• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine Jr. is a failed clone of Sheev who wasn't Force sensitive, but his undercarriage worked perfectly well and he was able to conceive a Super Force God child with Jodie Comer.

Rey is half a clone.

This is Star Wars canon.

Goddammit what a mess. Burn it all down.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
LP7DFYk.gif

I honestly don't think the movie proper intended for any of that Palpy son's shit.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine Jr. is a failed clone of Sheev who wasn't Force sensitive, but his undercarriage worked perfectly well and he was able to conceive a Super Force God child with Jodie Comer.

Rey is half a clone.

This is Star Wars canon.

Goddammit what a mess. Burn it all down.

Wait... if Rey's dad was a clone of Palps... that means Rey is the actual daughter of Sheev.
giphy.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered that that one dude leaked everything, including stuff that would later get cut or changed. He never once talked about this so there's no way this was a movie thing.

4sJiMoE.jpg

There is. no. story group.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
As part of his contingency, Palpatine prepared a clone before being yeeted down the shaft as he sensed the flicker of light within Vader. Before his body hit the ground he had learned to project his essence into one of the Clones. This was an imperfect clone. Palpatines son (Rey's father) is also a clone. The son is one of the clone projects of Palpatine, because they kept trying to make a body for Palps to contain his power. The son is a perfect bodied clone. Palpatine hated the son for being a failure as he had no Force abilities. Palpatine wanted Rey because she was... naturally conceived?

We had this inspiring ass message just three years ago and somehow they let Chris Terrio fuck it up.
739ee99ffbfd02a80b4151aaa9d390aac275c1f2.jpg

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I wish JJ had just went the route of "Sheev was involved in Rey's conception via influencing midichlorians."

That would be a nice tie in to ROTS with Anakin and Sheev, and also keep things simple, without Palpatine having a son we never heard of, or Rey being his granddaughter.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Personally, I wish JJ had just went the route of "Sheev was involved in Rey's conception via influencing midichlorians."

That would be a nice tie in to ROTS with Anakin and Sheev, and also keep things simple, without Palpatine having a son we never heard of, or Rey being his granddaughter.

I wish he'd have nearly come back to life with the failed clones and existed as a Force Wraith that tried to take Ben or Rey's body more than what we got.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Think back to 2016 when everyone had their own pet idea of what Rey's lineage was going to be. Luke and Mara Jade's daughter, Han and Leia's daughter, Obi Wan's granddaughter...

Did literally anyone pick "half-clone daughter of one of Sheev's failed clone experiments"?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Think back to 2016 when everyone had their own pet idea of what Rey's lineage was going to be. Luke and Mara Jade's daughter, Han and Leia's daughter, Obi Wan's granddaughter...

Did literally anyone pick "half-clone daughter of one of Sheev's failed clone experiments"?
Actually, kinda. lol

Rey being a clone was a popular theory.

There was a spike for the search term "rey clone" on December 2015, 2017 and 2019.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
THey somehow came up with a stupider twist than Boba Fett being the clone of Jango Fett.

The full story of Rey's origins, for those keeping score. All these statements are explicitly stated as true and canon and do not contradict:
- Parents were nobody
- Filthy junk traders
- Sold her for drinking money
- Dead in a pauper's grave on Jakku
- Actually her parents chose to be nobody
- Father was actually the son of Palpatine
- Sold her to protect her
- Stabbed to death by Ochi
- Father was actually actually a clone of Palpatine and was not Force Sensitive
- Rey is half-clone
- Luke and Leia knew the whole time

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
The full story of Rey's origins, for those keeping score. All these statements are explicitly stated as true and canon and do not contradict:
- Parents were nobody
- Filthy junk traders
- Sold her for drinking money
- Dead in a pauper's grave on Jakku
- Actually her parents chose to be nobody
- Father was actually the son of Palpatine
- Sold her to protect her
- Stabbed to death by Ochi
- Rey is half-clone
- Luke and Leia knew the whole time

JJ and Terrio go down the shaft

edit: Like just block out the whole plot and listen to the OST a few times

Oct 25, 2017
- Rey is half-clone
Wait huh
But his son was just this dude
2IMmj7vm.png

He's plainly shown in the movie and obviously not intended to be a young Ian Mcdiarmid
Thats not even close to a young Sheev
How does this shit never end
Why does it keep getting worse
This cant be real
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

So the movie lied Rey is actually palpatine's genetic daughter?
This gif is like a live cam from my computer desk right now:
LP7DFYk.gif

I honestly don't think the movie proper intended for any of that Palpy son's shit.

