• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

McDomination

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Anyone else still not receiving credit for the chest on Ilum in the Shattered Lake area?

There are several areas where I didn't receive credit for all the chests I had opened. I've noticed that the tracking/count gets jacked up if you are attacked while opening a chest, or if you were interrupted in some way during the process. However, according to the maps and the ship, you still get 100% completion (or the "Explored" status more accurately) for obtaining all chests/secrets/echoes regardless what the count is reflecting. Hopefully I can still get the Collector Achievement with this bug.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
just start the game (One X) and I spend more time in photo mode than anything else... ^^ which is a great tool, it's just a shame not to be able to put black bars for cinema rendering..

1576257070-13-12-2019-17-33-01-gftwc1n1.jpeg

1576317369-14-12-2019-09-33-05-l0nmsmct.jpeg

1576317406-14-12-2019-09-33-04-cfgohujm.jpeg

1576317396-14-12-2019-09-33-04-puxwcp4a.jpeg

191214110425920996.jpg

191214110427463548.jpg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
just start the game (One X) and I spend more time in photo mode than anything else... ^^ which is a great tool, it's just a shame not to be able to put black bars for cinema rendering..

Damn your images look way better than my PS4 Pro.

Btw what are everyones video settings? I turned motion blur off immediately, wondering whether to turn grain and chromatic abortion off too. Might as well I guess?

The performance issues have followed me from Bogano to Zeffo... :(

giphy.gif

I don't want to imagine what it was like for day one players, yeesh.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
How do you all get your photos to look good off the console? My photos look fine on my X1X, but the HDR causes them to be super dark when I copy them to my PC.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to fast travel at all? I get lost a lot & just wanna get off of this damn planet.

Oct 29, 2017
Besides somejanky animation, this game is a dream come true at the moment. Really love it, just got to the Zeffo underground. The main character is super likeable. Combat is basically sekiro but not as tight. Art direction is STUNNING.

Oct 27, 2017
There are two ways to get to areas in zeffo quickly from the landing pad. One is in the path to the right, down to the ice caves which has a few lifts/paths to other areas. The other way is through the hangar on the right into the village, hang a right over the broken bridge and left into the cave, then right through the path and you come out overlooking a central area that can get you to the tombs or the imperial areas. It doesn't take long to get to either place.

Nov 8, 2017
SAVING PROBLEMS:
Has anyone else encountered this? Sometimes when I rest at a meditation point, it respawns me there if I die in the level, but if I quit out of the game, when I come back, I have to do part of the level again instead of returning to that meditation point.

For example, I was fighting the main boss on my second visit to Dathomir and when I died, it respawned me at the meditation point in the previous hall (ie. the last place I rested), as it should. But then I had to turn off the game to run an errand, and when I loaded back into the game, it kicked me back to a much earlier spawn point. I had to sit through two unskippable cut scenes which was ridiculous. Also the collectibles I had amassed in that part of the level (two force echoes) had reset.

Is this really how saving works in this game?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This game is longer than I thought.
I thought Ilum would be the final area, with one short section back on Dathomir after that and then it would end but it keeps going, huh.
]Taron Malicos (aka the Dark Souls NPC xD) was a cool boss.

I'm glad I put the difficulty back to Grandmaster. He was challenging, but not impossible or overly frustrating. Needed to deflect well and use Slow and the strong lightsaber attacks at the right moments.

I'm also shocked that he's not voiced by Cam Clarke. I swear I could hear hints of Liquid Snake in there... but he's JD Fenix's voice?? Never would have guessed.

Been waiting to ask your impressions on the game after getting from ban, how do you feel about it? Do you find the gameplay/combat satisfying? The story? The characters?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
SAVING PROBLEMS:
Has anyone else encountered this? Sometimes when I rest at a meditation point, it respawns me there if I die in the level, but if I quit out of the game, when I come back, I have to do part of the level again instead of returning to that meditation point.

