• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me they don't have an interview with Rian Johnson to celebrate the fourth anniversary of TLJ, lol

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
www.syfy.com

Jessica Henwick didn’t return to Star Wars because Rian Johnson thought her character was dead

Fans of Star Wars tend to get attached to rebel pilots that we barely meet. In terms of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, some of us got invested in Resistance fighter Jess Pava, an ace who is part of Poe Dameron’s Black Squadron.
Unsure of the fate of rebel pilots is probably why JJ's friend (Snap) wasn't in episode 8 as well. Rian has gone on record saying it was difficult to write 8 while the first one wasn't finished yet.

Hearing her say "but my comic!" reminds me of Lucas not caring about that stuff. But the first issue of the comic came out a year before TLJ (April 2016) with the timeline starting began before TFA so it is easy to not pay attention to it in the timeline or write it off.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Honestly don't remember her in the movie at all. It's nearly on the same level as "oh, Keira Knightly was in The Phantom Menace?"

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really enjoyed those interviews with Gareth and John.

I missed this announcement from earlier in the week. Marc Guggenheim is writing a Han and Chewie comic set before A New Hope. I was expecting another limited series, but it sounds like it's an ongoing.

Nice cover for #1 from Alex Maleev.

star-wars-han-solo-chewbacca-1-maleev-var.jpg

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In a roundtable interview with Screen Rant, Vaughn was asked if he still wanted to direct a Star Wars film. Vaughn says he would still love to, but the director explains that he would have jumped at the chance more so ten years ago than now, saying the franchise has been "decimated." Vaughn also clarified that he never was called by Lucasfilm about making a Star Wars film, and thinks this was down to his "maverick" style.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Andor theory: Season 1 will be about Cassian and Season 2 will take place after Rogue One and focus on his sister

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
"It is a time of peace. The jedi are truly at the height of their power. Everything is going fi--btw here's the slow corruption arc of multiple jedi as they get increasingly traumatized by their worst fears"
1qm0gd947u681.jpg

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
With Spider Man No Way Home making a billion The Rise of Skywalker is no longer the last movie to make that.

It does make me wonder about future Star Wars movies and how they would do in the box office though. They'll probably mostly do well and avoid another Solo situation(when possible) but how well will be determined in 2023(maybe?) and beyond.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
With Spider Man No Way Home making a billion The Rise of Skywalker is no longer the last movie to make that.

It does make me wonder about future Star Wars movies and how they would do in the box office though. They'll probably mostly do well and avoid another Solo situation(when possible) but how well will be determined in 2023(maybe?) and beyond.

if the reviews & fan reception are good then i think they'll make money.

rogue squadron seems like the safest star wars movie in a while.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars movies will do fine. Solo was a lot of stuff on top of each other leading to its flop. When the next SW film hits theaters it will be years since the last one.

I just hope they don't keep it safe. I don't want Star Wars to turn into another MCU of mostly okay but hollow films. It's already veering towards that with how Mando is written.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars movies will do fine. Solo was a lot of stuff on top of each other leading to its flop. When the next SW film hits theaters it will be years since the last one.

I just hope they don't keep it safe. I don't want Star Wars to turn into another MCU of mostly okay but hollow films. It's already veering towards that with how Mando is written.
I would not be surprised if they go safe, I guess it's how business goes these days for many movies. I would always want them to try risks but succeed in doing that as well.

BTW I should be watching The The Mandalorian next year.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would not be surprised if they go safe, I guess it's how business goes these days for many movies. I would always want them to try risks but succeed in doing that as well.

BTW I should be watching The The Mandalorian next year.
Apparently The Matrix Resurrections didn't play it safe, and isn't doing so well right now...

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Matrix is on HBO Max too and goes up against spider-man and a family film (during holidays). I don't think its actually that out of the box. The typical outrage nerds are angry because they get kind of called out in the first act (which makes it all the more ironic), but the film continues the Matrix-universe quite well and has everything you expect from a Matrix film (though the action doesn't feel as revolutionary). But sure, it's a film that has something to say that doesn't make nostalgia or fan service it's sole crutch.

But yeah, I fear we're going into a 'just give fans what they think they want'-phase, which doesn't exacly leads to stellar films or series (not saying they're bad. Haven't seen NWH yet btw). I rather have bold and surprising with the chance something misfires than safe and fan servicy that these days more often than not relies on stuff outside of the story to ellicit an emotional response.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Matrix is on HBO Max too and goes up against spider-man and a family film (during holidays).

But yeah, I fear we're in a 'just give fans what they think they want'-phase, which doesn't exacly leads to stellar films or series (not saying they're bad. Haven't seen NWH yet btw). I rather have bold and surprising with the chance something misfires than safe and fan servicy that these days more often than not relies on stuff outside of the story to ellicit an emotional response.
No Way Home is amazing, easily the best MCU Spider Man movie. But yeah, I do agree with you there on that, plus that's what makes Star Wars special.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Cinemas closed here again and I had to pick between Matrix and Spider-Man on the last day, but as I am burning out on the MCU (and was even unsure if I was going to see NWH before the reviews for it where good) I picked The Matrix. I'm also unsure if Spider-Man will do much for me. I liked Homecoming, but hated Far From Home and I have no special fondess for the previous Spider-Man movies (Only saw the frst two Raimi ones, which I mostly liked back then. But it's been years since I saw them.) In my friends circle reactions are very mixed, which makes me believe I'll probably shrug at it. I'm still intending to see it once I get the chance again.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Episode X whenever it is made will be a cultural event again. They might spend most of this decade making more spin off style films I guess