I dont think I've ever felt more empathy for this moment in the simpsons:
IA3WS3Z.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars movie: Aight, lets keep using this deaged tech for everything. Lets fucking bring an actor back from the death, fuck it. Young Leia? IN TWO DIFFERENT MOVIES? HELL YEAH

Star Wars book: Uh, I guess this guy is a clone of Palpatine without the Force? I mean, you can't see him since it's a book so it works.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, this is never going to be relevant in any way other than maybe laying some lore groundwork for cloning in a future book

Plus there's a 50/50 chance some future film or show overrides the whole shebang anyway

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this is another attempt at damage control, this time in response to the whole "Palpatine fucks" and "Rey Palpatine" complaints. So turns out, no, a goblin man like Sheev never got intimate and Rey is technically not related to him after all.

Goddamn, just stick to what's already written. The more you try to go back and fix it, the more ridiculous and convoluted it becomes. This is Kingdom Hearts chain of retcon nonsense.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, this is never going to be relevant in any way other than maybe laying some lore groundwork for cloning in a future book

Plus there's a 50/50 chance some future film or show overrides the whole shebang anyway

The pessimist in me says we're just never going to see Rey and friends ever again and the whole Sequel Trilogy era will be scorched earth for Disney. TROS feels so much like a Mass Effect 3 style ending that's so damaging to the universe that there's just nowhere to go without a soft-reboot to a different time period or whatever. Where can you even go once you've established that Force Healing can cure death, Sheev can come back whenever, Sith are body-snatchers, every Star Destroyer can blow up planets, and now we've got clones in the picture; it's like storytelling hyperinflation.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TFA and TLJ had amazing lightsaber action. TROS ---- nope. the action in the sith temple with ben vs the knights should have been an amazing fight but it was poorly lit, poorly shot, covered in strobe lights and over in less than a minute. The death star 2 fight was somehow really boring. The force connection was at least interesting conceptually and visually interesting with the white room....

I disagree, I think that duel was very well done and I liked how Kylo gradually breaks Rey down to the point of exhaustion. It's a very unique duel.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree, I think that duel was very well done and I liked how Kylo gradually breaks Rey down to the point of exhaustion. It's a very unique duel.

I liked the scenery and certain moments of the duel, but something was definitely lacking. I think one of my problems was certain shots seemed too close.

The duel in TFA is by far and away the best lightsaber fight of the ST, frankly the ones in TLJ and TROS were a tad disappointing.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
that clone thing is such a huge clusterfuck, my brain is exploding just trying to work it out

real palpy force projects himself into a clone on Death Star 2
palpy clone manages to escape before the explosion
palpy clone produces a son clone
clone son rebels at palpy clone and flees
clone son presumably meets someone at some point, gives birth to Rey ~15 years after ROTJ, and they are on the run to escape palpy clone

Is this correct? Which means that Rey is the offspring of the clone son of a clone Palpy?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The fights in TROS seem like they were a victim of the movie's shooting schedule. The actors didn't have the time to train and drill the choreography, so you end up with nothing really visually interesting, no complex choreography, lots of cuts because having the actors memorise more than a few moves at a time would have been too difficult; that kind of thing. There are a lot of awkward shots where the action isn't well-framed or one character is obscured by the other. I think the duel on the Death Star has some pretty cool moments and is at least sold pretty well as an exhausting slug fest, but the stuff on Exegol is just a 40 second blur of quick cuts.

The TLJ Throne Room fight is the best in all of Star Wars, baby. Absolute 10/10. Perfectly framed shots that last exactly as long as they need to to showcase the choreography. The difference between Rey and Kylo's fighting styles is plain as day. So many hype moments and memorable kills. Every second of it is perfectly sync'd up to the soundtrack. The ecstasy of seeing Rey and Ben working together as a finely-tuned machine, and the agony when he makes the wrong choice at the end. I love it. 10/10

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So Sheev transferred his soul into the clone literally as he was falling in ROTJ.

Goddamn Anakin didn't balance the force even temporarily, Sheev was never gone.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
That bit about Kylo and Chewie :( I wish it made its way into the movie. I always loved this comic:

u7HcWOx.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Things that are now canon about the pivotal moment of ROTJ:

- Vader yells "NOOOOO!"
- Sheev transfers his consciousness into a clone body on the way down

Tight tight tight. We love to see it.