For example, I was fighting the main boss on my second visit to Dathomir and when I died, it respawned me at the meditation point in the previous hall (ie. the last place I rested), as it should. But then I had to turn off the game to run an errand, and when I loaded back into the game, it kicked me back to a much earlier spawn point. I had to sit through two unskippable cut scenes which was ridiculous. Also the collectibles I had amassed in that part of the level (two force echoes) had reset.

Is this really how saving works in this game?

Are you clicking 'rest' each time you meditate? My assumption is that's the only way to save in this game. I'm only on my second planet though, so just speaking as a newcomer to the game.

I went into this game with a positive mindset, especially after waiting for several patches to iron out bugs before jumping in, but man the performance is still really bad for a 'AAA' game. I'm getting flashbacks to Bethesda games here. Frame rate is all over the place, really ruining my enjoyment of the nice art direction, and making me loathe the combat.

Nov 8, 2017
Are you clicking 'rest' each time you meditate? My assumption is that's the only way to save in this game. I'm only on my second planet though, so just speaking as a newcomer to the game.

I went into this game with a positive mindset, especially after waiting for several patches to iron out bugs before jumping in, but man the performance is still really bad for a 'AAA' game. I'm getting flashbacks to Bethesda games here. Frame rate is all over the place, really ruining my enjoyment of the nice art direction, and making me loathe the combat.

Yes, I'm resting at the meditation point and being respawned there during that play session. But if I quit out and load back in, I get bumped back to an earlier save point, which seems weird.

If this isn't a widespread problem, I need to figure out what the issue is, because I want to be able to take a break while fighting a boss.

I'm playing on Steam, so there is some sort of Steam-Origin dialogue happening - maybe the problem is there?

I was having performance problems but played around with all the settings and locked the framerate at 30 and now it's fine.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Been waiting to ask your impressions on the game after getting from ban, how do you feel about it? Do you find the gameplay/combat satisfying? The story? The characters?
I really enjoy the game. I started on Grandmaster, but after becoming a bit frustrated at dying so fast, at some point I switched to Jedi Master... but then, that was just too easy overall, and so after getting enough power-ups and feeling unstoppable I just switched back to Grandmaster and it was more satisfying.

Combat is obviously not Sekiro level of quality, but it's still pretty good. I love using all the Jedi powers, I like the satisfaction of deflecting properly, there's enough variety in encounters to keep things fun and enough familiarity to think "oh yeah this thing, I know what to do against that!" and feel like your skills are rewarded. Exploration is pretty cool too, the level design is very strong. I admit finding chests isn't very rewarding, as cosmetic skins are just, well... who cares, but I enjoyed the chase to find them and at least there were meaningful upgrades too (the secrets) so I always found it worth going back to explore.

Story/characters are... OK. It's Star Wars, I don't expect depth or anything, just a fun adventure with likeable enough characters and that's what I'm getting. I'm currently at the underwater fortress trying to get the holocron back. I did like when Nightsister Merrin pointed out how presumptuous it was for the Jedi to assume it was perfectly fine to gather those force-sensitive children and how this whole thing might put them in danger -- I was thinking the exact same thing since, well, kind of the beginning? lol it's basically the same video game plot you see in Uncharted etc. where the heroes try to find the powerful MacGuffin before the villains do, but they end up doing all the legwork for them and if they had done nothing then the villains would have nothing.... 🤦‍♀️ So yeah the story is kind of Uncharted in space, and I'm OK with that.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, as someone who's never played any FROM Software games, the final fight at Jedi Master difficulty is fucking haaaard. So unforgiving. I must've tried it about 30 times. Still haven't beat it. Funnily enough I didn't really struggle all that much with this game up until now.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
So I found out how to activate photo mode, but for the life of me, I can't get the depth of field effect to work well. >_<

What do I have to do to have the DoF effect in the background and the focus on the foreground? Like this for example. It's easy in any other game I played with a photo mode, but I'm no photograph at all and the focal distance/f-stop sliders confuse me, I tried experimenting but no luck. Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?

