• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ah.

The Dark Souls of Star Wars games.

EHFwTP1WoAEnLib

EHFwTPyW4AE8El3

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Medal of Honor, Modern Warfare, Titanfall, Apex, and now Star Wars. Zampella and crew continue to deliver the goods

giphy.gif

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Watching the EZA preview. It doesn't look too bad, but not that great either. Like a fairly alright action adventure game with a lot of Souls-like influences. You even have estus flasks and enemies respawning after you rest. I mean, really. It's only differentiator seems to be the Star Wars skin. Could be a decent timewaster but it doesn't seem like it's doing anything interesting.
Nearly all of the best Star Wars games have just been other games with a Star Wars skin.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Holy shit at that ninth sister boss fight.

HUMANOID BOSS FIGHTS ACTUALLY STAGGER AND APPEAR TO HAVE MULTIPLE PHASES

BASED RESPAWN

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Everything was Souls lol.

It looks ok and probably will give the game a try at some point. Not sure how i feel about the simple Uncharted-like platforming though. Stuff like this bores me to death and apparently there is a lot of that...

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this game is sounding really great. Respawn is going to deliver and I can't wait!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Imagine doubting Respawn
Imagine doing that
Calling it now, this has a good chance of upsetting Death Stranding for GOTY

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hang on, £59 ? What is this, N64 era carts?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Watched Star Wars explaineds video

He said that in 3 hours some people were still exploring the first planet. I guess it slipped my mind it's in the game, but he said Dathomir was a planet they could go to at the beginning. Is there any gameplay of that?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
EA fucked up big times with the the marketing of this game. The game didn't look half as interesting as the previews are showing it to be. This's gonna end up being one of the best games of 2019 judging by these videos.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad is sounds good. I can't exactly put my faith in Respawn now they're an EA studio though

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
I trust Respawn, but EA can still screw things up! I'd rather wait and make sure it's good before buying.

I mean, all Respawn game were made thanks to EA and they delivered with both Titanfall games and Apex Legends.
I really don't know why people thought that Respawn will make a bad or mediocre game after nailing 3 games in a row.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That level of dismemberment for non-human enemies does make things better,. though still disappointing it's so limited for human enemies when there's precedent for it still being fine for the SW IP

The game is looking a bit better than the initial reveal, but I'm still going to wait until well after launch to see if it holds up

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Never lost faith, so happy

With Modern Warfare, Death Stranding and Star Wars, coming weeks look really cool

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Watched Star Wars explaineds video

He said that in 3 hours some people were still exploring the first planet. I guess it slipped my mind it's in the game, but he said Dathomir was a planet they could go to at the beginning. Is there any gameplay of that?
Dathomir is really sick! I'm wondering if we will encounter some Night Sisters after what happened during TCW.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Oh shit. It really looks like this game is going to deliver. So excited.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Please let this game succeed when it comes to sales so that EA can see it would make sense that Respawn makes another one if they want to, of course. I miss quality solo SW games.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Echoing the same statements here: I trust Respawn. Fully.

I have the game preordered and the previews I've read are slowly but surely building up a small piece of hype for me.

Looking forward to the final product.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
hope the full game is as good as the previews. i've seen too many glowing previews of games only for them to review rather poorly.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The next month is going to be insane: COD may actually be great this time around, glowing Pokemon previews, Death Stranding early embargo, The Outer Worlds with an earlyish embargo and then this looking like the best Star Wars game for a very long time.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It looks like they are attempting a Souls/Uncharted hybdrid game with a Star Wars paint job. I will be curious to try a demo.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Respawn bringing the goods. Definitely picking this up, but not sure I'll have time for day 1.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I had already pre-ordered for day one, but now my hype levels are fully engaged. It looks like my fall/holiday gaming is going to be very space themed as I play through Outer World and Jedi: Fallen Order that should both look great on my Xbox One X!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The extended E3 gameplay sold me where the initial demo didn't. Glad to see some solid impressions. Will hopefully be a December pick up.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
That Easy Allies preview!! Damn! It's hard to impress Brad Ellis with anything Star Wars but it seemed like a glowing preview. Really like that there are a lot of different kinds of game design elements going into this.

So stoked for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.