• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
After about 10 hours it becomes your best friend.

Also, I'm near the end and just had the final boss spoiled for me...YouTube is the worst.

Same happened to me. At least it's not like the final boss is any surprise here, but YT spoilers are just trash, period.
I wish you could just straight-up hide all content on a per-game-basis.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So long as you're exploring what's available so that you unlock shortcuts and acquire abilities, there's actually not a whole lot of mandatory backtracking. It seems to be when people beeline through areas without exploring, that they miss shortcuts and abilities, which leads to them having to take longer than necessary routes through the level, as well as forcing them to return to these areas when they realize that in order to progress they need to get a particular upgrade that they missed the first time.
Yeah I actually fucked up and meant to write I have done a lot of backtracking. I also realize backtracking is probably is not the best term. It is more like I have done exploring once I can. When I knew I had an ability that would let me progress further on a previous planet I went back to said planet. I currently have 6 stims and a decent amount of the skills unlocked, so I would say ultimately it was all worth it. Plus I feel that generally speaking I have a pretty good lay of the land as the saying goes. I feel like I know each planet I have revisited fairly well. So I guess I am possibly just playing it a bit different than some. probably playing it very similar to others though as well. That is one of the things I am enjoying. It does offer at least a little of a choose your own adventure / playstyle vibe to it. I reckon once I do complete the game I will also be pretty far along with the completion of each planet.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it! Had a blast with it, really didn't know how much I wanted a Star Wars sekiro-like. It was quite long too, I thought i was come to the end when it was actually not even close. Big props to Respawn for bringing out a solid Single player game with absolute no loot boxes.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
"Rebel scum, you are not ready for me!"
*Force pushes Purge Stormtrooper off cliff*
*cackles like Palpatine*

Oct 26, 2017
This section has some highs and lows for the story for me, I think Cal's development was very strong with his arc, but everything with the witches and that Jedi seemed so irrelevant and a bit cartoonish. I wish they chose a different location.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Got my platinum last night, managed to finish everything before heading to the final planet. Really enjoyed the final part of the game, wasn't really expecting
Vader to show up
, so that was pretty neat. Hopefully respawn gets to make more of these, because i really really want a second game now.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Grandmaster playthrough is going fine, but I'd rather have Jedi master parry timings, with the increased enemy damage and aggression of GM. Increased aggression has made the Jotaz much more of a threat. They can do that double leg kick charge twice in a row, so it's a stunlock death. 🤗

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How long do I have left if I just

got the climbing claws, killed the owlbat thing and looped back to Ancient Ruins entrance on Dathomir
?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
There was a stormtrooper asking a purge trooper how to fight a Jedi, but I jumped down and killed them before he could answer. Now we'll (he'll) never know. 🥺

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of insignificant in the grand scheme of things but can we be sure that

ninth sister is dead? She already had one prosthetic limb and falling out of sight is far from a sign of death in SW

Kind of thought it was oddly vague way to treat a pretty insignificant character.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
I just finished it, liked it. Falls somewhere into the above average to good range.

Felt a lot was cut and could've used a few more months of polish.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
After seeing the performance of this game on PC, that is the ONLY place to play it until the PS5 and next Xbox come out. Even the Pro and X1X are having issues. Look at the videos with the Ryzen CPU and 5700XT (less than the leaked specs we know right now)

I think SSD, and a much nicer CPU will make the difference with this title. I will wait, at least until there is a really great sale next Spring or so, and we know more about the backwards compatibility of next generation machines)

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I should installed this on my SSD

everytime there is a scene transistion in cutscenes this game hitches

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Why do so many bounty hunters in this universe, Mandalorian, fake Mandalorian (Jango and Boba Fett), and Haxion Brood included, seem to all use the same equipment? Jetpacks and wrist-mounted flamethrowers.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Met these guys twice and died both times with a sliver of health left. So annoying I never came across them again. Was there a known way to make them respawn?

Edit: Ah get it now. Just playing post game and Bounty Hunters now appearing all over the place now.

Great game overall and ends on a terrific note. I do hope Respawn get to work on a sequel. They've laid down some excellent foundations and I can't wait to see where the story goes next!

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Malicos
has so many shitty invincibility frames.

i wish there is a practice mode so I can practice parries cause I'm trash at it.

Possible tips...

Are you pushing the rocks right back in his face? At least on Jedi master, the hold attack single to double or double to single power was just wrecking him. Almost felt broken how it drained his stamina.

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
I apologize if this has been asked already, I did a search but might not have been using the right terms. Question about missing story, when...

After finishing the Temple of Miktrull, you are captured by bounty hunters on your way back to your ship. You awake on a prison asteroid and when you get to the end of the prison asteroid, the person in charge (cant remember his name) says "you have Greeze to thank for us meeting" or something like that. Then later on the ship after you get off the asteroid, Greeze apologizes to Cal and says he made a mistake and almost got Cal killed. Did I miss a cutscene or something? What the hell are they talking about, what mistake did Greeze make?

Anyone get confused there as well?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I apologize if this has been asked already, I did a search but might not have been using the right terms. Question about missing story, when...

After finishing the Temple of Miktrull, you are captured by bounty hunters on your way back to your ship. You awake on a prison asteroid and when you get to the end of the prison asteroid, the person in charge (cant remember his name) says "you have Greeze to thank for us meeting" or something like that. Then later on the ship after you get off the asteroid, Greeze apologizes to Cal and says he made a mistake and almost got Cal killed. Did I miss a cutscene or something? What the hell are they talking about, what mistake did Greeze make?

The game expects you to read the databank entries, I guess.

They were after Greez because of gambling debts. Once they tracked him down and learned he was traveling with a Jedi, they targeted Cal instead because a Jedi is way more valuable.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017

First time I was confused, yes. It is foreshadowed if you talk to him on planets, though, and there are dialog hints from him even earlier.

