• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's kinda great playing on PC since it has no trophies/achievements due to being on Origin. Not that I ever hunt those, but there's something oddly liberating regardless. Feels like I'm playing a Gamecube-style game, and I mean this in the best possible way, with modern QoL and all.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The saber throw trophy is tricky, as it has to be three kills with one lightsaber throw. The best places to do it are areas with a lot of melee Stormtroopers. I think I did it somewhere on Kashyyyk (I'm like 85% sure it was Kashyyyk). There was a spot that had a mob of them and a transport ship that delivered more. I ended up getting it randomly while fighting them all. It helps if you can lure a bunch of them into a narrow chokepoint.
I think Bogano is probably better if you can get a bunch of beetles to follow you. I got it on Dathomir, against a shitload of zombies . I wasn't even trying to get it; there were just so many of them.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're pretty close to the end.

It's a saber throw, so try to get three enemies gathered near each other and throw. The enemies on Dathomir are pretty aggressive and plentiful.

To kick, you first need the skill that allows you to kick. Then to actually do it, you have to do a precision dodge (dodge right an attack is about to hit you) and then press light attack. I've found the timing window is actually more lenient than the one that slows the enemy and gives you meter back, so you don't necessarily have to trigger that to kick.

Not going to answer my earlier post about how far I am?? :(

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Never payed attention to this game cause I assumed was another multiplayer only shooter. Just found out it's story driven single player only soulsvania like... I'll buy soon!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
finished it after 20 hours.
almost dropped it halfway through because of known issues, unrewarding exploration and janky combat. I am also really not fond of the many long and linear passages that simply require you to basically walk forward uncharted style. I count the many climbing passages among those.

I am glad I finished it, though, the last quarter of the game was considerably stronger, the story picks up a bit and the gameplay is really fun with all the leveld up force powers. with the strong pushes and pulls the combat finally finds it's own identity and becomes fun and jedi like. sadly there is no new game plus to play the whole content like that again.

I'd give it a 7.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I think Bogano is probably better if you can get a bunch of beetles to follow you. I got it on Dathomir, against a shitload of zombies . I wasn't even trying to get it; there were just so many of them.

Same way I got it.

It's a shame I cannot get 100% because of the Bounty Hunter glitch though. They're not appearing in my game, really soured my great experience with the game. :/

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fucking spin other joe does with the pool noodle has me deceased lmfaoooooo.

He said he played it post patch so he didn't experience a lot of what was going on aside from the choppiness.

Not sure if I have the patch or not, but not noticed a difference over the last few days. Still seems pretty buggy to me.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about what some ST era enemies would be like. And they straight up have dudes with melee weapons and shields lol
96960.png

star-wars-tv-spot-5.0.0-1132x509.0.0.png

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
So ah, how the hell do you get the achievement for one saber three guys?

I've killed multiple 3 enemies with a single attack. Still can't get it.

Also, how do you kick?
Get the mass pull, to pull soldiers around you, then get the "Double saber throw around you skill", find stormtroopers, pull them and the double saber will spin around you, killing all of them.

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this game overall, and thought the story and end was great!

Im having a hard time though being motivated to do post game cleanup for the platinum. The map is just too confusing and not easy to read, and none of the missing boxes to open, etc.....are marked on the map either so its really just a massive blind hunt. That wouldnt be so bad if the game had some sort of fast travel system, which IMO is sorely needed.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Not going to stick around this thread in case of spoilers, but I got this game for my Birthday (from my Brother, have to love turning 37 and your bro buys you a video game 😆 ), and holy crap it's more than I expected.

I ignored threads on it, mostly, as I didn't want anything spoiled. This is awesome!

People weren't kidding about the "Metroid" references. I just got to the first "open area"
(after train rescue)
and I almost feel overwhelmed. I'm guessing I need to come back to some of this later? Just want to make sure that is possible before moving forward too far.

Love the little time I got with it last night. Good stuff.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not going to stick around this thread in case of spoilers, but I got this game for my Birthday (from my Brother, have to love turning 37 and your bro buys you a video game 😆 ), and holy crap it's more than I expected.

I ignored threads on it, mostly, as I didn't want anything spoiled. This is awesome!

People weren't kidding about the "Metroid" references. I just got to the first "open area"
(after train rescue)
and I almost feel overwhelmed. I'm guessing I need to come back to some of this later? Just want to make sure that is possible before moving forward too far.

