• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Might even be possible. 2019 has been weak as fuck.

In a way kind of. Like I've enjoyed RE2, Sekiro and DMCV. And Astral Chain has been great, but 2019 doesn't have any "heavy hitters" per se like 2018 or upcoming 2020. Still tho, with all these positive impressions for Jedi and Pokemon, November is shaping up to be a repeat of March for me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
MC still walks like he shat his pants. Really slow simple combat shown in the B-Roll. The game still doesn't do much for me from that footage. The exploration aspect is the only thing that is interesting to me.

Edit: The ninth sister battle looked okay if not a little boring.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it does, I'm not sure on how many days but it's usually 3.
Thanks makes sense, just like the Microsoft and Ubi early access versions.

Assuming both games review well, I'm wondering if maybe it makes sense then to just hold off on Death Stranding until after finishing Fallen Order, since there def won't be enough time to finish DS before early access for Star Wars starts, and I've never been a big fan of playing too many big singleplayer games at once

Mar 29, 2018
MC still walks like he shat his pants. Really slow simple combat shown in the B-Roll. The game still doesn't do much for me from that footage. The exploration aspect is the only thing that is interesting to me.
All the written actual journalism/described experience says the combat is really great.

How a game looks has nothing to do with how it feels once it's in your hands. Watching it you have no sense of risk or actual mechanics.

People seeing Demons Souls for the first time thought the combat looked like absolute shit. Then reviews came out and they were like "it's amazing"

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I was not too hot on the game after the reveal, but I've slowly turned around on it and have been getting more and more hyped with every bit of media released.
Bring it on.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't need it to be ground breaking personally, I really want a awesome Star Wars story.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
All the written actual journalism/described experience says the combat is really great.

How a game looks has nothing to do with how it feels once it's in your hands. Watching it you have no sense of risk or actual mechanics.

People seeing Demons Souls for the first time thought the combat looked like absolute shit. Then reviews came out and they were like "it's amazing"
Funny you should say that 'cause I pre-ordered HK DS after seeing the first trailer.

I'm just wary because of how Force Unleashed it looks with some lite Souls influence.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I am liking the look of this. Cater's to my cinematic action adventure itch.

In a way kind of. Like I've enjoyed RE2, Sekiro and DMCV. And Astral Chain has been great, but 2019 doesn't have any "heavy hitters" per se like 2018 or upcoming 2020. Still tho, with all these positive impressions for Jedi and Pokemon, November is shaping up to be a repeat of March for me.

Death Stranding is coming soon. That absolutely is a heavy hitter. As big a deal as God of War was pre release.

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
I don't need it to be ground breaking personally, I really want a awesome Star Wars story.

I touch on this a bit in my preview and I'm working on a whole second article focusing on that right now. The game has a lot of great little touches that fans will appreciate, and I haven't seen much direct connection to movie characters or anything like that. It really seems like a unique side story in this universe.

Mar 29, 2018
Funny you should say that 'cause I pre-ordered HK DS after seeing the first trailer.

I'm just wary because of how Force Unleashed it looks with some lite Souls influence.
Have you read anything about it? Like read actual text by press who have played the game?

It sounds closer to Zelda by way of Sekiro. You even have a posture/stamina bar you have to manage.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I need a new November game now Doom Eternal is dead. Hope this will turn out okay.

Oct 26, 2017
Have you read anything about it? Like read actual text by press who have played the game?

It sounds closer to Zelda by way of Sekiro. You even have a posture/stamina bar you have to manage.

While the gameplay is very similar to Sekiro and Tomb Raider 2013 instead of Force Unleashed, I think some wanted to either play as a more interesting original character or play as one of the movie characters for this game and that is a similar feeling to the Force Unleashed.

Playing as Luke off on some adventure between Episodes 6 and 7 probably would have inspired more people.

Mar 29, 2018
While the gameplay is very similar to Sekiro and Tomb Raider 2013 instead of Force Unleashed, I think some wanted to either play as a more interesting original character or play as one of the movie characters for this game and that is a similar feeling to the Force Unleashed.
Ooft, I just don't see it.

Force Unleashed is completely irrelevant in this discussion. This is a high budget, narrative focused game. FU was basically an arcade game - the story and character and even powers were basically cartoons. It wasn't a cinematic adventure.

It's like comparing Crash Bandicoot 1 and Jak and Daxter 1. One is a linear arcade platformer, the other is a relatively open story driven platformer. Both platformers, but no one in their right mind would compare them so closely

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like sequels are a sure thing.

Stig said:
And it's a new game! It's not like we're building a sequel. We're building all-new characters, we're building new lore in Star Wars, we're building new mechanics - that's stuff we can build on as a team in the future

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
it kinda looks dull, easy and with some meh animation but i love action rpg, metroidavania, soulslike and star wars so day one for me i guess...

Oct 25, 2017
I really like this kind of game, so even if it doesn't turn out to the be the best one ever, it'll be worth a month of Origin Premier to check it out. Some animation transitions don't look that hot and the main character is whatever, but I like the look and design of the environments a lot. The map looks very readable, too, which is sometimes a concern for these 3D hologram style maps.

On a separate note, that tall armored boss enemy is literally an ancient from God of War 2018, plus one additional punch move. It has chest grenades, a chest beam, and an unblockable ground pound.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
In what way?

Control
A Plague Tale
Disco Elysium
Sekiro
Metro Exodus
Resident Evil 2
Untitled Goose Game
Katana Zero
Baba Is You
Ape Out
Outer Wilds
Blasphemous
Sunless Skies
Amid Evil
Vane
can i add remnant from the ashes, hades, surge 2, outer worlds and death stranding (hopefully the last 2 will be at least good) to that list? and i'm forgetting a shitload of very good to great games.

weak, lol...

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It's perfect and I never had doubts. They SAID all this before, no one wants to listen. Souls mixed with Zelda, Metroid, And Uncharted; that's a perfect game. With Star Wars my favorite universe. Wow.

Give me now!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to tell y'all 👍

Imma play on a higher difficulty so that each individual hit properly fucks my shit up. Full immersion unless that mode gives enemies ridiculous health pools.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with you, the previews don't mention how it is to play it with the controls and gamefeel. Doesn't really go in depth usually from the mainstream outlets. Like I don't remember previews mentioning how great to actually Control was, and was mostly macro discussion.

Yeah. I'm mostly looking for moment to moment gameplay and the general feel of the experience, not "look how cool it is to explore STAAAAR WAAAAARS".

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking forward to this, I'm not a big star wars fan, but Respawn are amazing, so no doubt it will be a great game.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Good to see the positive views.

Respawn are very talented when it comes to crafting a campaign.

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
This might be a unpopular opinion but every time someone brings up how much the game is like a Souls game, with the body retrieval and hard difficulty I get turned off the game.

Star Wars is my jam, and I was very excited about this game, but I don't have the patience or skill level to play a damn Souls game at this point in my life.

Most of the previews say it's a lite Souls feel, but it still makes me nervous.
This game has difficulty settings though,so you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.