FUCK the platforming in this game. That ice slide on Zeffo is bullshit.
What's wrong with it? Never found it particularly intense tbh... and it doesn't even kill you if you fail, you just take a bit of damage, even on Grandmaster.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Finished the game this morning. I don't think I'm going to go for the Platinum. I only have to 100% Zeffo and get the rest of the BD scans but it has already felt like a chore to do this much. The levels don't really feel like they were designed to be reexplored. A lot of Kashyyk is script like you're playing it for the first time, like the mudslide and the part where the camera is cinematic for the bird. Not to mention the frame rate and perfomance is not great on PS4 Pro. I'd be ok with no Fast Travel if the planets were designed a bit better;

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Morrigan take on the game is quite similar to my own. I am probably enjoying it more I guess because the pacing feels better than the usual story driven adventure. Way more action and few cut scenes in between, thank goodness. In no way does this ever feel like a walking sim.

I could care less about the cosmetics in chests, but the exploration to find those was lots of fun.

It takes many elements I loved about sekiro and makes it really accessible, especially if you have limited time to carve out for it. Force powers are like the wolf's arm tools, for example.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Force powers are like the wolf's arm tools, for example.
Which is exactly what I wanted haha.

I wish it were just a bit... better overall. Like, combat/hitboxes being to Sekiro's quality. I wasn't expecting it, mind you, because FromSoft are just so good at this and I don't expect any western dev to be on that level, but yeah, how dope would it be?

Sekiro's gameplay, taken 1:1 and translated into the Star Wars universe, would be an incredible game. Replace the katana with lightsabers, replace the grappling hook with Jedi jumps, replace the prosthetic arm tools with Jedi powers.

But, still, what we got now is plenty great on its own. The game is exactly what I expected it to be, and I'm quite happy with it. It'll make my GOTY list for sure, though not #1.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Which is exactly what I wanted haha.

I wish it were just a bit... better overall. Like, combat/hitboxes being to Sekiro's quality. I wasn't expecting it, mind you, because FromSoft are just so good at this and I don't expect any western dev to be on that level, but yeah, how dope would it be?

Sekiro's gameplay, taken 1:1 and translated into the Star Wars universe, would be an incredible game. Replace the katana with lightsabers, replace the grappling hook with Jedi jumps, replace the prosthetic arm tools with Jedi powers.

But, still, what we got now is plenty great on its own. The game is exactly what I expected it to be, and I'm quite happy with it. It'll make my GOTY list for sure, though not #1.

OMG that would be the best. Hope they go that route with a sequel - but keep the sliding difficulty levels. I can't stress enough how that accessibility was so important to my enjoyment of this.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
What's wrong with it? Never found it particularly intense tbh... and it doesn't even kill you if you fail, you just take a bit of damage, even on Grandmaster.

aaaaahaha, this clip is exactly what I'm talking about, cracked me up. My experience was identical to this guy.

The more I play this game, the more little janky things are building up and making it a miserable experience. Frames keep dropping to what feels like sub-10 frames a second. Controls are janky. Graphics keeping popping in. Can't slide. Can't grab onto ropes. Fall through floors. This game is a WTF bonanza to me. It's aping so many great games but feels inferior to all of them. I'm about to leave Zeffo and gonna head to Kashyyyk, but the excitement has sadly evaporated. Just want to see how the story ends.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
aaaaahaha, this clip is exactly what I'm talking about, cracked me up. My experience was identical to this guy.

The more I play this game, the more little janky things are building up and making it a miserable experience.

I'm sorry but.... all I see is someone who is, um, very much ah, not good at video games. lol. I don't see that much jank here, I just see someone who's not executing fairly simple jumps/turns properly. I even see how the game generously allowed him to grab the ledge a few times even when he messed up the first jump, but he also messed up the follow-up sliding anyway which is entirely on him. And this must be on the easiest difficulty too because Cal takes zero damage from the falls, so he can just retry as many times as he has to, there's no harsh penalty whatsoever. He routinely makes the same mistakes/jumps at the same wrong timings and wonders why he falls every time? I mean... The game did nothing wrong here. 🤷‍♀️

