• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
jedi-temple-challenge-logo.jpg

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, an exciting new Disney+ game show set in a galaxy far, far away, will test young contestants' abilities in the core Jedi principles of strength, knowledge, and bravery as they face thrilling and fun obstacles in an attempt to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight! From lightsabers to hyperspace, the Force, and the dark side, Jedi Temple Challenge transports viewers and contestants into the Star Wars galaxy like never before.

The show is hosted by Ahmed Best, who will play a Jedi Master and mentor to the contestants. Known to many fans as Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequels, Best's unique set of skills as an actor, dancer, martial arts expert, STOMPmusician, and Star Wars fan make him the perfect choice as the show's host and mentor. Best is joined by a hilarious humanoid droid companion, voiced by Mary Holland (Veep, Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre).

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge is developed by Lucasfilm's Scott Bromley and Steve Blank with Mickey Capoferri and Christine Beebe serving as executive producers. The series is produced by Lucasfilm and Endeavor Content's non-scripted group with executive producers Dean Houser, David Chamberlin, and Mike Antinoro.

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge will stream exclusively on Disney+ in 2020.

www.starwars.com

Updated: Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge to Debut June 10 on Star Wars Kids

The first-ever Star Wars game show premieres next week.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jar Jar getting work. Also if they make this like old Nick shows that would be aces.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Ok Young padawans, Anakin looks angry, is coming towards you, and has an ignited lightsaber. What do you do?"

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Good for Best, and good for Mary Holland. This basically just sounds like Legends of the Hidden Temple, so I'll probably end up watching all of this in an afternoon.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They need to get Anthony Carboni in an episode since he was a contestant on Legends of the Hidden Temple

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
God I hope they bring back or implement that three piece statue somehow. I want to rage at the screen while children struggle to put that thing together.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Plz replace temple guards with full costume Gammorean guards that pop out of nowhere and scare the crap out of the kids, as tradition demands

God I hope they bring back or implement that three piece statue somehow. I want to rage at the screen while children struggle to put that thing together.

It was harder to do than it looks.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, really happy for Ahmed. I'll check it out. Sounds like fun.

Edit: Wait Mary Holland, too?? NICE.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Found the Kirk Fogg thing where he talks about the Silver Monkey

One of the first things asked during an audience Q&A was about the Shrine of the Silver Monkey — a section of the temple-themed obstacle course that seemed to trip up contestants again and again.

"I wanted to know why the heck nobody could put together the silver monkey in the temple?" a woman asked Fogg and Bradley.

"There's an answer for that," Fogg said quickly. "Yeah. Well, the answer to that question is IT WAS REALLY HARD!"

The fan wasn't buying it. "But it was three pieces!" she yelled back.

"I know but you gotta remember that the Temple was ginormous," Fogg replied. "It was all the way down at the other side so by the time you get down there, first of all you're really out of gas. Then it's all silver, okay? And then the base seems like the pretty easy one to do but sometimes you can get it turned around the wrong way. But then it was the second piece — that was the tough one."

We should take Fogg's word for it. Earlier in the panel he told the audience that he would run the temple obstacle course before each season began, so he knew what the kids were up against. Apparently the silver monkey just appears deceptively simple.

"It could be upside down and you couldn't tell that it was upside down," Bradley chimed in. "And then you just think you're crazy and you use the other piece when it's really that one."

Get Hayden to come threaten to murder them

That's what happens when your time runs out.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Down for any game show with Temple in the title.

Oct 27, 2017
I see the Jedi still haven't learned a thing. Still so focused on physical skill. I shall be a believer again when they have philosophy essay challenges.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If this is actually like Legends of the Hidden Temple I may actually check this out for nostalgia lol

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is some indication that Disney is just going to give up on the "Everything is canon" angle they've taken, and are just acknowledging that there can be fun side-projects that don't necessarily have to connect to the main mythology.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I hope it turns out as awesome as it sounds. I don't think Star Wars is hitting as hard with kids as it should be, and stuff like this can help.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I need a comic where Ahmad Best's Jedi Master character arrives just in time to save his youngling padawans and together they all fend off Anakin.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
If it's executed as well as stuff like Legends of the Hidden Temple/Nick GUTS then maybe it could be a cool thing for kids?

Main thing here is how obviously they went out to support Ahmed Best. Glad he's getting work, at the same time though...looking at that mans filmography, jeez, he desperately needs work outside of Star Wars. But fuckit, a jobs a job, and also maybe he can be associated moreso with this new Jedi show host role.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing The Comedy Button's Scott Bromley have his name attached to something like this as producer just blows my mind. That dude has come a long way since the Gamespy Debriefings days. Boy done good.