be in their space so they loose their collective shit.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
David W. Collins and The Soundtrack Show doesn't have anything to do with RFR anymore does he? I would hate to have to drop it.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
If I recall correctly, right after Kelly Marie Tran delted her instagram, they posted that they would interview people at Lucasfilm and Disney, about how they intentionally baited fans into harrasing her by creating divisive movies.