• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Also am I the only one not using the double lightsaber. Proper hyped to get it, but ehh it ain't that strong.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's good when you're surrounded by small creatures or when you're parrying a lot of blaster fire at once. Otherwise I think it sucks and is way less satisfying than single blade.

I was half expecting Cal switching on the second blade during some scripted parts of boss fights and shear the enemy's head off, but he doesn't seem to think of it, alas.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
It's good when you're surrounded by small creatures or when you're parrying a lot of blaster fire at once. Otherwise I think it sucks and is way less satisfying than single blade.

Yeh sorry, that's the only time I use it aswell. Legit the only 2 occasions. Even then, sometimes it's a bit too much hassle to change the lightsaber for a second haha.

Maybe once I unlock that particular move, I may see myself using it more

Oct 26, 2017
Ok am I the only one who prefers the single blade over the double? Whenever I tried using it against the 9th Sis I would always die, and then wrecked her ass first try with the single blade. Also, the double blade ruined the aesthetic of my lightsaber I had going it used to look so sexy :(

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
I really wished the meditation points became fast travel points once you've finished. I like the look of the holomap but I find it quite hard to use for path mapping.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm near the end of the game and have been mostly enjoying it. I'm not a big fan of the combat (but I get why others are), so I bumped it down to the easiest difficulty. Cal is such a bland protagonist, that I doubt a direct sequel would be all that appealing to me. What do I want (and flashbacks and Dathomir only reinforce it), is a Clone Wars era game.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Just finished... wow that ending sequence.

Overall it was a great game. The inevitable sequel has so much potential.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Just beat
the 9th sister.
That was a lot harder than everything that happened before it and not in a particularly fun way.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Ok am I the only one who prefers the single blade over the double? Whenever I tried using it against the 9th Sis I would always die, and then wrecked her ass first try with the single blade. Also, the double blade ruined the aesthetic of my lightsaber I had going it used to look so sexy :(
Youre not the only one! I massively preferred the single even when facing groups. Only used double for deflecting blasters.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

I think the single blade does more damage, the double blade seems like it's more for crowd control.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Double Blade for big group fights and crowd control, single for 1v1 fights is my preferred. also I think how the game designed them to be used.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Am I the only one that dreaded going under water fearing a boss fight like in Star Wars Shadows of the Empire's sewer level boss?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Went back to the Mantis to check on my plants...

They have not grown! Nooo

So now I literally have to wait for plants to grow for my plat. This is worth it.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Went back to the Mantis to check on my plants...

They have not grown! Nooo

So now I literally have to wait for plants to grow for my plat. This is worth it.

that was the last thing I needed to do. It seems like it makes them grow the further away you are from the ship. I just did like 3 loops around kashyyk. All the way to the tree tops and back and they were finally grown

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
that was the last thing I needed to do. It seems like it makes them grow the further away you are from the ship. I just did like 3 loops around kashyyk. All the way to the tree tops and back and they were finally grown
I already did that twice before because I missed a plant there and had to go back because of an encrypted log... Think I'll try idling outside the ship. It's weird, I spent a good chunk of time on Zeffo cleaning up and even had to go to both tombs again... Hope I can finish this tonight.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Getting near the end and I feel like an absolute monster in combat. Some of the later abilities in tandem with each other are so good it's incredible.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How do I get back into the
tomb of Miktrull?
I'm missing some stuff there but can't figure out how to get back there.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
How do I get back into the
tomb of Miktrull?
I'm missing some stuff there but can't figure out how to get back there.

You have to go in the way you came out. There should be an elevator taking you to the top of the map from inside the imperial dig site (I think that's the name) area and you run along some walls again and enter the large elevator going back down into the tomb. I just had to do this last night as well.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You have to go in the way you came out. There should be an elevator taking you to the top of the map from inside the imperial dig site (I think that's the name) area and you run along some walls again and enter the large elevator going back down into the tomb. I just had to do this last night as well.
Thanks! I flew around the map and finally found that elevator again.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing they definitely have to fix for the sequel is to have multiple landing places for the ship. I will certainly not 100% the game if that means I have to get to the farthest edges of the shadowlands on Kashyyyk to get one useless secret I missed and then track back all the way to the ship.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Playing on ps4pro and these are my thoughts so far. Graphics are average, combat isn't as fluid as GOW/Nioh/souls games. Platforming is pretty crappy compared to uncharted or tomb raider. The story is just okay (maybe I'll enjoy it more when I complete the game and get the whole story). I can deal with everything I listed so far, but damn the loading and frame rate drops are pretty annoying. Another thing I dont like is all the back tracking. These worlds so far aren't that interesting to me, and the holo map sucks.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I prefer the single blade too for most combat encounters, double is mostly nice for crowd control.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The plants have grown and I got my plat.

