• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
i started the video, i couldnt tolare both people, does anyone have a list, im not watching this

They basically went over the details of the game using the b roll footage. Its a lot of stuff we already know. The guy seemed really excited for it tho. With his favorite part clearly being the combat

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
(I'm not sure where to post this. So it's going to be a cross-post. So i apologise in advance)

Question.

Will my PC be able to run the game better than the PRO and X1X.

Here are my specs.
i7 4770k (OC@ 4.1mhz)
16gb ram @1866mhz
OG GTX Titan.
7200rpm HDD.

I've had this trusty rig for 6 years.
You are joking?that PC will kill both consoles version on this and all multi games even if they make a fusion lool

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
No no, not joking or stealth bragging. It's just the X1X is meant to be super duper powerful. And my rig is 6 years old now. Sooo, ya know.

But it has a netbook CPU (nowhere near an i7), it doesn't have 16GB RAM and the GPU is way weaker. Should be pretty obvious.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This looks like the perfect winter game. That last video is great. This is number 1 in my wishlist.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
There's one thing that kinda bothers me, by the way. The level design is so obvious. It's all way to convenient and everything almost screams that it's designed so the player can proceed, almost like a racetrack. It breaks immersion a little.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
There's one thing that kinda bothers me, by the way. The level design is so obvious. It's all way to convenient and everything almost screams that it's designed so the player can proceed, almost like a racetrack. It breaks immersion a little.

Not entirely. There's secret areas scattered throughout each lvl that require getting a certain upgrade or ability to access according to what the devs said. You can go through the main path if you like but you'll be rewarded for exploration

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Respawn is one of my most trusted studios. After Titanfall 2, they will always have my attention. It's the FPS studio that I dreamed Sony to buy to give them freedom and finance their kickass games.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Good thing we know that it's not a racetrack.

Not entirely. There's secret areas scattered throughout each lvl that require getting a certain upgrade or ability to access according to what the devs said. You can go through the main path if you like but you'll be rewarded for exploration

I don't think both of you really understand what I mean. A lot of stuff in the game world is a little to obvious. Vines, trampoline plants, walls you can run on, platforms, wind direction while platforming, ice slides: it's all so conveniently and perfectly placed for the player to get past. I wouldn't mind if it was a little more subtle. It doesn't really help me getting the feeling I'm on an actual ancient planet. Instead of that, I'm in a game level where it's super obvious where I can and cannot go.

I'm still getting this day one since I like the stuff I'm seeing, but that's just a minor complaint from my side.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'm ok with being able to read the level a bit. When I read that they were taking some cues from the Metroid Prime games and stuff I had a good feeling.. I'm hoping it's even more like those than the previews let on.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I don't think both of you really understand what I mean. A lot of stuff in the game world is a little to obvious. Vines, trampoline plants, walls you can run on, platforms, wind direction while platforming, ice slides: it's all so conveniently and perfectly placed for the player to get past. I wouldn't mind if it was a little more subtle. It doesn't really help me getting the feeling I'm on an actual ancient planet. Instead of that, I'm in a game level where it's super obvious where I can and cannot go.

I'm still getting this day one since I like the stuff I'm seeing, but that's just a minor complaint from my side.

I see what you mean now. I think thats just them making sure the game is accessible for younger players. Also its to make sure the traversal feels good. I think the puzzles and combat might be the more challenging aspects of the game compared to the platforming. But we'll see how it shapes up to be on other planets like Dathomir

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

You have to take in account that this game is aimed to a bigger audience and a lot of younger people will buy this game, that's why there are a lot of points of interaction easily visible and you know that you have to go there and there to open the door or move something.

Respawn can't afford to make a game only for trained and experienced gamers when they are working on Star Wars.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You have to take in account that this game is aimed to a bigger audience and a lot of younger people will buy this game, that's why there are a lot of points of interaction easily visible and you know that you have to go there and there to open the door or move something.

Respawn can't afford to make a game only for trained and experienced gamers when they are working on Star Wars.

and there is probably be an option to not highlight what you can grab or move with the force

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
this is my major corncern right, i dont want to love the fucking game just to beat it in one weekend :(

Don't worry. The game is very "metroidvanian". It's not linear corridors, but big interconnected areas you may be visiting more than once. If I have to guess, I'd say you'll be spending at least 40-50 hours of you also explore everything.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry. The game is very "metroidvanian". It's not linear corridors, but big interconnected areas you may be visiting more than once. If I have to guess, I'd say you'll be spending at least 40-50 hours of you also explore everything.

yeah i really hope so, i will crank the difficulty to the hardest to expand it even more lol

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So... Looking at the Origin store, it says the game is coming out on the 15th... Is that the "normal" release date or the Origin Premiers early access date? I assume it's the normal one but I can't find what the early access date is?

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So... Looking at the Origin store, it says the game is coming out on the 15th... Is that the "normal" release date or the Origin Premiers early access date? I assume it's the normal one but I can't find what the early access date is?
It's the regular release date. I was wondering as well if it's possible to play earlier with one of these EA subs. And if it's possible, is it restricted to a specific platform?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
yeah i really hope so, i will crank the difficulty to the hardest to expand it even more lol

I need to have some impressions first before I know which difficulty. If the harder difficulties are Souls like difficulties, I'm not gonna do that. I want this game to be fun and relaxing while soaking in the Star Wars atmosphere. I don't want some enemies to take 40 tries before getting past them.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need to have some impressions first before I know which difficulty. If the harder difficulties are Souls like difficulties, I'm not gonna do that. I want this game to be fun and relaxing while soaking in the Star Wars atmosphere. I don't want some enemies to take 40 tries before getting past them.

this is what is great about the game, you can do your thing, i can do mine

Status
Not open for further replies.