• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's a little weird how as seen in Clone Wars Kaminoans installed these secret chips in the clones which will make them obey commands and they want to keep them secret while they flat out told Obi-Wan in AOTC, "We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host. As a result they are totally obedient, taking any order without question."

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So I commissioned a piece of Star Wars art, so to speak, would sharing some photos of it with folks here be within the scope of the thread? I don't want to gum the topic up with stuff that really doesn't belong.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I commissioned a piece of Star Wars art, so to speak, would sharing some photos of it with folks here be within the scope of the thread? I don't want to fun the topic up with stuff that really doesn't belong.
If it's Star Wars, then it belong in here. Show us the arts.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
For a fairly long time, I've wanted some sort of lightsaber. I wasn't big on any specific character's saber and kind of wanted something unique/personal. I debated this for years before ultimately making a decision on what I was going to do. I mulled over Savi's at Disneyland, trying to build something myself, I window shopped several places that offered hilts of various designs. But ultimately, none of it really suited what I wanted. So I went the full on crazy route once I found this artist, and commissioned this one off.

Below are some quick shots I took of the finished product, built by Nick Cohen of Starfall Sabers. If you're interested in seeing some really beautiful pieces that are unique but fit into the Star Wars universe, you should check him out on Instagram or YouTube, both of which feature more of this particular saber, and tons of others.

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
For a fairly long time, I've wanted some sort of lightsaber. I wasn't big on any specific character's saber and kind of wanted something unique/personal. I debated this for years before ultimately making a decision on what I was going to do. I mulled over Savi's at Disneyland, trying to build something myself, I window shopped several places that offered hilts of various designs. But ultimately, none of it really suited what I wanted. So I went the full on crazy route once I found this artist, and commissioned this one off.

Below are some quick shots I took of the finished product, built by Nick Cohen of Starfall Sabers. If you're interested in seeing some really beautiful pieces that are unique but fit into the Star Wars universe, you should check him out on Instagram or YouTube, both of which feature more of this particular saber, and tons of others.

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]

Gold(?) is such an underrated color.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]
That looks incredible.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]
TlqMkan.gif

Gold blade as well. That just tops it off.

I don't know why you thought that wouldn't be fitting for this thread.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

There are impressions and then there's a thing where someone just does magic and makes a different person's voice come out of their mouth, and his Kylo is the latter.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017

There are impressions and then there's a thing where someone just does magic and makes a different person's voice come out of their mouth, and his Kylo is the latter.

I kind of just assumed I would roll my eyes because impressions are a tricky thing to NOT make annoying, but no this kid won me over. His part 2 isn't bad either, but there was some definite wizardry with this one. Get this kid an audiobook gig.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Something I made a long time ago but I thought I'd share it with TLOU II out now. Thought it was fitting considering the comparisons.

ClguE7Q.jpg

Last edited:

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Not surprised by this. Rian has talked kindly about the prequels in the past.

George tried, nobody can say he didn't try. They were technically ambitious if nothing else and tried to tell a very complex story (by the standards of kids films).

It's just that by the 90s George was a businessman and no longer a film director. His skills had atrophied after such a long hiatus and after becoming a billionaire surrounded by sycophants the conditions were not right for him to direct. He knew this as he tried to find others to do it, but he caved in and did it himself which I'm sure he regrets now. You can see with the Clone Wars cartoon how different the prequels could have been if he had delegated more creative responsibility to others.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised by this. Rian has talked kindly about the prequels in the past.

The guy had all 6 Star Wars movies on his iPad during TLJ production so he could consult them at anytime. He visually references them a few times and clearly parallels certain story beats as well. Also had no problem dropping the name Sidious. The guy likes the prequels.

7 hours refers to the approximate running time of the 3 prequels (6 hours and 55 minutes). He knows them well enough to know how long they are.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]
This is fucking amazing.

Oct 28, 2017
The guy had all 6 Star Wars movies on his iPad during TLJ production so he could consult them at anytime. He visually references them a few times and clearly parallels certain story beats as well. Also had no problem dropping the name Sidious. The guy likes the prequels.

7 hours refers to the approximate running time of the 3 prequels (6 hours and 55 minutes). He knows them well enough to know how long they are.
Thanks for sharing this tidbit. I didn't know that

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]
This is fucking amazing.

