• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Revisited Zeffo yesterday and looked at the map and good lord that planet is stupid levels of big, would people prefer more planets like that in a sequel or some of the smaller sized planets? Not that any of them are "small" but Zeffo is on another level entirely.
More of everything would be nice honestly. If they could bump the ambition & scope a level or two for the sequel, I would be very pleased. Dont mind having a combination of big and small planets, but would like a little bit more of both.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Only one boss bodied me and caused me over 10-20 times to retry. Most I beat on first try
Now I'm curious to know which boss, but I also don't want spoilers lol.

I've been coasting through the game since I switched to Jedi Master and almost never died, got most bosses in first try too. I think the balancing of difficulty is the most disappointing aspect. The jump between Jedi Master and Grandmaster is way too big.

The fact that stims only seem to actually work like half the time
Wut? Never had this problem. Were you being interrupted? The animation is super fast (especially compared to Estus), but sometimes it does get interrupted.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my coworkers seem to have trouble with one particular boss, but that boss seems to be different for each person. I think it comes down to just different bosses having moves that are extra annoying to certain play styles.

For me, the hardest encounters were when bounty hunters would come at me in groups. I guess I'm just worse at dealing with multiple opponents.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

I've been coasting through the game since I switched to Jedi Master and almost never died, got most bosses in first try too. I think the balancing of difficulty is the most disappointing aspect. The jump between Jedi Master and Grandmaster is way too big.
Was watching and reading dev interviews and the higher difficulties were actually made before the lower ones.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished it, I really really liked it, felt like going on a actual adventure. Liked characters , tho i felt like the down moments in between were lacking for some of the dialogue . I really liked the combat and was engaging and challenging enough on hard. hopefully respawn gets to make a sequel with bigger budget and more dev time . Played it on PC, encountered zero bugs, loading was fast and was playing smooth 60 fps . Visually was nice enough too

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Yeah its a spoiler. Maybe read it once you get to the finish line:
taron malicos until I unlocked the Lightsaber dmg bonus skill. My lightsaber was doing way too little dmg until buffed

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This game should win an award for most "squeezing through a tight space" animations. I swear there are like thirteen different variations.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the game today. I have such mixed feelings. There were many times I felt the combat seemed cheap and blocking was occasionally unresponsive. It started really well, then started fizzling out, but then got incredible by the end. I started a second play through and I'm enjoying it more, I think because I now know how to compensate for the issues I had the first time. It's a great game, but could have been better.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The final boss was the boss I had the most trouble with but also my favorite. Respawn nailed it. Best fight in the game.

also just to follow up from earlier I hit up that ramp by the temple on dathomir and died the first two times trying to fall down to it. On my third attempt I feel lower on the ramp and it worked. Got the planet 99% explored but got all the chests and secrets. One hundred precenting these planets is tough.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The final boss was the boss I had the most trouble with but also my favorite. Respawn nailed it. Best fight in the game.

also just to follow up from earlier I hit up that ramp by the temple on dathomir and died the first two times trying to fall down to it. On my third attempt I feel lower on the ramp and it worked. Got the planet 99% explored but got all the chests and secrets. One hundred precenting these planets is tough.
It's the fact that there's no counter for echoes. You can get everything else but it won't say "explored" until you check all echoes.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'm in the forest and this is just amazing level design. I am loving the creativity in environments, it's like TF2 again. Why did this game get such negativity, what the hell. Level design like this is a rarity now, that wind temple was so damn good. Great game.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game today. I have such mixed feelings. There were many times I felt the combat seemed cheap and blocking was occasionally unresponsive. It started really well, then started fizzling out, but then got incredible by the end. I started a second play through and I'm enjoying it more, I think because I now know how to compensate for the issues I had the first time. It's a great game, but could have been better.
I feel the same way. I have mixed feelings towards the game. I've yet to finish it but I can kind of tell how the rest of the game's going to be. It just feels very repetitive and desolate. It's essentially Dark Souls with a Star Wars skin which sounds great on paper but I hate the Souls games... I've just never gotten into them.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Just finished the campaign yesterday, and it sounds like my experience was pretty much like most other folks'. I enjoyed the game on Jedi Master, but the combat never really felt balanced -- most regular enemies were still too easy, while some where cheap-hard. The fact that stims only seem to actually work like half the time was particularly irritating and caused me turn down the difficulty on some of the boss fights because they didn't seem fair.

