• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Other Mando books coming out:
  • The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang
  • The Mandalorian: Original Novel (adult novel, Del Rey) by Adam Christopher
  • The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide (DK) by Pablo Hidalgo
  • The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies – Level Two Reader (DLP) by Brooke Vitale
  • The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later) by Brooke Vitale
  • The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization by Joe Schreiber

www.starwars.com

The Mandalorian Publishing Program Revealed - Exclusive

This is the way…to discovering a new series of books inspired by the hit Disney+ series.

Adam Christopher wrote several Dishonored novels btw.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I thought we had lost these forever, but it turns out they were just buried in a box deep in a closet in my house!

0BEB9hd.jpg

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we had lost these forever, but it turns out they were just buried in a box deep in a closet in my house!

0BEB9hd.jpg
It's still wild to me that it took so long for TPM to make it to DVD. I remember it being a big deal when it came out on VHS (like a year later, lol) but even as an 11 year old I thought it was stupid that I couldn't watch it on my DVD player.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

In TIL:

Bantha poodoo doesn't actually refer to bantha shit. Poodoo = fodder, which is a kind of food the creature eats.

starwars.fandom.com

Bantha fodder

Bantha fodder (Huttese: "bantha poodoo") was a slang term for a person deemed to have no value beyond something for a bantha to feed on.[2] It literally referred to food for banthas, which was known for having a terrible smell[3] and attracting stink-flies.[4] The term was also used as a synonym...

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

In TIL:

Bantha poodoo doesn't actually refer to bantha shit. Poodoo = fodder, which is a kind of food the creature eats.

starwars.fandom.com

Bantha fodder

Bantha fodder (Huttese: "bantha poodoo") was a slang term for a person deemed to have no value beyond something for a bantha to feed on.[2] It literally referred to food for banthas, which was known for having a terrible smell[3] and attracting stink-flies.[4] The term was also used as a synonym...

I learned this from KOTOR when you had to find/buy "bantha fodder" to lure some banthas to a cave opening to serve as bait for that dragon

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I know We Got This Covered is usually/always bullshit but I would be morbidly curious to see Lucas' ideas for VII, VIII, and IX repurposed for some future project. Not necessarily movies but a D+ series could be interesting.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I know We Got This Covered is usually/always bullshit but I would be morbidly curious to see Lucas' ideas for VII, VIII, and IX repurposed for some future project. Not necessarily movies but a D+ series could be interesting.
The whole micro universe thing is...uhh...interesting.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Hey all. It's been a minute since I've posted—between things going on in my personal life and everything happening in the world right now, it's been hard to take part in any of the talks here.

I apologize for the crummy phone pictures in advance (and for how big the pictures are), but I wanted to take a moment to share my ever-growing Hot Toys collection with you all. I've been collecting these for a few years now and they take up the majority of the space of my living room shelves. Still working on getting some lighting installed and there's several more figures on the way (Mando, Qui-Gon, Wicket, just to name a few) but it's a fun passion project and I can't wait to see where it goes.

WFafb9M.jpg
0lFbnmA.jpg
zyj87QR.jpg
PYZvTxD.jpg
guh0Xqu.jpg

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
That collection now awesome! Definitely a few pieces in there that I'm jealous of, including that Episode IV Obi. Hot Toys figures are really great, though I don't have many.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
That collection now awesome! Definitely a few pieces in there that I'm jealous of, including that Episode IV Obi. Hot Toys figures are really great, though I don't have many.
Thanks. That Obi-Wan was my very first Hot Toy and the collection's been growing from there. They're fantastic quality figures but I definitely had to cut back spending on other collectibles.

I'm basically this tweet but replace the candles with Hot Toys.

latest

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all. It's been a minute since I've posted—between things going on in my personal life and everything happening in the world right now, it's been hard to take part in any of the talks here.

I apologize for the crummy phone pictures in advance (and for how big the pictures are), but I wanted to take a moment to share my ever-growing Hot Toys collection with you all. I've been collecting these for a few years now and they take up the majority of the space of my living room shelves. Still working on getting some lighting installed and there's several more figures on the way (Mando, Qui-Gon, Wicket, just to name a few) but it's a fun passion project and I can't wait to see where it goes.

