• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Good good.
Guess BFV will come also. Pacific will launch this week and that would be a nice time also.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Guess that confirms EA returning to Steam. Wonder if they'll throw any of their back catalogue on there, or if it's only going to be for new games.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I wonder if we will keep hearing people mention origin and it's exclusives when talking about EGS and it's exclusives and it being due to Valves cut that they take from game sales

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What's the point of buying games a second time? It's cool for those who didn't get some EA games though

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The way the article describes EA working on crossplay between Steam and Origin implies that the Steam versions won't use Origin at all, right?

Seems doubtful and just conjecture. You need Origin just for Fallen Order according to the store page and that's a single player game

HellBlazer

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 26, 2017
25lwdT8.png

šŸ˜©

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope they will finally let me get the Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials DLC on Steam.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Do you still need Origin to launch them tho, like Ubisoft games and Uplay? Cuz then what's the point, I'd rather just get them on Origin and skip the hassle.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh so it'll work like Ubisoft games - launch through Steam but requires Uplay.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Might just need an ea account to link on the back end for online stuff. May not load up origin. I guess we don't know for sure until we see this in action.

Still without origin premium I don't care as much. Good deal for 99 bucks a year.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Do you still need Origin for them tho, like Ubisoft games and Uplay? Cuz then what's the point, I'd rather just get them on Origin and skip the hassle.

Yes. If they have seen Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Rockstar doing the same thing, you don't think EA would too.

It does suck EA won't use Steamworks but at least other stuff is coming to Steam like EA Access. Also crossplay between Steam and Origin users. Ehh I guess it's something.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Shame the RRP prices for EA games are always absurd digitally.

They can jog on if they think I'm paying Ā£55 for that game, lol.

OP
OP
TradedHats

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
So no transferring of games from Origin to Steam like EA allowed when transferring from Steam to Origin. Also, how much, if at all, do we think this will impact Fallen Order's initial PC sales?

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I'm so happy because more people now can play this game. And of course more people will get Battlefront 2 and they'll realize how great that game is.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I'm really happy more and more companies (such as EA and Microsoft) are making their own launchers be appealing through value by addition, rather than by subtraction.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
"Despite the fact that Steam and Origin are PC launchers that run on the same platform, EA is effectively treating the two storefronts as totally separate platforms. For example, if you've purchased EA games in the last eight years on Origin, there won't be any way to transfer those purchases to Steam ā€” even if they're rereleased there. "
Boooooooooo, let me benefit from Steam client stuff that you don't bother to copy to your own client EA.
Yes I wanna show off my Mirror's Edge Screenshots on Steam/EA Activity ya silly ducks.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they sell Battlefront and Battlefront 2 on Steam. Would love a playercount boost.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
LOL, and that's after Epic was trying so hard to keep AAA publishers away from Steam lol. That's great news, though right now Fallen Order doesn't have regional price on Steam as well, so I still won't buy it on launch. But maybe being on Steam and having actual forums for communication will pressure EA to finally fix regional prices for their games.