I'm sorry if you aren't enjoying the game, if you don't like personally like those slides, that's fine, and I don't mean to be all "git gud" or whatever, but I always get a bit annoyed when people blame their own failures on "jank". Hell, I am pretty terrible at platformers myself. I really struggled with Ori, for example; the escape sequences were not fun at all for me and I legit hated them (even if I otherwise enjoyed the rest of the game). But I didn't blame it on "jank". I didn't like the particular set pieces of the escape sequences, that's true, and that's my preference, but it wasn't because the game was "janky" or had poor controls; I just sucked.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

The more I play this game, the more little janky things are building up and making it a miserable experience. Frames keep dropping to what feels like sub-10 frames a second. Controls are janky. Graphics keeping popping in. Can't slide. Can't grab onto ropes. Fall through floors. This game is a WTF bonanza to me. It's aping so many great games but feels inferior to all of them. I'm about to leave Zeffo and gonna head to Kashyyyk, but the excitement has sadly evaporated. Just want to see how the story ends.

not saying your experience is invalid, but I'm terrible at stuff like this and have had zero issue. Could it be controller battery low? Bluetooth interference causing lag?

greelay

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished this game on PC. It played really well for me except for some lighting issues, like shadows flickering, in just a handful of places.

I played this on Jedi knight. I've never played the souls series or Sekiro or anything like that before. But now I really want to try Sekiro. What is the difficulty of Sekiro relative to this game on Jedi knight?

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Just finished this game on PC. It played really well for me except for some lighting issues, like shadows flickering, in just a handful of places.

I played this on Jedi knight. I've never played the souls series or Sekiro or anything like that before. But now I really want to try Sekiro. What is the difficulty of Sekiro relative to this game on Jedi knight?
It's much harder than Jedi Knight or even Jedi Master, but overall I think easier than Grandmaster, especially at the start where your HP bar is tiny and you don't have all the Jedi powers.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

This was my experience. It's just a mediocre Frankenstein made of pieces from vastly superior games. The reception to it has been far more positive than I would have expected if I hadn't seen them prior to playing it.

greelay

Oct 26, 2017
It's much harder than Jedi Knight or even Jedi Master, but overall I think easier than Grandmaster, especially at the start where your HP bar is tiny and you don't have all the Jedi powers.
Thanks. Cool. Yeah, I think I'll end up giving it a shot. I might end up putting it down because I lack patience sometimes, which has put me off from trying those games in the first place. But the combat is certainly intriguing. I think I get why people get so enthralled in it (even if Jedi might not necessarily have the best version of that style of combat).

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Sekiro is MUCH harder. Enemies can one-two-hit take you down. It's also a bit of a boss rush type of game.

Plays incredibly well on PC which makes it easier (60fps). I played it first on console and I lost count of the dozens of times I died. Probably got 20% through and gave up. I spent six hours on one boss.

Meanwhile on PC, I can count on one hand the amount times I died for the first part and am around 30% done :) The 60 fps on PC made a huge difference for me. I beat that six hour boss from console in two tries on PC. Like 10 minutes.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
It's also a bit of a boss rush type of game.
I heavily, heavily disagree with this. There is tons of exploration and plenty of non-boss encounters. In fact, it takes quite a while before you meet your first real boss.

As for one-hit kills, I almost never saw it, but 2-hit takedowns can happen, especially early on before you accumulate beads. Most of the time you can still take a few more hits than on Grandmaster, though.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Okay, so I need advice. I really want to buy this game, It finally is being sold on Greenmangaming and has 12% off atm. However the version is on the origin launcher...I really want this game on Steam, do y'all think this will be on sale during the Steam winter sale on the 19th?

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Okay, so I need advice. I really want to buy this game, It finally is being sold on Greenmangaming and has 12% off atm. However the version is on the origin launcher...I really want this game on Steam, do y'all think this will be on sale during the Steam winter sale on the 19th?
No clue but it wasn't on sale during the Black Friday/falls sale, it's too new. Maybe a small discount during Winter but I doubt it'll be much more than that 12%, at the most it might be 15% off. Of course, I don't know and am just predicting.