One thing they definitely have to fix for the sequel is to have multiple landing places for the ship. I will certainly not 100% the game if that means I have to get to the farthest edges of the shadowlands on Kashyyyk to get one useless secret I missed and then track back all the way to the ship.
Definitely. There are shortcuts sure, but a planet like Zeffo is huge and you're looking at hours of cleanup if you have items left over on different ends of the planet. For most of the game I was sure there was going to be some sort of (limited) fast travel later, but when I read here there wasn't, I made sure to be thorough in my first exploration. For some planets the map has issues too, especially if you want to track and figure out a path.

Even though I had issues with it, this game definitely wet my SW appetite again. And Mandalorian even more. I've ordered the last season of Rebels as I still need to watch that and I feel like going through a best of Clone Wars again too. Waiting for a digital sale of the last volume of Charles Soule's Vader series as well. That comic is a total blast and even takes place in the same time period as this game, also has Inquisitors. Would recommend it to anyone.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not ashamed to say i'm enjoying this the most on the easiest difficulty. Gaps are too big between difficulties though. Either way makes me with the Souls games had a story difficulty too.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
A nice pic I took

WBqidpE.png

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The dual blade isn't for things like that. It's for mass enemies. Especially blaster enemies - the dual saber if you parry and hold will reflect every blaster shot. IE: the chain gun style troopers with the shields, where 1 reflect does nothing, you can instantly kill with dual saber

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would like to thank who ever came up with the idea of a solid white screen everytime you go in/out of meditation, my corneas have never been better.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017

There is actually something story related there that let's you fast travel back
to the start of the Shadowlands, then you are close to the tram/elevator back to the ship.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Just beat
the 9th sister.
That was a lot harder than everything that happened before it and not in a particularly fun way.

It's a tough fight. Really made me wish that a couple of stims were given to you in the course of the story, because I only had three at that point.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I'm enjoying this less and less the further I get. There's a lot of jank and ugly technical issues, it just doesn't feel very polished. Also some pretty jarring difficulty spikes that are making it frustrating (playing on 2nd highest difficulty, and I don't want to turn it down since I don't want the game to completely lack any challenge).

Also not really finding the combat much fun. It tries to be Dark Souls lite in that regard, but it's very far from it. Just doesn't feel nearly as good.

Gonna keep playing, but I doubt this will be making my top 10 list for the year.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Man this game is in rough shape. I've had 2 total crashes to the PS4 dashboard... (one before patch, one after.)
And now, even after the patch, I will get to a new area, and have everything just freeze for like, 15-20 seconds. (maybe loading a new area?) This is like, game dev 101 stuff...

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
i was surprised at The Second Sister being Cere's padawan

Also did Star Wars just introduce its first LGBTQ+ character?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Jeesh, my grandmaster run is solidifying my earlier stance that the wildlife is way harder than humanoids (more frustrating). The Jotaz tracking BS stings more when he 1 shots your ass.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Pretty spectacular final boss encounter. I had so much fear since I was down to nearly zero stim packs and my health was shit

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I need help with a collectible early on in Kashyyyk. It's right near the beginning in the room where you get the overcharge ability after you're attacked by the giant spider. I just see no way to get the collectible even with moving the zipline posts around.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I need help with a collectible early on in Kashyyyk. It's right near the beginning in the room where you get the overcharge ability after you're attacked by the giant spider. I just see no way to get the collectible even with moving the zipline posts around.

I'm guessing it's the one where
there's an item where you can't get to because it involves going UPWARDS on a zipwire?

If so. You can get it later when
BD-1 gets an upgrade that means he can power uphill on zipwires