I can't believe I somehow missed this post. That is a classy saber, no doubt about it.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

PoffUEAl.jpg

grRqrURl.jpg

5fO0KOdl.jpg

M4UsCySl.jpg

zKY9Wxbl.jpg

cNmDCAVl.jpg

URL]

I don't like a lot of the custom made lightsabers I've seen, but this one is a beaut. And it looks like it has a story to it which I love. I can't look at it and not start dreaming about a Jedi from the High Republic era with royal blood who had maintained close ties with his or her homeworld. They had the finest artist on their home planet handcraft a lightsaber from native metals. When the Jedi died, the lightsaber was passed down as a prized heirloom.

Also, crystal chambers are just the coolest.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like a lot of the custom made lightsabers I've seen, but this one is a beaut. And it looks like it has a story to it which I love. I can't look at it and not start dreaming about a Jedi from the High Republic era with royal blood who had maintained close ties with his or her homeworld. They had the finest artist on their home planet handcraft a lightsaber from native metals. When the Jedi died, the lightsaber was passed down as a prized heirloom.

Also, crystal chambers are just the coolest.

It's funny you should say that. Very early on in the commission process, I said I kind of envisioned it as an heirloom. Something that looked like it had been around for a long time, but was well loved and cared for. Something High Republic (or at the time, Old Republic) was definitely part of my broad strokes of what I was looking for.

I'm really glad folks like it. With quarantine and proper covid precautions I haven't really shown it to anyone in person. So it's been fun to share my excitement with people on message boards and stuff.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Other Mando books coming out:
  • The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang
  • The Mandalorian: Original Novel (adult novel, Del Rey) by Adam Christopher
  • The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide (DK) by Pablo Hidalgo
  • The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies – Level Two Reader (DLP) by Brooke Vitale
  • The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later) by Brooke Vitale
  • The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization by Joe Schreiber
In addition, The Mandalorian-inspired comics are coming from Marvel and IDW Publishing, and magazine, novelty, and coloring and activity titles are on the way from Titan, Studio Fun, Crayola, Thunder Bay Press, Disney Publishing Worldwide, and Dreamtivity. Younger bounty hunters can look forward to a Little Golden Book and a Screen Comix retelling of Season One.

www.starwars.com

The Mandalorian Publishing Program Revealed - Exclusive

This is the way…to discovering a new series of books inspired by the hit Disney+ series.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People really be believing that rumor involving the world between worlds huh?

Somebody ping me if someone makes a thread about it on here so I can just laugh at them.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Excited about more Mandalorian content.

How are all of the movie novelizations? I was going to do a rewatch and was curious if I should just read the novelizations instead

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

www.starwars.com

This is the way…to discovering a new series of books inspired by the hit Disney+ series.

Art of Mando is a must buy. The art that played over the credits every episode was like the greatest advertisement ever for that book lol

Also, give us that 4K Blu Ray god damn.

I will always cherish Mando as one of my final, happy memories before the world completely went to hell in 2020

december 2019

gooooood times

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
People really be believing that rumor involving the world between worlds huh?

Somebody ping me if someone makes a thread about it on here so I can just laugh at them.

This is an amazing rabbithole to go down (in an Incognito Window, of course). The only source is a Youtube video from a channel run by a dude in a plastic mask who calls himself Dicktor Van Doomcock and does all his narration through a voice modulator. The video description is:
Can Star Wars be saved? I broke the news about a secret plan to save Star Wars by erasing the Sequel Trilogy, and now I bring you details on how exactly they're planning to reset the Star Wars universe, and why Kathleen Kennedy HATES this plan!

Some of his other videos are about how apparently there's going to be a gender-swapped Columbo reboot and all the ways that the female Doctor Who is destroying society and culture. What I'm saying is it sounds legit and I'm going to miss The Last Jedi once Disney deletes it from our collective unconscious. RIP.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
This is an amazing rabbithole to go down (in an Incognito Window, of course). The only source is a Youtube video from a channel run by a dude in a plastic mask who calls himself Dicktor Van Doomcock and does all his narration through a voice modulator. The video description is:

Some of his other videos are about how apparently there's going to be a gender-swapped Columbo reboot and all the ways that the female Doctor Who is destroying society and culture. What I'm saying is it sounds legit and I'm going to miss The Last Jedi once Disney deletes it from our collective unconscious. RIP.

I'm convinced, no way 'Dicktor Van Doomcock' is overcompensating for anything. I can't believe women getting work in the entertainment industry is the source of our societal ills all this time, how did we get away with it for so long? Leave it to good old Dicktor to get to the bottom of this. Columbo HATES him!

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've kept seeing this "erase the new trilogy" nonsense more and more on twitter and youtube.

What the hell where did this even come from and why am I being swamped by it?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

www.starwars.com

Love me those Visual Dictionaries. I still got my OT one from 1998. My sacred jedi texts.