• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I was cleaning up trophies yesterday for the plat, and I was coming out of the elevator in one of the tombs on Zeffo, and the area hadn't finished loading, so I stepped off the edge and fell for like 30 seconds before finally finding oblivion. XD

There's a meditation spot in Darhomir near a stair where two night brothers with bows and one with a mace appear. I can just run through there before they're loaded into the game, or if I stay on the stairs and wait 5 seconds they come in t poses and then I can fight them. Happens every time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
There's a meditation spot in Darhomir near a stair where two night brothers with bows and one with a mace appear. I can just run through there before they're loaded into the game, or if I stay on the stairs and wait 5 seconds they come in t poses and then I can fight them. Happens every time.
Yes! I ran into that, too. The thing that actually bothered me the most is how god damn spotty some of the platforming can be when the game relies so heavily on it.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I was finishing getting the platinum yesterday I got my first (and possibly last) falling through the world glitch. That wasn't too bad as I got a pretty cool view.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I started this today. Grandmaster difficulty. Played for 6 hours apparently....
588390877462921216.png

It's good.

I'm getting weird stuttering (PC) at times though, even though the Steam FPS counter doesn't drop a single frame... but I can feel it. What gives?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Opening hour looks incredible, second area looks much worse. Training room legit looks like a high definition PS2 title. The rest of the game is varying levels of mediocre to good. Cal's hair physics are next gen.

Yeah I am just past the first visit to Kashyyk, and the opening level is by far the best looking so far. It isn't a bad looking game, but it is inconsistent. I think it suffers by contrast to the opening as well.

Jan 4, 2018
Finally just finished this and am weirdly conflicted about it. Like, I had a lot of fun and it was one of those games I kept thinking about when not playing it, but I also kinda of think it's not particularly great?

Nothing about the story resonated with me, most of the characters are uninteresting, progression feels overly limited, exploration is kind of pointless, and there's an absurd lack of overall polish. Definitely feels like this needed at least another 3-6 months but EA needed it out for the holiday.

I don't regret my time with it, and I'd be more than happy to see a follow up. I think maybe I'm just a victim of twitter hyperbole and having my expectations a little too high.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that the same lady who played one of the main characters in Wolfenstein The New Colossus? I'm pretty sure she is, damn good actress there. She really knows how to project her emotions through her face. I wonder if she's classically trained. Really impressive motion capture tech too.
She was also in this year's CoD.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that happened to me every time too. There's also the first real fight against the Second Sister where it happened every time too. Just a t pose with a lightsaber sticking out.

It was kinda funny, really.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Isn't that the same lady who played one of the main characters in Wolfenstein The New Colossus? I'm pretty sure she is, damn good actress there. She really knows how to project her emotions through her face. I wonder if she's classically trained. Really impressive motion capture tech too.

Yes. You can also see this on IMDb for future reference.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hooked now, although I'm starting the final act of the game. Soundtrack is fantastic.

The red planet and beyond really do feel like an Adventure serial.

Oct 29, 2017
Beat it over the weekend. Not bad but I dont have much of a drive to go back and find all the chests or figure out how to get back to those few areas that I missed exploring but the map does a shit job of showing you how to return to those places. Combat is pretty good throughout for the most part, but wailing away on guys just to try to knock down their blocking bar never feels satisfying at all.

One story gripe I have is ...

Cal really is a dumbshit. He's got the empire on his ass following him everywhere and yet, hes still paving the way for the baddies to get the Holocron with a bunch of childrens names in it. I know this trope has been done over and over again in games but it feels especially egregious here.

The whole time Im watching Cal like..

e45.png

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it yesterday. It was fun, dont want to go back and explore though. Next game should have co-op and tighten up the combat.

For better or for worst definitely the best Star Wars game in years

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Probably about 8-9 hours in now and right now the game feels like its getting better and not falling off. Its definitely graphically inconsistent and buggy, really could have used 3-6 months of extra polish.

But overall its really great. I like the platforming better than Uncharted actually - I'm not really falling a lot like I expected based on others reactions. And the animations are much better than I expected. Combat is great, although I keep wanting to parry like Sekiro and rapid parrying just doesn't seem to work well. Feels in some ways more akin to Bloodborne than Sekiro, in that I find I'm doing more dodge rolls and flanking to attack and its a bit more hack and slash than precise like Sekiro.

Enjoying the puzzle solving (better than expected) and level design (more like Metroid Prime to me than Soulsborne, more sprawling not as clever as Soulsborne). Bosses are decent but nothing too memorable yet.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017

I just realized now that the actress is Debra Wilson, I LOVED HER on MadTV. Her as Bunifah Latifah Halifah Sharifah Jackson still kills me.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to playing this today. Enjoying it so far and playing on the hardest difficulty and getting my ass whooped in the process.

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I'm on Dathomier. Fuck that wall. How do I get over that wall with the by the old guy? There nothing else I have to do in this stage but get over that dumb wall

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
For those that got the platinum, do you need to get all of the trophies before the ending or is there a post game or what?