WFafb9M.jpg
0lFbnmA.jpg
zyj87QR.jpg
PYZvTxD.jpg
guh0Xqu.jpg

Man, Hot Toys are the best.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. That Obi-Wan was my very first Hot Toy and the collection's been growing from there. They're fantastic quality figures but I definitely had to cut back spending on other collectibles.

I'm basically this tweet but replace the candles with Hot Toys.

latest

That's real life right there. That collection is really impressive, especially since you started with Obi. If I remember correctly, that release isn't that old. Hot Toys makes a great product though, I just haven't actually pulled the trigger on any of their Star Wars releases. I have a smattering of other figures and they've all been really nice.

I wanted to get a nice Star Wars display going, to compliment my lightsaber. Some choice 1/6 scale figures are high on the list of possibilities. The secondary market for them can be a little brutal though.

Oct 28, 2017
Watched a little Rise of Skywalker again last night. My goodness, the movie was so incredibly disappointing. The disappointment just gets worse and worse for me.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
That's real life right there. That collection is really impressive, especially since you started with Obi. If I remember correctly, that release isn't that old. Hot Toys makes a great product though, I just haven't actually pulled the trigger on any of their Star Wars releases. I have a smattering of other figures and they've all been really nice.

I wanted to get a nice Star Wars display going, to compliment my lightsaber. Some choice 1/6 scale figures are high on the list of possibilities. The secondary market for them can be a little brutal though.
Aftermarket prices can really stink. Paid a little too much money for the TFA Han Solo at the time but it was worth it. Who are you thinking about getting?

Also forgot to mention: that lightsaber you posted earlier is incredible. Makes the one I have from Galaxy's Edge look like a cheap toy lol.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Aftermarket prices can really stink. Paid a little too much money for the TFA Han Solo at the time but it was worth it. Who are you thinking about getting?

Also forgot to mention: that lightsaber you posted earlier is incredible. Makes the one I have from Galaxy's Edge look like a cheap toy lol.

In a perfect world I'd get that ANH Obi, probably a Last Jedi Rey, some Kylo amalgam (I like his Force Awakens look best, but that figure didn't have an unmaksed head), an ROTJ Luke and probably the Solo Maul. I also really like that Leia and Wickett release that's coming up. I also really want a Clone Wars era Obi with the lightly armored look. That doesn't exist in any official capacity yet, but it'd be a day one.

Thanks for the kind words about my saber! Savi's was a front runner for me for a long time, I just couldn't make it mine enough and that's why I ultimately didn't do it. I still really like the Savi's stuff and I think the experience of doing it seems super cool. Also...I could have gone to Savi's enough times to get all the pieces for about what I paid for mine lol. I dumped all my insanity into one purchase.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
In a perfect world I'd get that ANH Obi, probably a Last Jedi Rey, some Kylo amalgam (I like his Force Awakens look best, but that figure didn't have an unmaksed head), an ROTJ Luke and probably the Solo Maul. I also really like that Leia and Wickett release that's coming up. I also really want a Clone Wars era Obi with the lightly armored look. That doesn't exist in any official capacity yet, but it'd be a day one.

Thanks for the kind words about my saber! Savi's was a front runner for me for a long time, I just couldn't make it mine enough and that's why I ultimately didn't do it. I still really like the Savi's stuff and I think the experience of doing it seems super cool. Also...I could have gone to Savi's enough times to get all the pieces for about what I paid for mine lol. I dumped all my insanity into one purchase.
Not 100% sure what aftermarket prices would be like for ANH Obi-Wan since he's an older figure... same with TFA Kylo. I think you can join a waitlist for TLJ Rey over on Sideshow's site but it's kind of a gamble whether someone cancels their order or not. Solo Maul looks great, currently have him on a payment plan.

An armored Obi-Wan isn't impossible, with them starting to do Clone Wars stuff with Captain Rex. Honestly I'd love to see them tackle characters from the games. Day one preorders for Iden Versio in her Inferno Squad gear and a Cal Kestis/BD-1 set...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's Star Wars in it and Bob Iger replied to it so I think it deserves to be here

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
I started tcw late too. Half way through season 6. Was shooked on two parts
obi wan getting shot and asoaka leaving

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Not 100% sure what aftermarket prices would be like for ANH Obi-Wan since he's an older figure... same with TFA Kylo. I think you can join a waitlist for TLJ Rey over on Sideshow's site but it's kind of a gamble whether someone cancels their order or not. Solo Maul looks great, currently have him on a payment plan.