The levels are just hard to navigate, and the game badly needs a fast travel option. I will probably start tracking down collectables now, but honestly I'm not really looking forward to it. Backtracking in Souls-like games is usually fun because you get to truck enemies who gave you a hard time your first run through, but it's feeling kind of grindy already.

Still, it was a good single-player melee-based Star Wars game with an interesting story. I'll take it. Looking forward to the next-gen sequel.

I had the same issues with the stims.

And no it wasn't any missed inputs or animation interruptions. The enemy could be miles from me when I pressed the button and nothing would happen except the voice lines would still play.
"Need a stim BD!" but no stim came out.

Also sometimes the voice lines would play way later than when I used the stim.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played this yet and I just got spoiled that
Darth Vader is in this game
from an accolades commercial... 😔
Don't worry, when you get to that point it is still worth it, one of the better uses of that in Star Wars games.

The easiest boss for me on Jedi Master was that later fight, where you could clearly see when their block defense was knocked down to zero. The earlier fights were the progress-gatekeeping ones that forced me to figure out how to play.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Quick question: once I get the double jump I can 100% all planets, right? Last night I 100%ed Bogano, I can do the same with Zeffo and Kasshyyyk? Or will I still need to come back?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: once I get the double jump I can 100% all planets, right? Last night I 100%ed Bogano, I can do the same with Zeffo and Kasshyyyk? Or will I still need to come back?
Did you just get the double jump? I believe there are a couple more mobility upgrades you'll need before you can 100% every world. I'll put the rest in spoiler tags below:

Climbing Claws
Powered Zipline

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished. Really enjoyed the back 35 - 40%. Looking forward to a sequel where I do not have to go through unlocking all the powers again. The game doesn't really click until you have most of them to me.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Oh and how do I get the bounty hunter duos to respawn? A droid and its helper just killed me but when I return there it's just regular Stormtroopers.
Did you just get the double jump? I believe there are a couple more mobility upgrades you'll need before you can 100% every world. I'll put the rest in spoiler tags below:

Climbing Claws
Powered Zipline
I got the powered zipline way before the double jump IIRC, but no climbing claws yet. Hmm

I am at 92% on Kasshyyyk so I thought I could clear it but maybe not?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got the powered zipline way before the double jump IIRC, but no climbing claws yet. Hmm
If I recall, those are on Dathomir. If you fought the main boss of that world, they should be on a Nightbrother corpse near where that fight started. You need them because they allow you to climb on another type of surface, in addition to letting you move freely while climbing instead of just jumping from spot to spot.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
The story is taking me to Dathomir now, I assume it was the final stretch. Guess not? Is the story returning me to Zeffo or Kasshyyk after that? (You can answer in spoiler tags)

pedrothelion

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished it and loved it. The score is outstanding. I hope in the sequel the playable character is Merin it would be neat change up to play as a night sister.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The story is taking me to Dathomir now, I assume it was the final stretch. Guess not? Is the story returning me to Zeffo or Kasshyyk after that? (You can answer in spoiler tags)
You still have a bit to go. If the story is taking you to Dathomir now, then it's going to send you to a completely new planet after that, and then you'll be sent back to Dathomir when you're done there.

Also I misspoke earlier. The boss I was talking about wasn't the main boss of Dathomir.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Morrigan

You can clear Bogano, Kashyyyk, and Zeffo without that.

As for your other question, bounty hunters appear randomly (but the same ones will always occupy the same are). They usually show up whenever I leave the planet and come back.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Morrigan

You can clear Bogano, Kashyyyk, and Zeffo without that.