FWIW, Steam doesn't have achievements, if that's a factor (it wasn't for me).

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I heavily, heavily disagree with this. There is tons of exploration and plenty of non-boss encounters. In fact, it takes quite a while before you meet your first real boss.

As for one-hit kills, I almost never saw it, but 2-hit takedowns can happen, especially early on before you accumulate beads. Most of the time you can still take a few more hits than on Grandmaster, though.

Mmm I guess so, but do you not consider the ones like Yamauchi a boss? I found the first "boss" Yamauchi so difficult at first. I felt like it was 20 mins of gameplay then get stuck at a boss. Loved the gameplay loop, don't get me wrong, but it was like Yamauchi, then Kawarada, then the Ogre, that took me hours and hours.

And you need to beat bosses to get the beads and such.

Again, my GOTY, but I could've done with far less boss encounters. (Mini or otherwise).

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

I've put around 15 hours into the origin version and haven't had a single crash. Works great!

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Zeusy also, worth knowing if you didn't, that you still need Origin. Steam launches Origin basically. You just have access to the Steam features (except achievements as I said) like family sharing, screenshots, universal controller support (though my DS4 worked perfectly out of the box when wired, thankfully), etc.
Mmm I guess so, but do you not consider the ones like Yamauchi a boss? I found the first "boss" Yamauchi so difficult at first. I felt like it was 20 mins of gameplay then get stuck at a boss. Loved the gameplay loop, don't get me wrong, but it was like Yamauchi, then Kawarada, then the Ogre, that took me hours and hours.

And you need to beat bosses to get the beads and such.

Again, my GOTY, but I could've done with far less boss encounters. (Mini or otherwise).
I consider those mini-bosses, not bosses. They are similar to the Purge Troopers IMO. Also I think you got your names mixed up, Kawarada is the first such "mini-boss" outside of the tutorial, then you have the Ogre, and Yamauchi is the one after the Ogre in that courtyard with the soldiers that you can stealth around. Kawarada is mandatory IIRC but he was pretty easy, never gave me much trouble.

Yamauchi himself wasn't that hard, but the encounter itself wasn't trivial because of all the other soldiers, but you could also stealth 'em all (and run away and hide if you got spotted and they didn't pursue that much) so it wasn't too bad. He's also fully optional, you can skip him entirely.

I do agree some of the mini-bosses are difficult, but IMO it was all the optional ones, like the purple ninja guarding the mist raven, or the Seven Spears guy.

But man, getting off-topic now LOL. Although I wanna replay Sekiro now...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy the game. I started on Grandmaster, but after becoming a bit frustrated at dying so fast, at some point I switched to Jedi Master... but then, that was just too easy overall, and so after getting enough power-ups and feeling unstoppable I just switched back to Grandmaster and it was more satisfying.

Combat is obviously not Sekiro level of quality, but it's still pretty good. I love using all the Jedi powers, I like the satisfaction of deflecting properly, there's enough variety in encounters to keep things fun and enough familiarity to think "oh yeah this thing, I know what to do against that!" and feel like your skills are rewarded. Exploration is pretty cool too, the level design is very strong. I admit finding chests isn't very rewarding, as cosmetic skins are just, well... who cares, but I enjoyed the chase to find them and at least there were meaningful upgrades too (the secrets) so I always found it worth going back to explore.

Story/characters are... OK. It's Star Wars, I don't expect depth or anything, just a fun adventure with likeable enough characters and that's what I'm getting. I'm currently at the underwater fortress trying to get the holocron back. I did like when Nightsister Merrin pointed out how presumptuous it was for the Jedi to assume it was perfectly fine to gather those force-sensitive children and how this whole thing might put them in danger -- I was thinking the exact same thing since, well, kind of the beginning? lol it's basically the same video game plot you see in Uncharted etc. where the heroes try to find the powerful MacGuffin before the villains do, but they end up doing all the legwork for them and if they had done nothing then the villains would have nothing.... 🤦‍♀️ So yeah the story is kind of Uncharted in space, and I'm OK with that.