An armored Obi-Wan isn't impossible, with them starting to do Clone Wars stuff with Captain Rex. Honestly I'd love to see them tackle characters from the games. Day one preorders for Iden Versio in her Inferno Squad gear and a Cal Kestis/BD-1 set...

Aftermarket Obi's of either flavor seem to hover between 4-500. I'm watching a couple now that are lower but bid only, so we'll see. Armored Obi is the dream, especially with them doing Clone Wars. I'd love to see a full Cad Bane too. There's so many characters across the Star Wars spectrum that I'd love to see get figures. Recanonize Dash Rendar and give me a black series or 1/6th scale figure lol.

Cal would be awesome too, I really liked his character. He'd also be fun to whip up custom stuff for since he had soany outfit options.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Aftermarket Obi's of either flavor seem to hover between 4-500. I'm watching a couple now that are lower but bid only, so we'll see. Armored Obi is the dream, especially with them doing Clone Wars. I'd love to see a full Cad Bane too. There's so many characters across the Star Wars spectrum that I'd love to see get figures. Recanonize Dash Rendar and give me a black series or 1/6th scale figure lol.

Cal would be awesome too, I really liked his character. He'd also be fun to whip up custom stuff for since he had soany outfit options.
Random thought: have you considered the Mythos Obi-Wan figure from Sideshow? I got mine a few months ago and it's fantastic. It's a nice blend of Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness, and he comes with his Clone Wars armor (though I think it's attached to his backpack).

It's a quality figure that can really stand on its own in a collection, even if it isn't technically canon or movie-accurate. More like a fun "what-if" scenario or a time that we never saw between the films.

If you're interested, he's still in stock at Sideshow for $260 with free US shipping.

obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc601563386d.jpg

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love how people think they can easily spread bs rumors without issue but then people start bringing out the receipts.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I love how people think they can easily spread bs rumors without issue but then people start bringing out the receipts.

good thing Benredemption and others stepped in to set the record straight. I hate to bring personal beef into this, but I recognise the original source as someone with a history of spreading unsubstantiated rumours. The time a friend of mine got caught up in it a few months ago things got kind of nasty and personal. I'd block and not give any further engagement to this individual.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Missing context here. What were the rumors?
Oh wow it seems like the guy deleted the tweets after getting called out lol. (Edit: he actually made his account private)

Just stuff like "I know a guy who worked on TROS. Here's what happened."

Some of the things were like Collin wasn't able start to work on his IX until 6 months before TLJ because nobody would tell him anything which goes against what we know when his first draft was complete. Or he wanted to do so much with the Knights of the Ren to the point where he hired the guys that played them in VII when the IMDB page says the IX knights didn't work on VII.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow it seems like the guy deleted the tweets after getting called out lol. (Edit: he actually made his account private)

Just stuff like "I know a guy who worked on TROS. Here's what happened."

Some of the things were like Collin wasn't able start to work on his IX until 6 months before TLJ because nobody would tell him anything which goes against what we know when his first draft was complete. Or he wanted to do so much with the Knights of the Ren to the point where he hired the guys that played them in VII when the IMDB page says the IX knights didn't work on VII.
Wow, glad they god debunked

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Random thought: have you considered the Mythos Obi-Wan figure from Sideshow? I got mine a few months ago and it's fantastic. It's a nice blend of Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness, and he comes with his Clone Wars armor (though I think it's attached to his backpack).

It's a quality figure that can really stand on its own in a collection, even if it isn't technically canon or movie-accurate. More like a fun "what-if" scenario or a time that we never saw between the films.

If you're interested, he's still in stock at Sideshow for $260 with free US shipping.

obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc601563386d.jpg

this looks like obi wan but in TLOU lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else stopped watching the content on the Youtube channel? I'd looked forward to watching the Star Wars Show each Wednesday but now with the new format and Corona, I realized I've stopped watching it. I can't even remember the last one I watched.