• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
just been running thru older planets getting anything i missed. I didn't even think about it. But i didn't have any real performance issues tonite.

Since i got out of Kashyyyk again...its been smooth sailing. And finally found some more ponchos i dont hate

NoPiece

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the most fun with the combat is at the end when you have everything unlocked, but there's no newgame+ so you barely get to use some of them.

I so agree with this. The combat is pretty well tuned and balanced throughout the game, but it doesn't really get interesting or fun until you unlock most of the powers late in the game. Then you have lots of interesting options in combat instead of having to grind it out. Loved the late stage mini bossed and boss battles once it transitioned from medieval sword fighting to full Jedi powers on display.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
So a Tsundere Necromancer as a squadmate, huh. Can't say I ever expected that combination.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Just finishing the story mission to Dathomir. How far along am I in terms of campaign completion?

RebelDeux

Nov 20, 2017
Been playing this game since last Saturday and I'm like halfway of the Dathomir mission.

Zeffo was a nightmare to explore and that tomb+spheres were a choice.

Kashyyyk was just amazing, had a 92% completion while just doing the main plot, but it was a beautiful planet/level, the boss fight was hard, really hard.

As a SW fan, I'm enjoying the main plot/characters and the connections to Clone Wars and ROTS, I'm very curious to finish the story and find out about what happened with what the holocron says...

Also I have 4 stims of health and lots of ponchos/mantis/BD looks but where the Wookie are those Kyber crystals?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
man the zeffo mission was such a long one compared to the other planets. Finally learned all necessary force abilities so its just fun times from this point.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Been playing this game since last Saturday and I'm like halfway of the Dathomir mission.

Zeffo was a nightmare to explore and that tomb+spheres were a choice.

Kashyyyk was just amazing, had a 92% completion while just doing the main plot, but it was a beautiful planet/level, the boss fight was hard, really hard.

As a SW fan, I'm enjoying the main plot/characters and the connections to Clone Wars and ROTS, I'm very curious to finish the story and find out about what happened with what the holocron says...

Also I have 4 stims of health and lots of ponchos/mantis/BD looks but where the Wookie are those Kyber crystals?

I completely forgot about that!
Now I'm for sure hunting for those.

Its also pretty awesome how a lot of the lightsaber pieces are replicated from the ones you can build in Savii's workshop at Galaxys edge in Disneyland/World.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people had problems with Taron? Beat him first try on Jedi Master.

Clip below spoilered:

Like he was definitely surprising a couple times but easiest boss in the game imo. I had a much harder time with that stupid giant bat monster whose animations seemed buggy as hell, and Ninth Sister took me 4 tries at least.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Do the legendary bosses respawn? I forgot to scan the one on Kashyyyk. If I can't, there goes the platinum trophy.
I don't think any of them are scannable, they're just added to the bestiary automatically upon defeating them.

You get all the alt lightsaber colors at the same time near the end of the game, unfortunately.

Last edited:

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat it, probably put 7 hours in today...which is something that is pretty rare for me and only happens when I'm completely gripped. Wonderful blend of Souls X Uncharted meets Star Wars with a top quality story and some epic set pieces. I'd give it a 9 and put it only behind Three Houses for my GOTY.

Respawn may well be the top developer of this gen too.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about some strong enemies (semi-big spoilers):

I'm thinking of the bounty hunters that randomly show up now and then. I have scanned the droid one and the grounded human bounty hunter, but during a fight with a flying version, it clipped through the floor when dying and I wasn't able to scan it. This happened in the Imperial Refinery, btw. Will more pop up so I'll be able to scan it?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about some strong enemies (semi-big spoilers):

I'm thinking of the bounty hunters that randomly show up now and then. I have scanned the droid one and the grounded human bounty hunter, but during a fight with a flying version, it clipped through the floor when dying and I wasn't able to scan it. This happened in the Imperial Refinery, btw. Will more pop up so I'll be able to scan it?

Yes. Idk if they'll continue endlessly throughout in case it happens again, but you'll have multiple opportunities for each type. If they ever beat you, they'll also eventually respawn after some time.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Second playthrough done, 100% this time. Game is even better than I could have imagined when I was contemplating the pre-order. Tempted to play on grandmaster now, Jedi master has been pretty easy, I just don't like that the parry windows are reduced. Feels good where it's at on JM.

Yeah, the parry window on GM takes a lot of adjustment. Master felt 'better', but it's supposed to be hard.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
19 hours later and I'm all wrapped up. This will be my 2019 Game of the Year. So unhappy that it's over.

The final showdown with Vader was soooo well done. No buddy, this ain't your Force Unleashed garbage power fantasy, you aren't taking Darth Vader on without getting dominated. One swipe at him is about all you're getting, then you fucking run. I love how they did that. It maintains the terrible allure that Vader should command. One puny red headed recently knighted Jedi isn't beating him, or even getting close. The decision to destroy the Holocron after chasing it around for so long was also really good writing, because it makes perfect sense.

Overall I'm super happy with it. Combat felt excellent and the characters were all at least interesting. It definitely has issues, the traversal is classic Uncharted style frustration more often than it should be, the combat can have that Stig type spamlock bullshit which he is known for, some of the cooler abilities you don't get until the game is just about over like the Saber throw, we should be able to dismember the god damn Stormtroopers DISNEY and the loot being purely cosmetic was also disappointing. If you want to make a Star Wars Souls, then go ahead and do it, I don't think anyone will complain. With the shallower version of the formula this one has, it just feels like just a big "what if".

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing this. Opening sequence was very impressive visually, and a decent set up. Second level looks decent, but is quite a significant step down visually. It still looks pretty good but the contrast is jaring.