Already explained above, but yeah, gambling debts, and he said he took out a "big" loan to get the ship.

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
The game expects you to read the databank entries, I guess.

They were after Greez because of gambling debts. Once they tracked him down and learned he was traveling with a Jedi, they targeted Cal instead because a Jedi is way more valuable.
First time I was confused, yes. It is foreshadowed if you talk to him on planets, though, and there are dialog hints from him even earlier.

Already explained above, but yeah, gambling debts, and he said he took out a "big" loan to get the ship.

Ahhhhh ok got it. I guess I should be paying more attention to those. Thanks for the quick replies!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I think the interconnected maps are done amazingly well. Dunno why people hating on it, or the combat for that matter.

Having a brilliant time being a jedi. The sense of progression has been done amazingly well. You start off as a padawan, and really work your way up to being a jedi. And it actually feels like it, and to me is rewarding. The stuff I am pulling now is unreal.

Havent finished yet, but am close to the end. Respawn bless your hearts and please start working on a sequel haha

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
So I didn't experience any major performance issues on my first visit to Kashyyk besides the usual frame drops

Also
I went back to Zeffo and just got done fighting 2nd Sister. The boss fight and the reveal of her identity were dope moments. Plus holy shit she's strong. I wonder why we never see Rey or Kylo pull off half the shit she does lol

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
So i just finished the game

The ending is a bit underwhelming, Darth Vader was ok tho but after that pffffff

I dont know if its just me but i didnt feel hitboxes on bosses were on point

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask this in a 130 page thread, but besides the OP mentions (bonfires, parries, picking up XP from a death,) how souls-like is this?

Are rolls or timing a significant thing?

Boss difficulty?

Deep, precise combat?

Ability for different builds?

Thanks in advance

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
Sorry if this has been covered, but that big ass monster thing on the first planet you go to after the opening scene - is that meant to be killed at this point or should I come back later? I just assume I'm trash at this game because I keep dying to it

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
I think the interconnected maps are done amazingly well. Dunno why people hating on it, or the combat for that matter.

Having a brilliant time being a jedi. The sense of progression has been done amazingly well. You start off as a padawan, and really work your way up to being a jedi. And it actually feels like it, and to me is rewarding. The stuff I am pulling now is unreal.

Havent finished yet, but am close to the end. Respawn bless your hearts and please start working on a sequel haha
played on jedi master from beginning to end getting all skills and you feel like a badass Jedi in the end. Coming from Sekiro this is a dream game(Metroid, Sekiro,Star Wars, Control, Uncharted, Tomb Raider & hell even Max Pain in story segment!)

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Sorry if this has been covered, but that big ass monster thing on the first planet you go to after the opening scene - is that meant to be killed at this point or should I come back later? I just assume I'm trash at this game because I keep dying to it
It's meant to kick your ass early in the game unless you really know what you're doing.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This boss fight I've been stuck on doesn't even seem like a skill issue. I feel like I'm waiting for the stars to align and not have an encounter where something fucking dumb happens like the boss using an instant-teleport grab that one-shots me at full HP, my attacks not staggering her and getting stuck in a combo while she's killing me, the droid she spawns not being capable of being targetted or force-grabbed, her one-shotting me with an undodgeable that needs to be jumped over, etc...

This isn't fun.

They've basically made force abilities pointless due to how much RNG it takes to even use one on a boss. Either they block the full thing, or your character outright misses. Regardless, you end up taking a shit ton of damage, and even though you didn't get it off, it still depletes your force for some reason.

Oct 25, 2017
You should be able to beat it before leaving the planet. At that point you'll have 2 stims and should be able to drop onto him from above, which will do half the work for you. After that, stay calm, block the normal attacks while circling to the side and hitting him once or twice carefully. The lunging unblockable attack will track you if you dodge too early, so watch the creature's sides expand and contract as he prepares to leap, it should help you time your roll. It's also essential to keep yourself away from the walls so you can dodge freely. You'll die a few times but you can do it with persistence.

Sorry to ask this in a 130 page thread, but besides the OP mentions (bonfires, parries, picking up XP from a death,) how souls-like is this?

Are rolls or timing a significant thing?

Boss difficulty?

Deep, precise combat?

Ability for different builds?

Thanks in advance
It's kinda souls like but the overall difficulty makes it more forgiving.

Rolls and dodges and parries are all essential to combat, but parry timing is super lenient on normal difficulty.

Bosses seemed fair to me, as long as you figure out when to parry, when to dodge, when to use a force power, etc, they are manageable.

Combat isn't what I'd call deep, but it is enjoyable once you get a handle on it. It's precise in that it relies on dodges and parries and doing the right things at the right time, but it's not quite as tight as a Fromsoft game. It's also easier, though, so you can make more mistakes, whether they're your fault or the game's.

Builds are not really a thing. You can choose where to put skill points, but you can complete the skill tree pretty easily by the late game so it's more a matter of priorities than builds.

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
This boss fight I've been stuck on doesn't even seem like a skill issue. I feel like I'm waiting for the stars to align and not have an encounter where something fucking dumb happens like the boss using an instant-teleport grab that one-shots me at full HP, my attacks not staggering her and getting stuck in a combo while she's killing me, the droid she spawns not being capable of being targetted or force-grabbed, her one-shotting me with an undodgeable that needs to be jumped over, etc...

This isn't fun.

They've basically made force abilities pointless due to how much RNG it takes to even use one on a boss. Either they block the full thing, or your character outright misses. Regardless, you end up taking a shit ton of damage, and even though you didn't get it off, it still depletes your force for some reason.
You can pull the Droid and throw in back in her face.