• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
Aw man, that sucks.

edit: Funny, I spent a ton of time playing Jedi Outcast but I don't remember ever playing Jedi Academy. I watched a vid and it looks very similar being a sequel and all so not too sad now.
JA had simpler story, but this game makes me feel like a Jedi much more. Choosing assignments, traveling the galaxy, doing all kinds of crazy shit. And multiplayer in JA was light years superior to Outcast

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
JA had simpler story, but this game makes me feel like a Jedi much more. Choosing assignments, traveling the galaxy, doing all kinds of crazy shit. And multiplayer in JA was light years superior to Outcast

Nice, no idea why I skipped it back then but I'll definitely download it when it comes out next year now.

Or I can just buy it for $10 on Steam right now... lol

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
yeah but academy is in early 2020
y-maiasaCxIwbPj3EK2W29fzRqM=.gif

Also the latter two Dark Forces but not the first 2? Huh.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely in for both if the price is right. Kind of gives me hope that KotOR will be ported. I might actually finish the game on the Switch.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite memory of Jedi Knight 2 will always be accidently beating the final boss in 5 seconds. I was so disappointed and confused haha

Oct 26, 2017
I hope people aren't disappointed, not sure how well this has aged.
Certain parts at least are kind of just time wasters from what I remember.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
DAY FUCKING ZERO

Holy shit this is an instabuy. One of my fave Star Wars games of ALL-TIME. Don't sleep on this one guys!!!

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I love Jedi Outcast.
Would feel weird (or new) to play on a controller though.
Assuming it has the same controls as the Xbox port it should be fine. I actually love and prefer it for this particular game, the speed of the lightsaber swings felt just right for the two analog stick style.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
This is huge! Gonna buy all the classic Star Wars games on consoles day one.

The PC port of Kotor doesn't have controller support and you have to use third party programs to get a 16:9 ratio working. The iOS mobile version has controller support but it's not a perfect solution. I welcome any possibility of classic games to appear on modern platforms.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
We need a reworked KOTOR 2 that has the missing content modded in.

Yeah it's a long shot but gosh dang it I'm tired of people blowing off KOTOR 2 because of it's current state.

Agreed!! KOTOR 2 is so under appreciated. What a gem. I'm actually planning a replay of that game soon because I was thinking about how special it was the other day. That music is something else.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Jedi Academy multiplayer was GOAT, especially Siege mode.

But I want a proper remaster of Dark Forces 2. The PC version has fucked up music and rendering and no solution online worked for me.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is multi ONLY for jedinacademy ?
I'm curious about this as well. I really loved the multiplayer in both games, and as much as I appreciate the additional combat options in Academy, I think I preferred the distilled focus of JO2.

I'm REALLY curious about the gyro controls, though. This game always shined with mouse controls, so I'm hoping they managed to translate those well to the Switch.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
But I want a proper remaster of Dark Forces 2. The PC version has fucked up music and rendering and no solution online worked for me.
Steam and GOG versions have fixes for the music and rendering. I get the feeling the source code for the original Jedi Knight got lost if all LucasArts did was release the originals with fixes on digital distribution, the game would likely have to be remade.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Steam and GOG versions have fixes for the music and rendering. I get the feeling the source code for the original Jedi Knight got lost if all LucasArts did was release the originals with fixes on digital distribution, the game would likely have to be remade.
I played the game last year and the music was still missing after the first level and I couldn't get hardware acceleration to work.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping we can ramp up limb dismemberment in the game, but I seem to recall that only being possible via console command huh? That was awesome and hilarious 😢

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Academy confirmed?

Hell yeah!! The multiplayer is one of the best in the series, very excited to dive back in.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
If you're after dismemberment, I'm pretty sure it was in Academy without the need for a cheat code, but it's been years since I last played it.