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just
made my lightsaber and escaped that planet

I assume there's not much left.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished beating
Taron Malicos

It was one of the easier boss fights to time your parrys for sure. Despite his insane flashiness. Gotta be headed towards the end now. Wish a certain character would've been a part of the game sooner. We better get a sequel to fix this.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat this today and I thought it was great, with some little flaws here and there and some performance issues(base PS4).

The one annoying thing about the game is no fast travel at all. If you're trying to 100% the game, backtracking to certain areas (specifically
Witches Horn on Dathomir
and
Tomb of Miktrull on Zeffo
) is a pain in the fucking ass because some paths/doors are just closed off for no godamn reason after story parts. Sure there are shortcuts, but its just not enough imo. Even limited fast travel points like the original Dark souls would've been helpful.

I also felt like some of the parrying was off. Coming off of Sekiro earlier in the year, sometimes I swear I was timing everything perfectly yet was still getting hit(played on jedi master difficulty).

Other than that, feels good to play a good Star Wars game for once, so I hope theres a sequel in the future.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
The one annoying thing about the game is no fast travel at all. If you're trying to 100% the game, backtracking to certain areas (specifically
Witches Horn on Dathomir
and
Tomb of Miktrull on Zeffo
) is a pain in the fucking ass because some paths/doors are just closed off for no godamn reason after story parts. Sure there are shortcuts, but its just not enough imo. Even limited fast travel points like the original Dark souls would've been helpful.

I also felt like some of the parrying was off. Coming off of Sekiro earlier in the year, sometimes I swear I was timing everything perfectly yet was still getting hit(played on jedi master difficulty).

Agree with this 1000%. I won't 100% it simply because of the lack of fast travel. The combat is fun as hell and I'd love to but I'm not dealing with all that platforming all over again.

As far as the parrying I agree as well. There's points where my timing is exactly the same and the first time it works, second time I get fucking mauled.

That said, it's my favorite game of 2019. It's been such a fun ride. Really like Cal as a character and his little band as well. And BD1 might be the best Star Wars character since the original trilogy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaaand scene. Finished all the treasure chests, all the secrets, got 100% map completion on every planet and finished the terrarium. I'm missing like three scans on Dathomir and Bogano and Respawn still hasn't fixed the bounty hunter glitch, so I guess I'm done.

Only trophies I have left to get are scan all enemies, kill all bounty hunter types, 100 precision dodges and finish the scan log. Oh, and kill 25 enemies under the effect of empowered slow. Not bad.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Roughly how far am I? I just... (don't click if you haven't finished it)

Found out the second sister is her padawan

So far I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but the experience is being hurt a lot by the stutter/hitching on PC which is a total bummer. I'm just rocking through it on story mode as I'm not really in the mood for a challenge, and dying as a Jedi just kills the immersion for me. The combat feels pretty great and the climbing is very responsive. Pretty much every aspect of the game feels top notch quality wise, apart from those stutters, but outside of them the performance is great for me.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Roughly how far am I? I just... (don't click if you haven't finished it)

Found out the second sister is her padawan

So far I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but the experience is being hurt a lot by the stutter/hitching on PC which is a total bummer. I'm just rocking through it on story mode as I'm not really in the mood for a challenge, and dying as a Jedi just kills the immersion for me. The combat feels pretty great and the climbing is very responsive. Pretty much every aspect of the game feels top notch quality wise, apart from those stutters, but outside of them the performance is great for me.
Maybe halfway? Or like a third?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks. One other question for you or anyone else. What is considered a precision dodge and how do you know how many you've accumulated.

Precision dodge is when you dodge as soon as the attack is going to hit Cal, you'll know you're doing it correctly when you hear the small whoosh of air.

It's easier to tell you did one with the "slow down enemy after precision dodge" skill.

AFAIK you can't tell how many you've done, so for the trophy just find a single enemy and have at it.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
How do you raise the spire of Miktrull? I know I need to get the orb to fall down, and I pull the chain up and burn part of it with one of the bomb things, but the part to burn is in a waterfall and I have no idea what to do :/

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How do you raise the spire of Miktrull? I know I need to get the orb to fall down, and I pull the chain up and burn part of it with one of the bomb things, but the part to burn is in a waterfall and I have no idea what to do :/

Activate the magnet on the other side, throw a candle into it, go back, pick it up and burn the the thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Got every trophy except the one for completing BD-1's maps and after already poking almost every nook and cranny on multiple runs either for story or collectibles I really don't think I can be fucked trying to find what I've missed for the final 5 percent in multiple areas with or without a guide. Feels really tedious.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got it on Dathomir. There so much shit chasing you around that you can turn around and throw, and you'll probably nail three targets.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Wish there was a new game+ sorta thing, at least a way to let cosmetic stuff carry over into a new start.

Feb 21, 2019
Finished it up last week. Its not a bad game . . . its fun enough...its just....sigh, I don't know. 7/10. It was definitely a rehash of better games that came before it. I found myself racing towards the end just to get it over with. Dropping the difficulty made it more fun.

That said, some parts were truly great.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
her dead eyes kinda took me out of it. felt like they could have done a little better. other games faces look better.