As for your other question, bounty hunters appear randomly (but the same ones will always occupy the same are). They usually show up whenever I leave the planet and come back.
Without what, the climbing claw?

Basically I just wonder if it's worth revisiting Zeffo and Kasshyyk to try and get all the secrets/chests before moving on to Dathomir, or if I should just ignore it, go to Dathomir, get more power-ups, and then wrap up Zeffo/Kasshyyk later.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Basically I just wonder if it's worth revisiting Zeffo and Kasshyyk to try and get all the secrets/chests before moving on to Dathomir, or if I should just ignore it, go to Dathomir, get more power-ups, and then wrap up Zeffo/Kasshyyk later.
Zeffo and Kashyyyk were actually the last two worlds I 100%'d and they were by far the biggest pains.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that.

Personally, I fully explored every planet as soon as I was able (which would be around now for you) because I like to 100% games on my first playthrough. That last traversal tool will make it easier and faster, though.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was really loving this game but the difficulty of some of the bosses is just so damn frustrating. And I know there is a 'story' mode but the bosses literally don't move or attack in that mode and I can get through them in 10 seconds but then I'll literally die 40 times trying on Jedi Knight difficulty.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
I was really loving this game but the difficulty of some of the bosses is just so damn frustrating. And I know there is a 'story' mode but the bosses literally don't move or attack in that mode and I can get through them in 10 seconds but then I'll literally die 40 times trying on Jedi Knight difficulty.
By the time I was 5-6 hrs into the game, I decided I had to stick with Story Mode. I really wanted to stay on Jedi Knight difficulty, but I was just advancing too slow in the story causing more frustration than enjoyment.

The jank controls don't help at all either

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, that.

Personally, I fully explored every planet as soon as I was able (which would be around now for you) because I like to 100% games on my first playthrough. That last traversal tool will make it easier and faster, though.
Yeah, ok. Just got done 100%'ing Kasshyyyk. I am apparently missing flora & fauna databank entries but... fuck that lol.

I am on Zeffo now and I see some red areas, interesting... maybe they're just "locked from the other side" shortcuts and not really "you need a traversal ability to continue" though?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ok. Just got done 100%'ing Kasshyyyk. I am apparently missing flora & fauna databank entries but... fuck that lol.

I am on Zeffo now and I see some red areas, interesting... maybe they're just "locked from the other side" shortcuts and not really "you need a traversal ability to continue" though?
Yup. You should be able to explore the whole planet now.

In fact, I'll even guess one of the red doors is high above the rotor platform area.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This game feels pretty rough to me. The combat feels mediocre and unresponsive compared to anything soulsborne. I'm finding consistent bugs (mostly visual) as I play, random dips in FPS, and I've had one hard crash to desktop so far (this is on a pretty beefy PC). Backtracking to unlock doors or use a new power to get to a tiny unexplored section to 100% an area is tedious. This game loves sliding down mud/ice wayyyyy too much. Overall movement and controlling your character feels imprecise.

I've still got plenty of game left (I've been getting everything I can on each planet and I'm currently going to Zeffo for my 2nd time). The story is pretty basic run of the mill Star Wars so far, which is fine. I feel like this game could've been something great if the developers had a bit more time. I can't help but feel like this was rushed out the door by EA.

Still, even with my frustrations with the game, I'm enjoying seeing what it has to offer. Perhaps in a sequel they can iron some things out.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
I just picked Fallen Order up in a Xbox One X bundle for £299 which is a insane price to me , especially after I traded in my launch Xbox and brought it down to £219. Have patches improved the issues reported on at the games launch? Not been following things.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I explored the Venator ship and I didn't 100% explore it.

What am I missing?
I just did that area actually. Did you find the Force Echo where you swing by that rope? Climb up the shortcut rope from the meditation spot, then when you have the two rope swings, go left instead of forward. Almost missed that one.