• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
For load times, NVME drives don't make much difference at all. So sadly this will be a problem everyone faces until it gets patched =(

It's getting frustrating seeing so many games ship with performance issues these days. I've never been a pre-order guy (refuse to reward scummy tactics like that) but I've always been happy to buy on day one if reviews are good. But these days performance issues are so common, and game prices drop so quickly, that buying day one feels like paying extra to be part of the QA team. And I don't think anything can be done to fix this now that we're all connected to the internet and patches are considered normal. It's just a symptom of Parkinson's Law:

Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

Patches have simply redefined a game's completion date. Delays likely wouldn't change a thing where performance is considered. That extra time would be allotted to other tasks instead.

At least it's not as bad as Anthem lol!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting regarding the load times on PC:

Okay, I was streaming when I got these very long loading times.

Now I tested it again, upon death, respawning took me only 9s. Crisis averted.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good reviews. Was always confident that this would be received well. It also keeps me optimistic after my first 30 minutes playing the game yesterday which were... not positive.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate that it's not a 10/10 goty, and sad to see some Eurogamer quotes about backtracking. Still playing it this weekend of course.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
from videos this game reminds me so much of the new tomb raider games, i wonder if there are also useless things you collect every couple meters like in those games. reviews are good though, definitely will get this next year on a sale. i wish dismemberment was in though.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
from videos this game reminds me so much of the new tomb raider games, i wonder if there are also useless things you collect every couple meters like in those games. reviews are good though, definitely will get this next year on a sale. i wish dismemberment was in though.

There are a few things, scattered here and there, but they're cosmetic or lore related for the most part, at least on the first planet anyway.

Edit:
BD-1 also scans tactical data, that can help defeat enemies.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Man oh man, maybe I should pick this up today. I was first planning on playing Torchlight II after Days Gone, but now I'm doubting myself. I got a bit worried from the review saying it was only 6-10 hours long, but seems that reviewer just beelined through the main story.

Also, watching the Giant Bomb quicklook, it's really disappointing to hear the performance is all over the place (even on performance mode on PS4 Pro).
20 hours seems to be the average

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People can't help themselves by trying to bring Death Stranding into a Star Wars game review thread.

Don't know why that game get people so obsessed

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
I'm playing through it on PC with the Origin Premier subscription but the game length has me worried and a little disappointed to be honest.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love the game myself but it definitely has a host of issues. I should have a video up fairly soon.

Either way, I still think it's the best Star Wars game since Republic Commando.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't normally complain about game length, but ireally wanted this to be like 20-30 hours. I'm still tempted to pick it up though

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
For some reason it completely slipped my mind that Respawn was working on this. Have high expectations from them after the excellent Titanfall 2 campaign, so glad to see the good scores coming in. Don't know when I'll get around to playing this, but looking forward to it.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I absolutely love the game myself but it definitely has a host of issues. I should have a video up fairly soon.

Either way, I still think it's the best Star Wars game since Republic Commando.

Republic Commando is oe of best Star Wars games ever made. I know they are completely different types of games but how does the music compare between the two? RC had excellent music.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
How long is this game? I wanna buy it digital but only if it's 30-40 hours or more and will have dlc expansions? I normally only buy digital games if they offer longevity.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Fantastic reviews! So glad. I pick up a copy next week, i just have to finish Death Stranding first.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Great. Seems a very solid game. An action adventure in the Uncharted mold with inspiration from souls game in the combat. First SW game I have been interested in since...I can't remember the last one.

This is going to be great to play alongside Death Stranding and Shenmue III!

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Republic Commando is oe of best Star Wars games ever made. I know they are completely different types of games but how does the music compare between the two? RC had excellent music.
Oh, the music in Jedi isn't THAT good...RC was superb.

However, it's still excellent and very Star Wars.