• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to start this up on PC again after this news, started playing on Jedi Knight difficulty setting (or at least, I think that's the one, the second hardest). And good god, I forgot how absolutely brutal those first two missions (pre-lightsaber) were. Maybe it's just me getting worse at shooters, or as a kid I played this on easy or medium or something, because I did not remember the sheer onslaught of enemies and how fast your life drains.

This is an accurate representation for how I was playing those first two missions:

HideousFalseBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

At points i was just running around in the levels with 004 health and no armor, frantically searching every corner for a bacta canister lol

But then you get the lightsaber and fuck yeah, feels so good.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Decided to start this up on PC again after this news, started playing on Jedi Knight difficulty setting (or at least, I think that's the one, the second hardest). And good god, I forgot how absolutely brutal those first two missions (pre-lightsaber) were. Maybe it's just me getting worse at shooters, or as a kid I played this on easy or medium or something, because I did not remember the sheer onslaught of enemies and how fast your life drains.

This is an accurate representation for how I was playing those first two missions:

At points i was just running around in the levels with 004 health and no armor, frantically searching every corner for a bacta canister lol

And if I remember correctly, the blaster has an awful accuracy.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

Turn on realistic saber combat when Kyle gets his lightsaber, that's where the real challenge begins. it's pretty much the best Jedi simulator to date with that on.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
These are nice, but I'm still hoping for KOTOR makes it to Sony/Nintendo systems for the first time. I would platinum the shit out of that.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
If they could have gone full remaster on both titles I would have said Insta buy and at a semi premium price. But I fear this will be a bare bones port. Don't get me wrong, great games, but the extra effort would have gone a long way for me.

Fun fact - I actually got rsi from playing the Mac version of jedi knight academy on a keyboard

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

I totally know what you mean. Those first few levels before you get your lightsaber are brutal. They are actually some of my favorite for that reason though! I hope Jedi: Fallen Order can capture that sense of difficulty.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Jesus, these are two of my favorite games of all time.

If they port KOTOR 1 and 2 to Switch, I'll die happy.

Early-Mid 2000s were the golden era of Star Wars games.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I have so much memory with both of this games (sometimes just gone to a big area and spawning 40 jedis and 40 sith and watch them fight, console on PC was great). But I wasn't sure about the buy. At 10$, they get me.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is a new trailer on the Nintendo YouTube Channel here:

Will definitely buy this on Switch (maybe PS4 later for trophies too but not sure)

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
To Aspyr: Please port Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 as well!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been confirmed yet if Outcast will have online multiplayer, or is that just for Academy? I remember the wording being ambiguous in the initial announcement.

Deleted member 23475

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems that Xbox is always more expensive/complicated (according to Indies devs on other games) to put games on Xbox. Judging that this is clearly a small project, maybe this is the reason.
This is very sad judging that Outcast is not backward compatible on Xbox One.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
I was just about to ask if this holds up if you've never played it before, when I realized I already own it on Steam. Ha! Guess I'll see if I like it enough to double dip for a portable version.

Deleted member 23475

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trophies list is available here
Cheats confirmed šŸ˜Š

Now I need to decide if I go for switch or PS4.
Switch = portability and gyro
PS4 = trophies and better controller

Last edited:

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
Yeah, no wonder Stormtroopers couldn't hit shit.
This is a pretty funny and consistent running gag throughout the whole Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. The Stormtrooper Rifle has such bad accuracy that it's borderline useless on anything that's farther away than a couple of steps (even when you turn on autoaim).

Especially in the fist Jedi Knight game, whose levels are absolutely gigantic with lots of verticality and huge open spaces.

The Stormtrooper rifle, also known as the E-11 Blaster Rifle, is a rapid-firing weapon that deals fairly strong damage to most enemies. It is however, very inaccurate, firing erratically in different directions, but within a small cone. It is mostly used at close ranges. It feeds on energy cells, but unlike the Bryar pistol, its shots use 2 points of ammunition instead of one. This combined with its poor accuracy, makes for a fairly wasteful weapon. To compensate for this, Stormtrooper rifles are very plentiful. Stormtrooper rifles are the most common weapon found in the game. They are the primary weapon of the Empire's Imperial Stormtroopers, but are used by typically every other kind enemy throughout the game, though enemies of the same species use other weapons commonly also. The Stormtrooper rifle has only one firing mode.
Source: https://jkdf2.fandom.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_Rifle

Oct 27, 2017
These are nice, but I'm still hoping for KOTOR makes it to Sony/Nintendo systems for the first time. I would platinum the shit out of that.

I'm pretty sure Aspyr Media published that on mobile, so hopefully there's a chance!

From the eShop thread:

Awesome price! I hope that means it'll be Ā£8 in the UK. I've been craving a new FPS for a while so may have to pick this up.

To Aspyr: Please port Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 as well!

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight is the only one I haven't played, so I would love a port of that. And the original DF is one of my favourite FPSs of that era because I always thought the level design was much more thought-out and logical than other shooters.

Weird, there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase this on the Switch eShop yet. What's that about?

Yeah, it's not on PSN (UK) yet either.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase this on the Switch eShop yet. What's that about?
Yeah, it's not on PSN (UK) yet either.
Probably because it isn't the 24th anywhere but New Zealand yet.

Kyle Katarn's classic adventure comes to PlayStationĀ® for the first time! Experience the legendary single-player epic with modernized controls and trophies.

- As Kyle Katarn, agent of the New Republic, use your Lightsaber and the full power of the Force to combat a new evil plaguing the galaxy.

- Choose wisely from an arsenal of 13 weapons including disruptor rifle, thermal detonators, trip mines, and Wookiee bowcaster.

- Test your skills in 24 single-player missions, four epic boss fights, and one unforgettable cantina.

1.94 GB

Any word on supported languages?

This would be one of the rare times i would love to play it my native german. The dub was quite good and even used the original Luke Skywalker voice actor.
Audio
  • German
  • English
  • French

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Cheats confirmed šŸ˜Š
Are you telling me I will be able to reproduce one of my favorite thing : freeze NPCs, spawn 50 jedi, 50 siths, unfreeze NPCs and watch ?
This is a pretty funny and consistent running gag throughout the whole Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. The Stormtrooper Rifle has such bad accuracy that it's borderline useless on anything that's farther away than a couple of steps (even when you turn on autoaim).
Good it was intended (and indeed funny, with the lore). From a gameplay standpoint, I was just pissed.