• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I look forward to when they officially update with Rey's yellow saber. That has to be coming at some point.

Edit: people in that Underworld test footage thread saying it looks better than anything in the Sequel Trilogy - yikes.

Probably the same people who claim AOTC is better than TLJ.

SW brings out the hottest takes.

I'm still reeling over the notion that Lucas would have made a better ST. Even if you hate TROS, TFA and TLJ are vastly superior to anything Lucas could have ever done with the franchise.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Seeing that Underworld test footage was pretty wild, and makes me appreciate the quality of The Mandalorian much more. People saying the test footage was better than anything we got in the sequel trilogy are either insane, trolling or both.

On an unrelated note, here's some photos of my second trip to Kashyyyk. Entering the Shadowlands and finding Tarfful.

ZYCYlaj.jpg
7TOpY97.jpg
2dAuaua.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
He dug Phasma out of the trash just to toss her in a fire pit so I don't see why the knights of ren would be any different
He dug Phasma out of the trash and give her and Finn a one-on-one fight. Which is both relevant to their characters, and also the only character dynamic that scene is about. His point is that using the Knights of Ren in lieu of the Praetorian Guards would mean adding another wrinkle to that scene (because Kylo ostensibly has a connection to the knights that he doesn't have with Snoke's guards) that would've distracted from what was the actual focus of Rey and Kylo teaming up.

Of course then JJ did nothing with the knights and disposed them of in the exact way Rian didn't want to lol. So in hindsight it would've just been cleaner to use the Knights there as Snoke's guard.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing Rian didn't have the same plan in mind for the Knights as what happened in TROS, but it still makes more sense the way it happens, rather than using them as Snoke's guards. Fighting the Knights is symbolic of him breaking free of his turn to the dark side since he turned to the knights when he left the Jedi.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I do think we should have gotten at least a hint of conflict between Kylo and the knights earlier in the movie.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The most ridiculous thing about the Knights was how they just stick together searching for the trio. Seemed really ineffective.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn. TROS is so shallow that it actually gets worse on rewatches, unlike TFA and TLJ. I haven't thought about SW much since rewatching it in theaters. It really destroyed the interesting bits that EP8 took big risks for.

I'm hoping LF gets their shit together and comes out of the gate with something completely fresh after they take their break.

Bring back Rian Johnson you cowards

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Yep, that's what it's translated to in other countries.

Funny enough, some people on Reddit think it's a reference to another Adam Driver movie that came out last year, The Dead Don't Die:

There's a Star Wars reference in that movie where his character has a Star Destroyer key chain:

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
There is a video of an interview with someone who played a knight of ren, who is apparently saying that the "rumor" of the alternate ending was that Rey was supposed to stay dead and Ben was going to take up the name Skywalker.

Feel like that would of been a worse ending.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
There is a video of an interview with someone who played a knight of ren, who is apparently saying that the "rumor" of the alternate ending was that Rey was supposed to stay dead and Ben was going to take up the name Skywalker.

Feel like that would of been a worse ending.

Pretty weird how he says he saw it a week before it came out and it "wasn't the same" but it "wasn't longer or shorter", when the movie was finished on November 24 and there was a cast screening on December 3, which I'm not sure he would have even been invited to.

I don't believe that Rey staying dead and Ben surviving was in the cards, and it certainly wasn't changed in reshoots.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the leaks suggest kinda the opposite? And that when Palpatine Force lightnings Ben into the pit, that was the end of him.

edit: This was it, pre-reshoots:
Having returned to full strength, Palpatine then shoots lightning into Ben, forcing him to fall into a bottomless abyss, never to be seen again. Sideous then shoots lightning into the sky at Resistance ships. He reportedly continues to make statements about how Rey will join him. In defiance of this, Rey grabs both Anakin's and Leia's lightsabers and Palpatine turns his wrath on her. It's lightsaber vs. lightning at this point and when it seems like all hope is lost for Rey, the spectors of Luke and Leia come to her aid. They jointly work toward overpowering the Emperor, deflecting his lightning back toward himself, killing him and unleashing an explosion powerful enough to make the arena start to crumble around them. Darth Sideous, the last of the Sith Lords, is finally dead. At this same time Finn and Jannah complete their mission and succeed in destroying Pryde's flagship. The two are prepared to go down with the ship, but are rescued at the last second by the Falcon. Rey escapes the crumbling arena.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. TROS is so shallow that it actually gets worse on rewatches, unlike TFA and TLJ. I haven't thought about SW much since rewatching it in theaters. It really destroyed the interesting bits that EP8 took big risks for.

I'm hoping LF gets their shit together and comes out of the gate with something completely fresh after they take their break.

Bring back Rian Johnson you cowards
Damn, this is what I feared. I love how TLJ got better on rewatches for me as well. Man, if I rewatch TROS(which I will)then oh boy...

Also, LF definitely needs to do that.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
TROS was bad and Resistance really has been terrible. Thankfully Mando was glorious and Clone Wars comes out next month to bring my spirits back up.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a list of some of the things that JediPaxis, the main TROS leaker, believed were reshot, from a summary he posted in October. Take it with some salt of course because there's the possibility some of these scenes were just things he didn't know about. These changes do make a lot of sense to me though.
  • Rey's opening scene focused on communicating with the Jedi through the Force - pretty sure people noticed her hairstyle is different here
  • A greater sense of anger in Rey's training with a tree falling on BB-8. Apparently she tried communicated with Luke, wonder if this was cut.
  • Old version of Kylo meeting the Emperor on Exogol: Kylo can't believe he's alive, Palpatine refutes the idea of being a clone. He tells him about the Force Dyad and he wants Kylo and Rey to rule together.
  • Apparently in the reshoot Palpatine mocked Kylo's "let the past die" mindset and said the past is key to the future.
  • Poe and Rey fighting over lights-speed skipping/BB-8 being damaged.
  • The "Somehow Palpatine returned" scene.
  • The First Order conference room scene.
  • Leia giving Rey Luke's lightsaber back.
  • Luke's appearance to Leia (just a voiceover?) during her death scene was cut out.
  • Luke's scene with Rey was completely reshot, with the overall tone and message remaining the same. This was confirmed by the TROS editor. It was added that Luke and Leia both knew Rey's heritage.
  • It's possible that the Emperor wanting Rey to strike him down was tweaked with reshoots, but Paxis also believed that the dyad concept had been cut entirely.
  • Paxis believed that Ben originally dispatched of the Knights using only the Force, not Anakin's lightsaber.
  • He also believed that Luke and Leia as ghosts helped Rey defeat Palpatine, rather than the spirits of all the Jedi. If this really was a reshoot it would also make sense that Rey reaching out to the Jedi spirits in the beginning was a reshoot.
  • He was originally told that there would be more of the main characters on Tatooine with Finn and Rey holding hands.

If the spirits of the past Jedi aspect was added in reshoots, then the "I am all the Sith" and "I am the Jedi" part definitely was too. I'm not one to say the movie was generally trying to copy Endgame, but that moment definitely was.

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017

An actor who played Nien Nunb saw an alternate ending of The Rise of Skywalker where Maz Kanata dies and Babu Frik takes up the Chewbacca name.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Looks like FO has sold over 8 million copies, exceeding EA's expectations! Glad to see it's been so well received, hopefully more single player titles will be coming now.

Daniel Ahmad said:
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is expected to sell 10 million units by March 31st 2020 according to EA. Beating original expectations of 6-8 million units. Strong performance for the game solidifies demand for high quality story games.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Trudgen is the best Knight of Ren. I don't know which one that is but I love that name.