• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a much bigger, deeper game than we expected.

Respawn may have just restored my faith in Star Wars video games.

wouldn't blame you for being nervous about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. EA and Respawn haven't shown a lot of gameplay aside from a 20-minute extended demo at E3 2019. That usually doesn't inspire confidence when you're less than a month out from release at this point. But I'm happy to report those fears are mostly unfounded.

While too much of the plot can't be revealed (or uncovered in only three hours), "Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order" already stands out among "Star Wars" games. By rewarding exploration and thoughtfulness in combat, "Fallen Order" seems challenging without being inapproachable.

Interview with Stig Asumssen on Eurogamer

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The platforming in the IGN video looks interesting. Didn't realize they'd have that much of it in the game.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Nice, I can't wait. Respawn have put out nothing but gold and Titanfall 2's campaign was fantastic. Got high expectations from them.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'll still wait until more people have played it. It's easy to enjoy a small portion of a game and this gives me hope that it's going to be good, but I don't trust EA enough.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
source.gif

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not to plug my own work but here's my written preview for IGN:

I really liked it! It feels like the big third-person action-adventure Star Wars game I've been hoping we'd get for years now. I can't wait to play more.
Random question, but was there an HDR option for the game? If so, how is it if you are in a position to test that? That's likely gonna be the deciding factor for me for which platform to get this on.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Variety of enemies, locales, and gameplay looks really spectacular. Definitely excited for this!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait. I think the game is gonna be great, they just really fucked up with that horrible reveal with a boring live game demo with some of the most boring gameplay sections they could have found.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always looked good enough to me. I don't spend 70 Euros on single player games I can finish in a couple evenings anymore, but I am excited to play it next year when it inevitably drops into EA Access.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Not to plug my own work but here's my written preview for IGN:

I really liked it! It feels like the big third-person action-adventure Star Wars game I've been hoping we'd get for years now. I can't wait to play more.

Brian,

Can you elaborate a bit more about the combat? Rightly or wrongly, the impression I got from the e3 demo this year was that combat took some ideas from Sekiro in that you can't just slash your way through mobs of enemies ala Force Unleashed and have to use parry, blocks and positioning to gain the advantage.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the EZA preview. It doesn't look too bad, but not that great either. Like a fairly alright action adventure game with a lot of Souls-like influences. You even have estus flasks and enemies respawning after you rest. I mean, really. It's only differentiator seems to be the Star Wars skin. Could be a decent timewaster but it doesn't seem like it's doing anything interesting.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Whaaaat, you mean that Respawn delivered... again? Shocked, I tell you!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Awesome, looking forward to this. This is gonna be on Origin Premier, right? I was planning on doing a year of that to play this and the new FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.