• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else stopped watching the content on the Youtube channel? I'd looked forward to watching the Star Wars Show each Wednesday but now with the new format and Corona, I realized I've stopped watching it. I can't even remember the last one I watched.

I never watched it. Was never my type of thing.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: have you considered the Mythos Obi-Wan figure from Sideshow? I got mine a few months ago and it's fantastic. It's a nice blend of Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness, and he comes with his Clone Wars armor (though I think it's attached to his backpack).

It's a quality figure that can really stand on its own in a collection, even if it isn't technically canon or movie-accurate. More like a fun "what-if" scenario or a time that we never saw between the films.

If you're interested, he's still in stock at Sideshow for $260 with free US shipping.

obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc601563386d.jpg

I have the Boba Fett mythos figure and the the body is complete shit on it. I wonder how Obi-Wan's is. I cant even sneeze at Boba Fett without it falling over.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
My friend and I just finished our watch of The Clone Wars. We would share screen with Discord, itt was really fun. Watching with your friends makes those Jar Jar and Padme episodes less rough. That Ziro episode on Nal Hutta was a trip. Whoever wrote that was on some shit lol.

Rebels is our next watch now.

Oct 28, 2017
Thought this was a pretty well done version of the force ghosts showing up to help Rey

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was a pretty well done version of the force ghosts showing up to help Rey

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's funny cause I was previously for this sort of edit, but watching it now just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Takes away from Rey's struggle and subsequent victory imo

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny cause I was previously for this sort of edit, but watching it now just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Takes away from Rey's struggle and subsequent victory imo
Well it is their victory too, not just Rey's.

What I think TROS does take away, elsewhere, is Rey being a nobody.

I did like how DOTF had Yoda and co. appear only after the battle was finished.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Well it is their victory too, not just Rey's.

True, but my issue is that edit changes the underlying meaning of the scene from "the ghosts revitalize Rey, which leads to her defeating Sheev" to "the ghosts revitalize Rey, but also have a direct hand (literally, ha) in 'sploding Sheev as well." It implies that in the "ideal" version of the film, Rey wouldn't have had a chance either way.

What I think TROS does take away, elsewhere, is Rey being a nobody.

I did like how DOTF had Yoda and co. appear only after the battle was finished.

I do agree with this, though. It's a shame that that proposed "nobody" edit seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

I like it. Feels a little bit more like the 9 film culmination that they kept pretending this movie was. And it's similar to one of George's older concepts for the RotJ finale. I quite like how ghostly it is, with them appearing in flashes and not entirely consistent.
Anakin's force ghost really should have appeared at some point in TRoS. They spent three movies following Kylo Ren's obsession with granpa and not once did peepaw even get to put a word in about that. It's weird.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's a better take, but man, I still forget they pulled this shit. I have never thought of this character as Rey Skywalker. Not even trying to be an obstinate fanbaby, I just have not internalized this. Sometimes I remember Rey Solana was almost a thing, but I've also spent more time reading Trevorrow's script than I have watching TROS.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
One of the issues with the Force ghosts helping Rey kill Palpatine is it raises the question of, why the fuck haven't they helped out before?!

It's a better take, but man, I still forget they pulled this shit. I have never thought of this character as Rey Skywalker. Not even trying to be an obstinate fanbaby, I just have not internalized this. Sometimes I remember Rey Solana was almost a thing, but I've also spent more time reading Trevorrow's script than I have watching TROS.
I have also forgotten this happened more than once, haha. And the movie's only six months old!

Oct 25, 2017
One of the issues with the Force ghosts helping Rey kill Palpatine is it raises the question of, why the fuck haven't they helped out before?!

Really this can of worms was already opened by The Last Jedi and only made worse in The Rise of Skywalker. By the time we get to the finale of TRoS it's already way too late to give a fuck.

The old assumption was that Ghosts could not really interact with the physical world in any significant way. They could appear and give advice but could not directly interfere.
But now we've got Yoda blowing shit up with lightning and Luke holding a physical lightsaber and raising ships out of the water and it no longer makes any sense why they aren't handling all this shit themselves.

The ghosts appearing in the finale like in this edit is really the least offending form their intervention could take. Applying some vague undefined support to Rey is way less contradictory than the stuff Yoda and Luke have already done by this point. This, you could even write off by calling it moral support. But by this point, Luke has practically no excuse for not picking up a lightsaber and chopping Sidious' head off himself while simultaneously setting him on fire with sky lightning. Shit is already fucked long before we reach the finale.
It's all just shenanigans, might as well let the ghosts show up at the end to make some fun cameos. At this point it's probably best to just ignore the worms and roll with it. Ship has already sailed.

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I tend to interpret Obi-Wan's line in ESB as saying "I cannot interfere [because of undefined bad shit that would occur]" rather than "I cannot interfere [because I literally can't]"

It's always felt like there's another dimension to this Force Ghost stuff that the audience hasn't been made privy to, but has been hinted at in TCW, Rebels, the ST, etc.

