• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 1, 2018
Woah EA coming to steam WITHOUT Origin?

this-is-where-the-fun-begins-19229475.png

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how long until Ubisoft comes back to Steam?

Money talks.
The reason Ubisoft pulled their games from Steam is specifically because Epic paid them a lot of money to remove their games from Steam.

I imagine that Ubisoft will be back on Steam if/when Epic stops offering large sums of money to them.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The store page for Fallen Order says that Origin is required. But then again, the EA press release mentions that "players on both Origin and Steam will have the ability to play together" in games like Apex Legends, which sort of implies that they won't require Origin? I don't know, it's sort of confusing. I guess some games will require Origin and others won't.

EDIT: Or they do still need Origin, and EA's wording is just poor.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
EA Access coming to Steam is very interesting indeed.

I doubt Game Pass will come to Steam because in many ways Game Pass and the Xbox app is something of a Trojan horse to get people in to the MS/Xbox ecosystem. Would be nice if it did though IMO.

But it's strange, at a time where other publishers are focusing more on their own launchers (and EGS), that the original defector actually comes back to Steam in full swing.

EDIT: Hang on, "EA Access" is coming to Steam and not Origin Access? So I assume it'll just be EA's own games and not the third party stuff like on XBO/PS4.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So uh... Origin Access Basic is better value than this EA Access due to the number of games and the fact that Origin Access INCLUDES THIRD PARTY GAMES, right?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look who came crawling back!

Just kidding, I hope the next Need for Speed comes to Steam as well. Don't mind if it's a bit like Uplay.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Yup, starts with JFO more games and EA Access to come.

Thanks, but can we talk about regional prices? Because right now there is basically no regional prices for Fallen Order:
unknown.png

For example, here is the prices for Gears 5:
unknown.png

I want to support you and buy your games, but paying 60$ for a game when average salaries in my country is 300$ is insane, I just can't do this. Can you please look at this issue?

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Damn. Kinda want to cancel my discounted CD Keys order for Origin and just pay full price here lol. I won't tho.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Glad to see them making games more accessible.

Let's hope they implement Steam achievements, cloud, trading cards and controller support for Origin! The latter may already be in place, I'm not sure.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So if you buy on Steam will it also appear in your Origin launcher?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
still requiring origin is the lamest shit
They've said that for Apex Legends it will not require Origin.

I wonder if the only reason Jedi: Fallen Order does is because they are operating on a short schedule, the game is out quite soon. They's said that they're aiming to get Steam achievements in, but it will be a post-launch update, so maybe they're remove the origin requirement down the line, but it's too deeply integrated right now to just rip it out on such short notice.