Interesting. I played the majority of the game on Master and just never felt the combat was satisfying. Sekiro is just immediately satisfying to play and parrying attacks in that game is so gratifying. On the other hand, Jedi just didn't feel as tightly balanced and designed. Nor did I find the actual bosses typically challenging. I beat pretty much all of them on the first go. I also really wish there were more boss battles, especially against melee opponents.

Trilla was like Genichiro, except not done as well. The concept of fighting someone early on that seems impossible, but who you continually face and get better against was nice. But A) I was already whooping Trilla in our first encounter and B) our final encounter was her same stuff with a few new tricks, one phase, no additional phases or bosses. So, I whooped her with ease. Where's my Isshin fight? Where's my Father Owl? Is this the best you can offer to challenge me Respawn?!

A side minor complaint with bosses, I HATE cutscene losses and even victories. Every goddamn boss fight ends in a cutscene, even when you clearly whooped their ass. Oh, you whooped Trilla in her first appearance. Sorry, cut to cutscene where Cal is now struggling and gets whooped. Oh, you beat the boss handedly. No, you don't get to finish them, cut to elaborate cutscene where Cal struggles and then manages to just win. I love how Sekiro respects your potential win against the first boss. If you win, it doesn't act like Sekiro is a scrub that gets handedly defeated by the boss, it acts like you demolished the boss forcing him to use a cheap tactic to defeat you. It'd be nice if Fallen Order had that. Also, if the game would let me finish bosses and not a damn cutscene. Minor complaint though.

As far as story and characters, I posted about that earlier and let's just say it let me down bad. I don't really care about combat in a SW game, I care about story and characters. And, Cal and his crew are terrible. The only good character we get too late and their personality changes the second they join the crew for no reason.

Man, as someone who's never played any FROM Software games, the final fight at Jedi Master difficulty is fucking haaaard. So unforgiving. I must've tried it about 30 times. Still haven't beat it. Funnily enough I didn't really struggle all that much with this game up until now.

This baffles me, but then again I've mastered FROM games. I only died the first time because the game decided to make the lightsaber throw unblockable without telling me, you have to parry it. It's the only boss I ever died to, I think maybe I might have died once to the flying monster boss. After that, I just played super aggressive the second time and demolished that final boss. I never found any of the bosses particularly challenging and you could just brute force your way through the fights without having to learn all their moves.

For example, Trilla kept doing that shockwave attack. Now, I figured the game wants you to jump over the shockwave, but everytime she did it I was too close. Thus, I'd always get hit. Still, the attack wasn't punishing enough so I could easily just absorb it or heal after. So, I never learned to perfectly counter it. I could just brute force my way through her even on the highest difficulties. That would not stand in Sekiro.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I am not clicking on all those spoilers because I haven't finished it yet, but I think if you actually expected Sekiro levels of quality and intensity, then of course you're gonna be disappointed. I went in never expecting the godly FromSoft quality, and therefore I'm happy with what I got.

You are also way more skilled than I am, because I struggled quite a bit on Grandmaster, even had to switch to Jedi master for a little while, before switching back because it was getting too easy. Definitely retried bosses many times, Taron Malicos took me at least 7-10 tries I think (didn't count) on Grandmaster.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
No clue but it wasn't on sale during the Black Friday/falls sale, it's too new. Maybe a small discount during Winter but I doubt it'll be much more than that 12%, at the most it might be 15% off. Of course, I don't know and am just predicting.

FWIW, Steam doesn't have achievements, if that's a factor (it wasn't for me).