Oct 28, 2017
England
I've just interpreted it as the ghost's power increasing in places that are particularly strong in the Force, with Yoda and Luke being able to feed of the residual Force energy from the old Jedi temple on Ach-to.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I have the Boba Fett mythos figure and the the body is complete shit on it. I wonder how Obi-Wan's is. I cant even sneeze at Boba Fett without it falling over.
Weird. The body on Obi-Wan is actually really good, much better than other Sideshow figures I've had in the past. It's snappy and holds poses really well. I currently have mine balancing on a rock with no issues.

WjstHCA.jpg

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. The body on Obi-Wan is actually really good, much better than other Sideshow figures I've had in the past. It's snappy and holds poses really well. I currently have mine balancing on a rock with no issues.

WjstHCA.jpg

Nice im glad its holding up for you! The Sideshow mythos Boba Fett has really been the only Sideshow figure I've had with an issue. My 501st Clone and Snowspeeder Luke are holding up really well.

Love your collection btw, have you considered grabbing detolfs for them? I'm still waiting on my local comic book store to get Mudtrooper Han :( (I'm in the U.S.).

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people want Rey Nobody to fade into the background during the culmination of her journey so a bunch of dead peeps who already had their moment can shine again?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want Rey Nobody to fade into the background during the culmination of her journey so a bunch of dead peeps who already had their moment can shine again?

Rise of Skywalker stopped being "the culmination of Rey's journey" the minute Kennedy and Abrams decided to retool Episode IX as "the end of the Skywalker Saga" instead of just the sequel trilogy.

Oct 28, 2017
Rise of Skywalker stopped being "the culmination of Rey's journey" the minute Kennedy and Abrams decided to retool Episode IX as "the end of the Skywalker Saga" instead of just the sequel trilogy.
What about then they made Rey and Kylo co-protagonists in TLJ? Not that TROS was a good movie for Rey .. though I would say it's more Rey-centered than TLJ was.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
What about then they made Rey and Kylo co-protagonists in TLJ? Not that TROS was a good movie for Rey .. though I would say it's more Rey-centered than TLJ was.

To me it felt like at the end of TLJ the trilogy was going to refocus on Rey and Kylo would take a back seat since he'd chosen to be a bad guy.

Oct 28, 2017
I think the trilogy screwed itself when it made TFA all shout the search for Luke Skywalker and made TLJ all about Luke's pain and history with Ben Solo... also not making Rey a Skywalker but Ben Solo, the villain, a sorta-Skywalker muddled things.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with TFA is that starts off about the search for Luke Skywalker, but than it becomes about Starkiller base.

The whole movie should have just been about finding Luke.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Nice im glad its holding up for you! The Sideshow mythos Boba Fett has really been the only Sideshow figure I've had with an issue. My 501st Clone and Snowspeeder Luke are holding up really well.

Love your collection btw, have you considered grabbing detolfs for them? I'm still waiting on my local comic book store to get Mudtrooper Han :( (I'm in the U.S.).
Thanks! I have one Detolf at the moment but it's holding several Hot Toys and 1/6 figures from other movies (DC, Lord of the Rings, etc.) then there's the entire other side of the living room dedicated to a Hot Toys Marvel display. My plan to recreate the final battle from Avengers: Endgame is about halfway there.

But getting back to Star Wars—Mudtrooper Han is a really cool figure and worth picking up if you can. Something tells me he's going to be pretty rare in the future.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I have one Detolf at the moment but it's holding several Hot Toys and 1/6 figures from other movies (DC, Lord of the Rings, etc.) then there's the entire other side of the living room dedicated to a Hot Toys Marvel display. My plan to recreate the final battle from Avengers: Endgame is about halfway there.

But getting back to Star Wars—Mudtrooper Han is a really cool figure and worth picking up if you can. Something tells me he's going to be pretty rare in the future.

Nice, I don't have a big marvel collection, just the Mark 7 Die-cast and Bucky from the Winter Soldier.

Yeah I had a feeling it'd be the new Shoretrooper. I heard though that the mask will leave marks on the face sculpt.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Rey Skywalker?

giphy.gif

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I had a feeling it'd be the new Shoretrooper. I heard though that the mask will leave marks on the face sculpt.
Aw man, that sucks to hear about the mask potentially leaving marks. I really like the Alden sculpt so I probably won't display him with the helmet on, but it's a bummer for those who want to have him in the full gear set.