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I've mainly been holding off on playing this until it gets patched up...did the last patch have any noticeable effects at all?
Not at all. Performance mode still is trash. Stutter in all modes.. Loading times are still non-sensial (sometimes 30s after death or up to 2 minutes for no reason what so ever)

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Just started playing this. Opening sequence was very impressive visually, and a decent set up. Second level looks decent, but is quite a significant step down visually. It still looks pretty good but the contrast is jaring.

Super jarring. I was seriously bummed out. Luckily, the rest of the game is superb and just keeps on getting better and better.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Grabbed origin premier access and downloaded the game this afternoon after hearing it was souls-like. Someways through Zeffo now and it's really reminding me of one of those movie-based action adventure games from around the ps2/og xbox era. Grabs some key elements from all these other popular games, mashes them together into something good, not great but something that's a solidly enjoyable title.

Fairly disappointed that there aren't any drops/equipment/armour but eh. I'm enjoying it and it's been awhile since I've been able to say that for a SW game.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
It's a tough fight. Really made me wish that a couple of stims were given to you in the course of the story, because I only had three at that point.
Yeah, i'm also at 3 stims. I was wondering if I missed a bunch on my playthrough cause that seems low.
But it's generally fine, there's enough checkpoints to where it's not a huge deal.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it. I did experience a few bugs and have a few nitpicks, but the game overall was a great experience. End sequence was wow.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Finished the campaign today. Really enjoyed it overall but there are a few things I wish were either ironed out or that I hope are in the sequel.

- It feels like parry timing is super inconsistent. Played on Jedi Master, and sometimes it felt like I pressed block right before the hit and it wouldn't parry, other times I would be able to count almost a half second between the block and the attack and I would parry the attack. I love the parry system and would like to see this tightened up in future games. It had the affect of making me dodge around in most lightsaber fights, when I would have preferred to parry the attacks (just seems more "Jedi" to me).

- Aside from that, combat it general is really satisfying. Maybe give some more front-loaded abilities in the early game next time. But it's a great take on deadly saber combat. Some of the space wildlife enemies need better tells, but I still enjoyed the vast majority of the combat in this game

- The story turned out really good but it took some time to really get going. It was like the first two or three planets were their own little vignettes and then suddenly the overall plot got really good in the back half of the game.

- In future games I'd like to see more saber forms and styles with different animation sets a la different weapons in Dark Souls. I think I mentioned so earlier but hey. Also, I'd like to see different cosmetic outfits. I don't think a stat system needs to be in place, but different outfits rather than just reskins would be nice. Gotta look like a Jedi eventually.

- The tech issues are still abundant. Nothing kills the mood like the final boss spawning in a T-Pose in plain view. The frame rate hurts a lot too. Hopefully the sequel will be better about this since they have a base design and it'll be next-gen.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearly done with the story (I think) and the lack of polish is really annoying at times.
Titanfall 2 was such a smooth thing, a perfect pop adventure that was a total joy.

Here I had so much jank and stutter crap last night, mixed with weird filler stuff that did nothing.

And just a question because I must have missed something:
Why did Cere hand Cal her light saber? At first I thought he is to use that crystal in his, but no. You get a new one. So he fixes her saber, never mentions it again and even when going back to the ship. NO word about it. Is he going to toss it to her in the last sequence? Dumb if true

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm nearly done with the story (I think) and the lack of polish is really annoying at times.
Titanfall 2 was such a smooth thing, a perfect pop adventure that was a total joy.

Here I had so much jank and stutter crap last night, mixed with weird filler stuff that did nothing.

Why did Cere hand Cal her light saber? At first I thought he is to use that crystal in his, but no. You get a new one. So he fixes her saber, never mentions it again and even when going back to the ship. NO word about it. Is he going to toss it to her in the last sequence? Dumb if true
Console version must be rough. I haven't had many pc issues.

fl1ppyB

Jun 11, 2018

There's a data entry that says Cere had sold the crystal from her lightsaber to help Greez pay off gambling debts. I think he uses other parts from hers and his busted one to make his new one? He pulls them both out when making the new one. Not sure.

Nov 2, 2017

It's because Cal's was broken by Jaro in that vision he had in front of the tomb in Dathomir. Cere gave him her's so the other half of his lightsaber would work.

Her lightsaber will be there for the rest of the game.

That is one of the many things that happened in this game that made me think it was rushed to meet the holiday season. I thought that entire sequence was a contrived way of having you go to Illum.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I clearly play games slow, I just got Pull, so I am wondering approximately how far I am % wise through the campaign?
I do have 5 stims already though and see some people who are clearly much further than me talking about only having 3, so I am also thinking maybe I also just did a lot more backtracking than most.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
is it just me or does this game do tombs better than tomb raider? i'm at the second tomb on Zeffo (Tomb of Miktrull) and i'm loving it. neat stuff going on here.

btw how far am i into the game? loved the reveal of THE SECOND SISTER and how all that played out.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
How old is Cal supposed to be? I just assumed he was mid-20s, like the actor that plays him, but that's not possible, being that he was a child during Order 66 (and this game takes place just five years after).

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
anyone else playing on the easiest difficulty and not giving a fuck? having a blast, and I feel that a jedi should always feel overpowered :D

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Stay the fuck off Youtube when a big game comes out.
I think this is exacerbated by the fact that it's Star Wars, so if you've seen Star Wars stuff on Youtube then it plasters everything full with spoiler videos. I've never really had an issue with Youtube putting spoiler videos in my feed but it sure happened in this case. I don't particularly care about spoilers but it was a bit annoying.