• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
Start VPN. Close origin completely, then restart origin. I used avg VPN. Free and worked smooth

I did Origin was already closed. Activated VPN, all is good tried different Australia and New Zealand locations, connected fine. Opened Origin, same message...

I don't get it loll

EDIT* Never mind, re-did all the steps in order and now its working. Time to fire this baby up!! :D

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Even my 1080ti is struggling to get to my monitor's native refresh rate of 100hz

I've switched everything to as low as she'll go, but it's hovering around the 80fps mark, with poor frame pacing. That's on a 1440p monitor though. I tried 1080p and it felt better.

However, perhaps the above is moot. I'm running old drivers from August. I'll try the newer ones tomorrow.

IrieDailyX

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Belgium
I did Origin was already closed. Activated VPN, all is good tried different Australia and New Zealand locations, connected fine. Opened Origin, same message...

I don't get it loll
First time I tried, the play button was still greyed out too. I just did the steps again and I'm now starting the game.

My 1070 and [email protected] is giving me a 60fps with small stuttering. Everything is maxed out. Gonna change some settings tho.
Edit: high preset seems ok. My old cpu needs to retire

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Even my 1080ti is struggling to get to my monitor's native refresh rate of 100hz

I've switched everything to as low as she'll go, but it's hovering around the 80fps mark, with poor frame pacing. That's on a 1440p monitor though. I tried 1080p and it felt better.

However, perhaps the above is moot. I'm running old drivers from August. I'll try the newer ones tomorrow.

Oh no, I have a 1080 Ti and a 144Hz G-Sync monitot at 1440p. What are your other specs?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lol you're getting the worst luck with your PC game purchases these days.

Are you sure your GPU isn't unstable? Considering you're getting driver crashes here and in RDR 2, I'd be curious if your clock speeds aren't quite stable on your GPU. If you're at stock clocks, try underclocking/undervolting a tad.

If you own Modern Warfare I've found that to be the absolute best title to uncover unstable overclocks. I need to drop my clock speeds by 80 Mhz compared to any other title.
Ooh good shout, I'll turn off my GPU overclock.

Between this and RDR2, PC gaming really hasn't been kind to you this week.
😂 It really hasn't

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I have a few videos being encoded; a 4K High settings and 1080p with Epic settings with a 1800x + RTX 2080 Super. I haven't tested my RTX 2080 Ti as it's on my main PC, and not my 4K TV PC.

I'll post once they're ready.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Guys is there Ultrawide support? Not sure if If I pick this up on the PS4 Pro to play on my OLED or on my ultra wide PC... RTX 2070 / i7 8700k

Bossmancreepy

Oct 31, 2017
Game runs great for me on everything High 1800p
Runs great on Epic at 1400p ..pc razen 3600 none x and 5700xt on a ssd

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Guys is there Ultrawide support? Not sure if If I pick this up on the PS4 Pro to play on my OLED or on my ultra wide PC... RTX 2070 / i7 8700k
Game looks great, Cal's hair has no dithering whatsoever, is this a first in such dynamic hair?

And yeah, stutters here and there, mostly during cutscenes, but overall really smooth 60 FPS at 3440x1400 with a 1080TI. Also, ultrawide is natively and properly supported. Thumbs up Respawn / EA!

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh good shout, I'll turn off my GPU overclock.

Yeah let me know how that works out. Unfortunately, I've found that 3D Mark, Heaven, Furmark won't necessarily reveal an unstable overclock. They *should*, but some modern games with low level API usage seem to be pushing GPUs even harder.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I was already on the fence for this one but I am going to wait for a while I think to see if any performance/stability updates come down the line on this. Definitely looks good though. I just dont think my 1080ti and i7 is going to do well for this.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
To unlock the Origin version early via VPN:

2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia (some trial/free services may not offer servers in these regions)
5) Restart/launch Origin
You think windscribe will also work for that? I have an account with them.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
1440p on a 1080 on epic and the game stutters a bunch, nothing bad but hopefully fixable with a patch.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Hmm, HDR appears in the 'Video' menu option, only if you have Windows HDR switched on. But, when switched on in-game, the colours and darkness of the blacks change drastically for the worse - much brighter and washed out. Even bringing the brightness down to the minimum doesn't fix that.