Love the little time I got with it last night. Good stuff.
Yeah, you'll go back later, don't worry.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Started it and played 2-3 hours. Very lukewarm so far IMO. Lacks a lot of polish. The game runs a bit choppy on PS4 Pro, even in performance mode. Transitions between cutscenes are rough. There is some pop in. And the graphics aren't even that great. Considerably worse than in Battlefront 1+2. The game feels a bit boring and lifeless so far. The intro section was solid, with some good pacing. But as soon as the "real" game starts the pacing takes a hit. Exploration seems worthless because you only (?) find cosmetics. Fighting animals isn't that fun. I was expecting some cool boss fight at the end of the first planet but it was just a hologram who gave me the "big fetch quest" of the game. Fighting Stormtroopers on the second planet is more fun. But it's also not great. It feels a bit, I don't know ... they are so static, standing there, shooting me and waiting for me to deflect their lasers to kill them? The melee troopers are more fun to fight but the fights lack punch and "oomph". It feels weightless and weakish to hit stuff with your lightsaber. Both visually and acoustically. There are already some strange battle setups for artificial difficulty. Three melee guys, a rocket launcher guy in the background and some standard troopers on a platform you can fall off. It feels so staged and artificial. The souls-like mechanics with the respawning enemies feel super off and kill the atmosphere for me. Really, not a fan so far. Maybe things change later. The villainess seems solid enough.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I finished this and ended up enjoying it over all. The characters were great and I definitely enjoyed the plot. Really hope we get a sequel, though I hope the sequel tones down the Souls inspiration.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm kinda liking the combat, but I just let out a massive sigh every time I realize I'm meant to potter around in a temple / dungeon pushing blocks or balls around.

It is also crazy how un-polished this game is. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more since I'm playing this right after Death Stranding.

Nov 22, 2017
Well, just finished it.
Liked it overall but was frustrated by the combat that felt unresponsive sometimes, especialy with the counters, which started to anoy me with fast ennemies and one they decide to throw waves of them at you.
The exploration and DA was good, the soundtrack is great and the story does the job.

There's solid ground here to make a great sequel.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man that Zeffo temple after getting the Push power with those rolling balls is offensively bad level- and puzzle design. What a shitshow. I am close to calling it quits, but I start to enjoy the combat and characters progression more ...

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I was really excited to play this, the idea of tomb raider, metroid and darksouls really had my interest. After finishing it today I would give it a 7/10. It's a solid game. I wish that the levels were a little shorter and there was more variety of planets.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished on jedi master. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story but it was definitely more buggy than I would of expected of a typical AAA release.

I'm on the most recent patch on PC but I was able to break the gameplay of a major boss fight multiple times due to due to a design issue with how the barriers are set up during the fight that are meant to keep you within a specific area.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Just popping in to say I love The Second Sister. She's absolutely intimidating, lol. Every time she shows up I feel owned, even before a fight begins.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which difficulty is considered most enjoyable and fun in this game ?

I really really liked the challenge in BB and Sekiro so should I start with "Jedi Master" ? It's stat is the only thing that looked fair to me.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Watching that video of that Darth Maul Canceled game, it reminds me a bit of this game:

I want this very badly.

I really really liked the challenge in BB and Sekiro so should I start with "Jedi Master" ? It's stat is the only thing that looked fair to me.

I beat it on Grandmaster, and Sekiro is the only FROM game I've liked enough to finish, so.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Loved the scope of the levels and settings, was pretty meh on everything else.

It just felt like everything needed another pass on it. From wookie hair tentacles, Cal's absolutely ridiculous Sprint animation, the clunky sliding and swinging that lead to far to many deaths that felt out of my hands.

I lost count of the times I became frustrated because I was swinging short on the damn animals in this game.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Really liking it so far. Really like exploring and learning more about the creatures, planets and story. It feels like an adventure with a really good mix of exploration and story/progression.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

I'm a Souls/Sekiro vet but I recommend Jedi Master. Grandmaster broke me, lol. That said Jedi Master is significantly easier than Grandmaster. Grandmaster is like Sekiro NG with the Demon Bell and without Kuro's charm, and Jedi Master is like NG+ with Kuro's charm... if that makes sense.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Any news about post launch support? Will there be any? I already completed the game but this needs a lot of polish, performance fixes and new game +