I've put around 15 hours into the origin version and haven't had a single crash. Works great!
Ah I see, I'm mainly trying to keep all my games in one library, that's essentially why 😅

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm sorry but.... all I see is someone who is, um, very much ah, not good at video games. lol. I don't see that much jank here, I just see someone who's not executing fairly simple jumps/turns properly. I even see how the game generously allowed him to grab the ledge a few times even when he messed up the first jump, but he also messed up the follow-up sliding anyway which is entirely on him. And this must be on the easiest difficulty too because Cal takes zero damage from the falls, so he can just retry as many times as he has to, there's no harsh penalty whatsoever. He routinely makes the same mistakes/jumps at the same wrong timings and wonders why he falls every time? I mean... The game did nothing wrong here. 🤷‍♀️

I'm sorry if you aren't enjoying the game, if you don't like personally like those slides, that's fine, and I don't mean to be all "git gud" or whatever, but I always get a bit annoyed when people blame their own failures on "jank". Hell, I am pretty terrible at platformers myself. I really struggled with Ori, for example; the escape sequences were not fun at all for me and I legit hated them (even if I otherwise enjoyed the rest of the game). But I didn't blame it on "jank". I didn't like the particular set pieces of the escape sequences, that's true, and that's my preference, but it wasn't because the game was "janky" or had poor controls; I just sucked.

I've platinumed DSIII, Uncharted and Bloodborne, etc, this is not a 'git gud' situation, it's just counter-intuitive controls. If I turn the character left or right on the ice slide, it's like trying to turn a truck and not a human being. The moments in the video where he grabs onto the edge and climbs up on to the ice are when the game inexplicably propels the character at fast speed yet doesn't allow you to turn at the same speed, it's just dumb. Coupled with the low FPS and graphics popping in late, it's a really negative gameplay experience for me so far. It absolutely is 'jank' if frames are dropping, my character is jumping through ropes, and falling through balancing rails. The game is still buggy on PS4. I have to wait 10 seconds after loading or exiting meditation before textures load in. :|

not saying your experience is invalid, but I'm terrible at stuff like this and have had zero issue. Could it be controller battery low? Bluetooth interference causing lag?

No, the game just isn't as refined as its inspirations like Dark Souls, God of War, HZD, Uncharted, etc, and I'm finding it sluggish with the amount of bugs basically. I rebuilt PS4 database before even playing the game. Needs more patches.

This was my experience. It's just a mediocre Frankenstein made of pieces from vastly superior games. The reception to it has been far more positive than I would have expected if I hadn't seen them prior to playing it.

Yeah, I can see why people like it, it's been ages since a decent single player SW game, but there's too many flaws that are building up over the course of the game for me to enjoy it fully. I like the premise, the art direction, and want to finish it, but am disappointed that it doesn't match the highs of games it was inspired by.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Kashyyyk is the worst looking and performing on console by miles. I'm shocked anyone would think otherwise.
Embarrassing texture pop in and multiple areas where the game freezes to the point I think it's crashed but it actually isn't

Absolutely.

After finishing Zeffo, a couple of weeks go, I put the game down after arriving to Kashyyyk. Just a pan around the little hub area was enough for me to go "Yeah, this area is going to be a mess."

I waited for two more patches to be released before I picked it back up earlier this week, and...........wow. Kashyyyk performs just shockingly poorly on a base PS4. Given the license, developer and budget, it's just crazy to see a game of this caliber run this badly. It feels like Kashyyyk is held together by scotch tape. I'd put it in with Just Cause 3 as the worst-performing AAA game of the generation. Frame rate slowdown, frame pacing, freezes that last 8 seconds while in an elevator, unloaded background, texture pop-in, character pop-in.....it's a cornucopia of glitches. I hate to say it, but after playing games like Spiderman, Horizon, RDR2, AC:Odyssey, Sekiro and God of War all on day 1, Jedi feels amateur in comparison due to its performance.

The game wants me to return to Zeffo, so I'll probably keep playing as that area runs fairly well, all things considered, but after that? I'll probably have to put the game down again for the third time. I really hope they fix this game on base consoles, because as it stands now, it's an embarrassing effort.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Sweet Satan, what is going on the PS4? Is the pro version at least a bit better?

I'm glad I got a new PC last year. My PS4 (later PS4 pro) got plenty of use, but it seems like a lot of recent multiplats have been a mess on console. Heard a lot of complaints for Vampyr and Sekiro, too. It's a shame when great games cannot be appreciated because they run so badly. :(