Anyone else getting the same result? I'm on an LG C9.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah let me know how that works out. Unfortunately, I've found that 3D Mark, Heaven, Furmark won't necessarily reveal an unstable overclock. They *should*, but some modern games with low level API usage seem to be pushing GPUs even harder.
Weirdly, boosting OCs helped me get past the part I kept crashing on but then later it crashed to desktop on the pause screen.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first planet on a 1080ti/8700k at 1440p. It felt really good, but man those stutters/hitches were frequent

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly, boosting OCs helped me get past the part I kept crashing on but then later it crashed to desktop on the pause screen.

Did you mess with power delivery settings? Could be you need to mess with the +power options in your overclocking tool. Could indicate a potential PSU problem if it's not feeding the card enough juice. I can't think of why else an overclock would improve stability. Might be worth posting in the PC building thread for someone who's a bit more knowledgeable than me on this.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, HDR appears in the 'Video' menu option, only if you have Windows HDR switched on. But, when switched on in-game, the colours and darkness of the blacks change drastically for the worse - much brighter and washed out. Even bringing the brightness down to the minimum doesn't fix that.

Anyone else getting the same result? I'm on an LG C9.

I'll check when I get home from work!

Just as an aside, Windows 10 HDR implementation is fucking garbage! I've had problems with it since day one. Games sometimes just break, requiring you to turn HDR on then off, switch the resolution, change from full-screen to windowed and back, etc. What a joke.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Did you mess with power delivery settings? Could be you need to mess with the +power options in your overclocking tool. Could indicate a potential PSU problem if it's not feeding the card enough juice.
Nah, never touched power delivery, just upped the core and memory a little

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
I only got about 10 - 15 minutes into the game so far but I am hitting a solid 60fps @ 1440p on all high settings with a i5 7600 and RTX 2070 super. So I am pretty pleased with the performance so far. The only bad thing I have noticed is some jittering during a cut scene.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Why are you guys so picky that you want EXACTLY 60fps? I don't understand it. How does this make or break the purchase of the game?

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Watching some gameplay and cutscenes on youtube and I gotta say I am not sure about how I feel about Cameron Monaghan. There's something about him that is taking me out of it.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check when I get home from work!

Just as an aside, Windows 10 HDR implementation is fucking garbage! I've had problems with it since day one. Games sometimes just break, requiring you to turn HDR on then off, switch the resolution, change from full-screen to windowed and back, etc. What a joke.

It's been rather straightforward for me. Wither a game auto detects HDR or I switch to it in Windows before playing (Modern Warfare). Its in a much, much better (and simpler) place than it used to be. I cant say I've ran into your issues and I've used HDR on PC in games from all over, including the MS Windows Store.

I've seen only one person here try HDR, and that was on a C9. Anybody else able to try it on a monitor?

For my high end folks, is 4k60 achievable? It's not that big if a deal to me if its slightly under...gsync can take care of that, but as long as its not in the 40fps range or so.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like it just can't be unlocked early on Steam with a VPN, huh? The game releases at the same time worldwide?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
20191114210654_1yxkoo.jpg

images

Fuck CA.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
It's been rather straightforward for me. Wither a game auto detects HDR or I switch to it in Windows before playing (Modern Warfare). Its in a much, much better (and simpler) place than it used to be. I cant say I've ran into your issues and I've used HDR on PC in games from all over, including the MS Windows Store.

I've seen only one person here try HDR, and that was on a C9. Anybody else able to try it on a monitor?

For my high end folks, is 4k60 achievable? It's not that big if a deal to me if its slightly under...gsync can take care of that, but as long as its not in the 40fps range or so.

On my RTX 2080 Super, 60 isn't obtainable. Drops from 45-60 are frequent. Still playable. Wish you could tweak it more so than you can. Though my proc in the one PC is on the low end, but upgrading from a 1800x to a 2700x today.

I should just take my RTX 2080 Ti and swap with my Super. My main set is 3440x1440, while my Super is on my 4K tv. bah.