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished it yesterday. Loved the game. Sliding sections were dumb. Was hoping for a bit more responsive controls at times - if you want me to jump over something in a boss fight, you better let me jump, dammit. Not being able to fast travel to your ship was just not fun. Saber fights were great. Characters were great. Would love a sequel to continue the story. Performance on Pro was fine - no hang ups or issues really.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
I usually like to do two playthroughs of games I like, one at launch, and one when the game is fully refined after its patch & dlc cycle is complete. A lot of singleplayer titles this gen have had excellent post launch support, such as Witcher 3, PoE 2: Deadfire, Assassins Creed Odyssey, etc. So Im hoping that Respawn can actually deliver on at least some post launch support, even if its not as rubust as the titles i mentioned. Been fairly quiet so far though, and no talk of any roadmaps or any plans, so im not holding my breath.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I usually like to do two playthroughs of games I like, one at launch, and one when the game is fully refined after its patch & dlc cycle is complete. A lot of singleplayer titles this gen have had excellent post launch support, such as Witcher 3, PoE 2: Deadfire, Assassins Creed Odyssey, etc. So Im hoping that Respawn can actually deliver on at least some post launch support, even if its not as rubust as the titles i mentioned. Been fairly quiet so far though, and no talk of any roadmaps or any plans, so im not holding my breath.

They should atleast fix up the game, thats the bare minimum

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
They should atleast fix up the game, thats the bare minimum
Im not sure what EA's mandate is here. The Fifa games for example, until the UT stuff took of, got barely any patches or fixes, even though a lot of things were broken, especially single player stuff. Hell, as far as I know, those parts are still neglected. They almost completely abandoned ME: Andromeda as well post launch. So if they arent planning to monetize any future DLC, maybe EA is telling Respawn to move on and "not waste time".

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
"You see something BD? What's inside there BD1? You find something BD?" Cal, we know who you're talking to, he's the only person with you. You don't need to say his name 3 times in five seconds.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So I guess I'm completely locked out of exploring the bottom half of dathomir, going through it again. There's a platform by the upper area going toward the temple that's in the red and I guess that's a shortcut I didn't unlock. Anyway I can't get down there, and find any lose chests or secrets. I tried getting down there through the night brother village, but that bridge isn't passable.

It's extremely frustrating going through this game again for the plat and shows how inelegant this level design can be. Like, what I described above shouldn't happen. Ever. There should always be a way for me to go back to every part of the map and shouldn't be locked away due to a set piece that changed the landscape or a shortcut I didn't discover.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess I'm completely locked out of exploring the bottom half of dathomir, going through it again. There's a platform by the upper area going toward the temple that's in the red and I guess that's a shortcut I didn't unlock. Anyway I can't get down there, and find any lose chests or secrets. I tried getting down there through the night brother village, but that bridge isn't passable.

It's extremely frustrating going through this game again for the plat and shows how inelegant this level design can be. Like, what I described above shouldn't happen. Ever. There should always be a way for me to go back to every part of the map and shouldn't be locked away due to a set piece that changed the landscape or a shortcut I didn't discover.

Have you tried sliding down the path you fall onto the first time around again?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You mean by the temple? I just die when I try and get on that again.

The slide worked for me to get back down there. That elevator platform that's red to you was weird for me too, I definitely unlocked it but it only took me up and I wasn't able to call it to go down when I came back later.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Revisited Zeffo yesterday and looked at the map and good lord that planet is stupid levels of big, would people prefer more planets like that in a sequel or some of the smaller sized planets? Not that any of them are "small" but Zeffo is on another level entirely.

Okay cool thanks guys I'll try that
Just for clarification pretty sure none of the set pieces outright change the layout of the planets. The designers wouldn't be dumb enough to have missable secrets and such while also including a trophy for collecting all the things.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Yeah I was on Jedi Master from start to finish.I would rank myself as "almost decent" in Sekiro. I was a lot better in BB though (above avg)

Only one boss bodied me and caused me over 10-20 times to retry. Most I beat on first try

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the campaign yesterday, and it sounds like my experience was pretty much like most other folks'. I enjoyed the game on Jedi Master, but the combat never really felt balanced -- most regular enemies were still too easy, while some where cheap-hard. The fact that stims only seem to actually work like half the time was particularly irritating and caused me turn down the difficulty on some of the boss fights because they didn't seem fair.

The levels are just hard to navigate, and the game badly needs a fast travel option. I will probably start tracking down collectables now, but honestly I'm not really looking forward to it. Backtracking in Souls-like games is usually fun because you get to truck enemies who gave you a hard time your first run through, but it's feeling kind of grindy already.

Still, it was a good single-player melee-based Star Wars game with an interesting story. I'll take it. Looking forward to the next-gen sequel.