To this day I still regret selling my Shoretrooper. Back then I had no idea the collection was going to grow so much, and now if I want another one I'd have to cough up $2000+ on eBay... which definitely ain't happening. Here's hoping that Shoretroopers pop up in some future media to justify Hot Toys doing a second run, like the Death Troopers in The Mandalorian.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I went through and cataloged all of Leia's lines from The Rise of Skywalker and attempted to figure out where in The Force Awakens they came from. Here are my findings:
  • "Don't tell me what things look like. Tell me what they are." It's unknown where this is from. It is not in the released movie, any released deleted scenes, or the novelization. My best guess is that it's from the deleted scene "Jakku Message." In the novelization, Lieutenant Brance tells Leia, about Poe, "It looks like he's dead."
  • "Never underestimate a droid" is from the released deleted scene "Jakku Message."
  • Leia saying Palpatine was "always in the shadows, from the very beginning" is from the scene where Leia and Han discuss Ben in the base on D'Qar. The lines were cut from the film but are in the novelization.
  • "Tell me" is likely an alternate take from the end of The Force Awakens when C-3PO told Leia that R2 had "some much-needed good news."
  • "No." Could be an alternate take from Han and Leia discussing Ben. When Han says "We lost our son. Forever." And Leia responds, "no, it was Snoke."
  • Leia telling Rey "tell me when you get back." In the novelization of The Force Awakens, the princess says this to Han Solo before he leaves and after he says "Leia, there's something I've been wanting to say to you for a long time." Those lines are in the novelization, but not the movie.
  • "Rey. Never be afraid of who you are." Unknown. Leia saying "Rey" could be massaged from a different line like how Alec Guinness was made to say "Rey" in the Forceback by cutting the middle out of the word "afraid." Leia hugging Rey was an alternate take of their hug from the end of The Force Awakens.
  • "Ben" Unknown, but possibly from the discussion with Han in the D'Qar base, though Leia does not say "Ben" in the movie or the novelization. It's possible this was edited similar to how "Rey" was done for Alec Guinness.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The thread in off topic reminded me I saw this earlier this morning.

People are assholes

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Kylo forcing Rey to watch his favourite movie, Batman v Superman: The Ultimate Cut, and complaining the whole time about how critics didn't understand it. Constantly messing with settings on his surround sound setup because it has to be perfect, looking at Rey to see her reaction to every major moment and sulking when she doesn't make the right face.

Oct 28, 2017

Kylo forcing Rey to watch his favourite movie, Batman v Superman: The Ultimate Cut, and complaining the whole time about how critics didn't understand it. Constantly messing with settings on his surround sound setup because it has to be perfect, looking at Rey to see her reaction to every major moment and sulking when she doesn't make the right face.

Hahahahaha

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Did you not watch the video?

Rey is still the one defeating the Emperor and deflecting the lightning back in his face, she's just being supported against the force of the lightning by all the Jedi who came before, the same ones who had to revive her. In both cases it's the Force ghosts giving her strength, it's exactly the same thing.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

Rey is still the one defeating the Emperor and deflecting the lightning back in his face, she's just being supported against the force of the lightning by all the Jedi who came before, the same ones who had to revive her. In both cases it's the Force ghosts giving her strength, it's exactly the same thing.
This is exactly what I loved about it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I went through and cataloged all of Leia's lines from The Rise of Skywalker and attempted to figure out where in The Force Awakens they came from. Here are my findings:
  • "Don't tell me what things look like. Tell me what they are." It's unknown where this is from. It is not in the released movie, any released deleted scenes, or the novelization. My best guess is that it's from the deleted scene "Jakku Message." In the novelization, Lieutenant Brance tells Leia, about Poe, "It looks like he's dead."
  • "Never underestimate a droid" is from the released deleted scene "Jakku Message."
  • Leia saying Palpatine was "always in the shadows, from the very beginning" is from the scene where Leia and Han discuss Ben in the base on D'Qar. The lines were cut from the film but are in the novelization.
  • "Tell me" is likely an alternate take from the end of The Force Awakens when C-3PO told Leia that R2 had "some much-needed good news."
  • "No." Could be an alternate take from Han and Leia discussing Ben. When Han says "We lost our son. Forever." And Leia responds, "no, it was Snoke."
  • Leia telling Rey "tell me when you get back." In the novelization of The Force Awakens, the princess says this to Han Solo before he leaves and after he says "Leia, there's something I've been wanting to say to you for a long time." Those lines are in the novelization, but not the movie.
  • "Rey. Never be afraid of who you are." Unknown. Leia saying "Rey" could be massaged from a different line like how Alec Guinness was made to say "Rey" in the Forceback by cutting the middle out of the word "afraid." Leia hugging Rey was an alternate take of their hug from the end of The Force Awakens.
  • "Ben" Unknown, but possibly from the discussion with Han in the D'Qar base, though Leia does not say "Ben" in the movie or the novelization. It's possible this was edited similar to how "Rey" was done for Alec Guinness.
I'm not sure the Ben line is even Carrie. Both times I saw the movie in theaters I thought that was the one line that sounded like it was being dubbed in from someone else.

It makes sense that it wouldn't have come from TFA since Han yelling BEN just as he's about to walk the bridge to his son is supposed to be this climactic reveal. Which feels less so if it was casually mentioned earlier in the movie, haha.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

Yes I saw the edit, and my comment wasn't about the content of that video to begin with.