• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
how would this even work, didnt he die in the first movie?
What is a Force Ghost?

The character has made multiple appearances post-The Phantom Menace.

For the record, I know and realize Neeson is an incredible actor, but I'm always surprised at how he's basically stuck into doing random action movies every six months or something, I can't tell them apart at this point.

He wants and accepts those movies purposefully, he's stated that emotional dramas/romances remind him too much of his deceased wife.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he was every directly asked about appearing in The Dark Knight Rises, but Neeson was also very coy about that as well. I remember interviews he did around the time of its production where he was asked about Batman Begins and made no mention whatsoever about the new film.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Liam Neeson is one of the greatest actors in the last fifty years and I doubt he's interested in reprising a role about some silly space knight in a upcoming TV sci-fi series made by Disney.

He's made for more prestigious proyects, like...shooting dudes in straight-to-DVD/VOD movies.

For the record, I know and realize Neeson is an incredible actor, but I'm always surprised at how he's basically stuck into doing random action movies every six months or something, I can't tell them apart at this point.

Yeah, it's so weird to me that he's become this straight-to-DVD action star. He is a great actor and he had some great dramatic roles back in the day, and I still don't really get how he got typecasted so late in his career when he had so many great roles before.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's so weird to me that he's become this straight-to-DVD action star. He is a great actor and he had some great dramatic roles back in the day, and I still don't really get how he got typecasted so late in his career when he had so many great roles before.
See:

He wants and accepts those movies purposefully, he's stated that emotional dramas/romances remind him too much of his deceased wife.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
www.resetera.com

Liam Neeson's real-life rape/revenge tale (See Staff Post)

This was a shocking interview.... I can't believe Neeson just dropped this story in the middle of your average press junket. Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/liam-neeson-interview-rape-race-black-man-revenge-taken-cold-pursuit-a8760896.html I get that...
snap.
What is a Force Ghost?

because of course, Star Wars™

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "Taken" gave his career a rather large boost. He wasn't really thought of as an action star prior to that, and he had a string of decent follow ups. Beyond that, well I guess it's just hard to get roles as an older actor and you have to stick with what works, or at least take what you can get.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I partly believed him until he said they couldn't afford him - it's bloody Disney for god's sake. Now I'm more likely to believe he makes a force ghost cameo.

There's a difference between having the money to pay his salary, and having it make sense to pay it. If it makes you lose money on the series, it's a bad idea, even if you can afford it.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Didn't know he said this, but it makes sense.

Couldn't stop thinking about this when I watched The Grey recently, it was a great movie and if he finds solace on shooting dudes left and right in action movies, more power to him.

For a second I thought he was in a "I owe too much money and I'll do insane shit even if you're not filming me" phase like Nicolas Cage.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would make sense for him to be in the series even if only as a voice over. I mean that was part of the whole thing. Yoda was going to teach Obi-Wan to communicate with Qui Gon while he was on Tatooine keeping watch on Luke.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
What is a Force Ghost?

That's what I remember being the reason, Neeson has likely needed to see a therapist for decades but won't and never processed her death and all shit he probably experienced when he was young in a healthy manner.

Last edited:

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Obi-Wan Kenobi D+ series episode 5: "Tooken 3 starring the incomparable Qui Gon Jinns"

Oct 25, 2017
Headline: Actor gives the same response that he would give whether he was part of the project or if he wasn't.

It would be the same answer either way, this tells us nothing.
Although joking that they couldn't afford him...you already know Disney can. That's not true. Just a joke, or bad cover story from a man holding a secret? You decide!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
8CXS.gif

I don't believe you

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The 'can't afford me' thing seems unlikely, since somehow they could afford him for voice over earlier (and he's seemed to be one of the few movie actors happy to do it).

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Liam Neeson is one of the greatest actors in the last fifty years and I doubt he's interested in reprising a role about some silly space knight in a upcoming TV sci-fi series made by Disney.

He's made for more prestigious proyects, like...shooting dudes in straight-to-DVD/VOD movies.

I imagine Liam has reached the age were he really doesn't want to fucking try anymore and is fine with taking the paycheck just doing the bare minimum by playing the Taken guy for the 300th time.

See also: Al Pacino.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Of course he won't be in it, his character is dead!

I imagine Liam has reached the age were he really doesn't want to fucking try anymore and is fine with taking the paycheck just doing the bare minimum by playing the Taken guy for the 300th time.

See also: Al Pacino.
Also also: Bruce Willis

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's doubly weird considering how many film actors they seem to be getting back for cameos in Andor

So I'm betting on the "he's BSing" side of the coin

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "Taken" gave his career a rather large boost. He wasn't really thought of as an action star prior to that, and he had a string of decent follow ups. Beyond that, well I guess it's just hard to get roles as an older actor and you have to stick with what works, or at least take what you can get.

He said he started doing these mindless action movies after his wife died to distract himself and to stay from other films that might remind him of her.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I expect he's in it at least from a certain point of view, they have to follow up Obi-Wan learning the force ghost technique from him like Yoda said in episode 3.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017

he's not really stuck, he's going where the money is. as much as he was respected before Taken, I suspect he made a lot more money since then.

also, his action thriller movies still seem to have an actual budget unlike the Bruce Willis and Nic Cage straight-to-video drivel.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Like that time Ewan didn't say he was already approached for the Obi-wan show when he was being asked around TFA?

I think if there's a reason for him to appear, he'll be there.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he accidentally did the money sign upside down and what he really meant was "There's too much salt in the Star Wars fandom"

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Liam Neeson is the most workingest of working actors, lol. If they ask, he'll be there. And considering Darth Maul in Solo and Hayden Christensen in Obi-Wan, they most likely will (or have already).

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's bullshitting. Dude has been in Clone Wars many times, not to mention his career is about as strong as Nic Cage's right now. He's in no position to turn down Disney $

Damn so it's not because of a Darkman 2 conflict???!

You mean Darkman 4, surely?

Last edited: