• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
On what I think is the last boss in this game. Utter shit fight of course as every other boss in this game. I actually dislike every single boss in this game, there isn't any fight that I have actually enjoyed beating lmao.

Bosses spam way too many fucking janky unblockables in this game. They also have way too much HP and "stance powe" so it takes ages wittle em down.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So far the only time I've had to backtrack is when I went back to a planet and didn't have the necessary upgrades to progress and went too far into the planet to just literally turn around. Otherwise the game is constantly unlocking new short cuts.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Early enemy question :

I seem to remember doing some trick to stun a tomb guardian, like I pulled it's core out. How did I do that ?

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
I really wish force powers were more usable in boss fights. As it stands, the easiest and more useful is force puch. Nothing else helps and just prolongs battles. Its the same monotonues (sp?) Block/parry > several melee hits with force push interrupting their unblockables. Its a super disservice to what a star wars game can be.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I got to the point where I stopped fighting enemies on my way back. Which in thee bigger scheme of things to me means I'm not enjoying it as much as I should. If this wasn't a Star Wars game I think I might not complete it which is rare for me.

Visually and in terms of sound this game is top notch. But this tomb raider esq design in a SW game just feels wrong.

Personally I think it suits Star Wars just fine. Allowing for exploration of unique worlds adds a little extra depth to a planet hopping adventure.

The problems lay in how the game is lacking significant quality of life features, such as a quick travel feature between meditation points.

I'm guessing that, because they were striving for everything seen in the game to be canon, they didn't want or weren't allowed to add teleportation to Cal's list of force abilities. In which case, canon should have been thrown to the wind. QoL is much more important in a game like this than anything else.

Also the cosmetics that exploration unlocks are, well, kinda mundane and boring.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I went back to the moving platforms on Zeffo, but I cannot find any joy in this game. It would have been just about acceptable at the start of the generation, but a late gen Star Wars game where you have to push massive balls around by opening windy doors and try to avoid massive exploding gas creatures on the ground is just no fun to me.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
If i didn't dislike the bosses in this game so much it would've been an easy 9/10 game for me. But instead it will land on about 7/10. Fortunately they are not that big part of the game.

Also all the glitches doesn't help.

Last edited:

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's funny, reminded me of that Bloodborne photoshop with all the shit added to the UI to make it more accessible

Yeah one of those "I would have paid money to be part of the meeting where they decided THIS was important"

Shit, I know some people, I should just ask how that went

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
So I only have 1 more trophy to get for the platinum. Need to get Green Thumb, but these damn plants don't grow!
Same.. It's so frustrating. After doing all the miscellaneous stuff to grab all the other trophies I'm ready to put this game down, but I can't until one more of those plants grow.

Anyone figure out a way to make them grow faster?
It's in-game time that makes them grow.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shortcut unlocked prompt didn't really bother me. I guess I kind of like that it's Dark Souls Lite and it's introducing a big audience to a style of game that has (in my opinion) more depth than what we typically see in major AAA games. This is a step in the right direction for AAA.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish force powers were more usable in boss fights. As it stands, the easiest and more useful is force puch. Nothing else helps and just prolongs battles. Its the same monotonues (sp?) Block/parry > several melee hits with force push interrupting their unblockables. Its a super disservice to what a star wars game can be.

Slow is pretty useful as well for giving you more time to heal. I also found Saber throw useful for chipping away at guard.

I'm bias though. I love this depiction of force users. Something that is closer to the original trilogy and new trilogy in terms of power.

The shortcut unlocked prompt didn't really bother me. I guess I kind of like that it's Dark Souls Lite and it's introducing a big audience to a style of game that has (in my opinion) more depth than what we typically see in major AAA games. This is a step in the right direction for AAA.

I agree. If this game had come out just a couple of years ago it would have definitely been Uncharted with a Star Wars skin.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game

Early game spoiler below.

Went to Dathomir as my first planet, was shocked I got the double bladed so early. The other starting planet is so much easier!

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
This game and outerworlds have restored my Faith about expecting new and better single player games.

We all love multiplayer games but lately--I think, this is my personal feeling, that we have been bombarded with multiple copies of the same MP games, leaving behind the joy of experiencing a good adventure and getting invested in exploration, characters or just fun combat in a game. These are the reason why I felt in love with gaming. It might be not perfect but it is so much fun to play!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting the Haxion Brood enemies to spawn? I need to kill/scan two of them for the Scum and Villainy trophy but I've played like 30+ hours and beaten the game and the only one I've seen is the one
that you have to fight during the story.

It's really frustrating because it's the only trophy I need to get the plat and I can't get them to spawn at all.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
This game and outerworlds have restored my Faith about expecting new and better single player games.

We all love multiplayer games but lately--I think, this is my personal feeling, that we have been bombarded with multiple copies of the same MP games, leaving behind the joy of experiencing a good adventure and getting invested in exploration, characters or just fun combat in a game. These are the reason why I felt in love with gaming. It might be not perfect but it is so much fun to play!

Right? The Outer Worlds and Fallen Order have me feeling like a kid playing games again. Just pure fun.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Right? The Outer Worlds and Fallen Order have me feeling like a kid playing games again. Just pure fun.
Yes, my exact feelings. I found myself at work thinking about what the next place is going to be, what choices do I want to make; what upgrade or skill I look forward to have; or how am I going to, easier, beat that boss I tried 3 times next time, ha! I've felt lost in the adventures and for that I praise the people who put the time to make these games.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting the Haxion Brood enemies to spawn? I need to kill/scan two of them for the Scum and Villainy trophy but I've played like 30+ hours and beaten the game and the only one I've seen is the one

It's really frustrating because it's the only trophy I need to get the plat and I can't get them to spawn at all.
Where are you trying to fight them? They appear all over the place in previously cleared areas, at least they did for me.

A mech-type one spawns in Cordova's home-cave, where you fix BD's leg at the beginning of the game. A couple of them spawn outside one of the temples on Zeffo; the areas with all of the air jets. Sorry I wish I could remember the area names, but that's the best I can do without the game in front of me.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The places i know where they spawn

Just outside the tomb entrance in Dathomir
Where you fight the Rabid Jotaz in Zeffo
The room with the flame troopers and the giant saw in Kashyyk

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading this right now

Anything I should know before I start? On PC if that matters ar all, cheers!

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Later half of the game won me over a bit. There was a lot more "wonder" in it and I actually preferred the more main-line level design approach.
Glad I played it and I hope it sells enough for them to have more time, a bigger budget next time.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Downloading this right now

Anything I should know before I start? On PC if that matters ar all, cheers!
Combat is slower paced than it first seems. Take your time to learn the parrying window timings, and the combat will be much more fun. If you've played Souls, Bloodborne, or Sekiro before do not play it like any of those games.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Fucking youtube with the spoiler thumbnails and titles. And I didnt even realize it was for Fallen Order, it looked like it was related to the Star Wars VR thing.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
It's funny how Cal always seems surprised when BD-1 jumps into a crate as if he hasn't done it 50+ times already lol

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
hydruxo are you doing cleanup for secrets on planets? Because if you explore on any planet you are sure to run into them. By the time I was done I was sick of fighting them, they were popping up at every corner

Not everyone loves mp games, I ignore them completely and always look for the best sp experiences for the reasons you mention. That to me is worth my time way more than any mp game. If it's good, it leaves you with something worth remembering. I just hope this is a success so we can get more sp games in this vein. I'm fine with anyone who enjoys BF, but it's not for me. I'd been waiting for a good sp romp and this is a huge step in the right direction. Now if only project Ragtag wasn't cancelled... It's weird that EA let this game live but iirc Ragtag was cancelled because execs weren't sure it'd make enough money

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Level design is not as good as it should be. It's not like a FROM or Nintendo game, you know, games like Dark Souls/Sekiro or Metroid games have usually a world that feels big but it's easy to traverse thanks to a good interconnected level design. Even without teleport system. This game tries it, and has some good shortcuts that feel natural, but at the same time tries to have this long, "cinematic" sequences (like the Jedi temples) that are really linear and are a pain to traverse later to get all the chests and secrets.
Personally I think it suits Star Wars just fine. Allowing for exploration of unique worlds adds a little extra depth to a planet hopping adventure.

The problems lay in how the game is lacking significant quality of life features, such as a quick travel feature between meditation points.

I'm guessing that, because they were striving for everything seen in the game to be canon, they didn't want or weren't allowed to add teleportation to Cal's list of force abilities. In which case, canon should have been thrown to the wind. QoL is much more important in a game like this than anything else.

Also the cosmetics that exploration unlocks are, well, kinda mundane and boring.

There's a lot of ways to do fast travel, even within the SW universe. At a base level you could do a simple passage of time. But it's not the fast travel that jars me the most. The returning to the ship after you've completed your objective, is unnecessary padding that ads nothing to the game except time played. LIke I said earlier, I got to the point where on the arduous journey back I didn't engage at all unless I had to.

There are also some glitches that would be game breaking but the design choices are really what hurt the game in my humble opinion. Thankfully I think I'm nearing the end. And as a huge SW fan that's not something I say lightly.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
On what I think is the last boss in this game. Utter shit fight of course as every other boss in this game. I actually dislike every single boss in this game, there isn't any fight that I have actually enjoyed beating lmao.

Bosses spam way too many fucking janky unblockables in this game. They also have way too much HP and "stance powe" so it takes ages wittle em down.

I'm legit amazed that people are still on the red attack = unblockable train when it comes down to some bosses, the last one is no exception

Also you're just bad, shes highly vulnerable to literally all of your kit

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
OK, can somebody please tell me how I can get the plants to grow? I completed the game, the only thing (and last achievement) is the fully grown terrarium. I've been running around for at least 5 hours now on all the planets and nothing has happened.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Has anyone seen anything related to this being on sale for black friday anywhere for PC? Looking at Steam specifically, but I guess origin would work. Looking into purchasing it, but I know the moment I do, it'll go on sale.

Thanks.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Glad someone agrees with me.

It's not a fucking issue of "git good" when the game's as janky as it is.

The last boss in particular is all sorts of jank.

You can tell that the boss is supposed to be dashing really far away from you before doing something like the dash grab or the giant wave, but the arena you fight her in isn't designed for that, so if you're unlucky, it's possible she'll dash like 2 feet away and insta-grab kill you. That's why I said basically every fight in the game felt largely like it came down to RNG when I won.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
OK, can somebody please tell me how I can get the plants to grow? I completed the game, the only thing (and last achievement) is the fully grown terrarium. I've been running around for at least 5 hours now on all the planets and nothing has happened.

I've heard it might be tied to xp gain but I don't know for sure

Oct 28, 2017
What is the purpose of the double saber? It just seems like it does less damage per swing and the only benefit is I can hit more than one person at a time. Is that it?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
What is the purpose of the double saber? It just seems like it does less damage per swing and the only benefit is I can hit more than one person at a time. Is that it?

Fast, good for small creatures. Can hit things behind you when facing groups. Can parry multiple bolts back at enemies. Different force attacks.

More light in dark places. 🤩

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
it's kind of interesting, my experience with the bosses in this game (on the second highest difficulty) was breaking the guard wasn't really worth it. You get a lot more damage on them by learning attacks and punishing the ones that have cooldowns (pretty much every red attack have at least a half second after the hit where the enemy is sitting still, begging to be hit). It takes a bit to get the dodge timing down for a few of these, but it's absolutely doable. I think the time I beat the last boss, I only broke their guard once, everything else was free hits. I only used blocks as a last resort, especially once later enemies/bosses gained the ability to counter parries.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
it's kind of interesting, my experience with the bosses in this game (on the second highest difficulty) was breaking the guard wasn't really worth it. You get a lot more damage on them by learning attacks and punishing the ones that have cooldowns (pretty much every red attack have at least a half second after the hit where the enemy is sitting still, begging to be hit). It takes a bit to get the dodge timing down for a few of these, but it's absolutely doable. I think the time I beat the last boss, I only broke their guard once, everything else was free hits. I only used blocks as a last resort, especially once later enemies/bosses gained the ability to counter parries.

Yeah, it's all valid. Works with purge trooper also. You can get some big hits in while they are charging up their unblockable for example. Don't need to just parry.