• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They need to give the "stims restore force power" earlier too so you don't have to compromise strong attacks with slows and pushes.
Edit: or the ground pound dash attack combo which is way more fun than trying to parry for 5 minutes lol

Yea you are so extremely limited in what you can and can't do in the this game till much later on. By the time you start feeling good with your gameplay options, the game is nearing the end. The stamina thing is a huge thing, you have all these special moves you can do but you can barely use them in the game until you upgrade a ton.

They needed to give players more abilities/moves earlier to let us have more fun, cause the game just gets more fun with options. But you are so incredibly limited for so long in this.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Yea you are so extremely limited in what you can and can't do in the this game till much later on. By the time you start feeling good with your gameplay options, the game is nearing the end. The stamina thing is a huge thing, you have all these special moves you can do but you can barely use them in the game until you upgrade a ton.

They needed to give players more abilities/moves earlier to let us have more fun, cause the game just gets more fun with options. But you are so incredibly limited for so long in this.
Yeah, the ability spread needs to be a little more front loaded. Or at least a NG+ option should be added in which you keep you unlocked abilities for a second playthrough (obviously with certain abilities locked until the story upgrades are obtained).

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is the game installed on the internal drive or an external drive? I had this same issue when I started on Bogano and when I had the game installed on an external drive but since switching the install to the internal drive, it's been pretty consistent at around 30 seconds for me (which is still long!). Just curious.
Game is installed on the internal HDD. I never had such a long one since launch day. Respawn fucked up on this one. Game is janky as hell on consoles I'm not optimistic about a patch fixing any of those issues.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well I'm about to buy this for Xbox One X but it's uglier than I thought watching some HQ gameplay videos. Surprised at that thread claiming the game and hair and such were next gen quality.

I do like the overall look and it looks high budget, but it isn't that sharp or polished in some things.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The Imperial security droids (same ones as K-2SO from Rogue One) spam the same ground throw from the first clip here:

It seems kinda cheesy to me that they took a one-off move from a scene in RO and turned it into a standard security droid maneuver, but whatever, this is the same franchise that does stuff like this all the time. lol

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm about to buy this for Xbox One X but it's uglier than I thought watching some HQ gameplay videos. Surprised at that thread claiming the game and hair and such were next gen quality.

I do like the overall look and it looks high budget, but it isn't that sharp or polished in some things.

The asset quality is ridiculously high and it does really shine when playing locally on the pro consoles, as much as the jank does reduce the overall quality of experience.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

I would never call it next-gen, and I can't speak to how it looks on consoles, but the game does look pretty good in motion on a high end PC at 60 fps

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
How are people playing on Grand Master enjoying it? I'm about 10 hours in on Jedi Master and the combat is janky enough to make it slightly frustrating. Like Sekiro, most of the abilities/skills are highly situational and a lot of the combat counters can be solved without engaging with any of those.

I'm wondering if this is a KH2FM situation where playing on the highest difficulty makes those options much more necessary.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So i'm trying to get all the collectibles on
Zeffo
and i can't seem to get back into the
Tomb Of Miktrull

How do i get in here? I havent finished the game yet (pretty sure i'm about to though) but I wanted to get collectibles before i do that :/

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So i'm trying to get all the collectibles on
Zeffo
and i can't seem to get back into the
Tomb Of Miktrull

How do i get in here? I havent finished the game yet (pretty sure i'm about to though) but I wanted to get collectibles before i do that :/
There's a path in the Imperial Headquarters that brings you to a lift that will take you back in. If you look on the map, it'll be directly above the tomb.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game but it seems like the game has major frame-pacing issues. RT shows the game running rather consistently at 60fps but it far from smooth in observation. Running at 1440p on a g-sync monitor w/ a GTX 1080. Have the framerate capped at 60fps in RT.

Haven't really played around with settings much.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Does anyone feel like the patch made things a little easier? Like the bigger monsters aren't as aggressive? I'm playing on PS4 Pro, Jedi Master.

Before the patch, I was at the prison gauntlet fight. Was struggling a bit to juggle all the baddies. The next night, post patch, it felt like they moved slower and didn't spam their moves as much, especially the larger monsters. Got through on my first try after the patch. Maybe it was just coming to the fight fresh after a break, but definitely felt easier.

Oct 27, 2017
After finishing this I want to play the sequel already. It's more Star Wars than the new Star Wars movies and there's a stupid amount of potential in what they built so far.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

There are parts that look absolutely stunning. But it's not consistent. There are parts of the game where it doesn't look hot at all.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so the first purge trooper, i probably tried like 30 times to get him ._.

i finnally throw him out of the ledge

people playing on grand master, does it gets easier as you unlock more skills and upgrades?

because the game is kicking my ass

Oct 28, 2017
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok that's my fucking breaking point fuck this game it is not worth my time. So now that I have force pull I decide to go back to Zeffo to go back to that tomb to get past that one obstacle that was impossible to get past before. So I take a long ass trek because this stupid game doesn't have fast travel, make my way through this confusing map to get there. Use force pull on this one obect to climb up to this secret area......ONLY TO THEN BE GATED BY ANOTHER BIG BLOCK I'M NOT ABLE TO MOVE YET! I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO TRAVEL ALL THE WAY HERE TO GET PAST THIS ONE BLOCK ONLY TO BE FUCKING BLOCKED BY ANOTHER?!

Fuck off if you waste my time like this your game doesn't deserve to be played anymore. I'm done.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Sit down kid we're about to land"

The more I play the more I'm falling for this game's charm.

I'm actually loving the combat (playing on Jedi Master). So many games make the mistake of raising enemy difficulty as you level your character, but Fallen Order doesn't fall into that trap. Easier fights fittingly convey the arc of a young Padowan learning and developing into a fully fledged Jedi. I've still got a few moves to unlock but having all sorts of fun flinging enemies around and experimenting with moves.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Played a TON yesterday, swear I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to the end.
just got the Holocron stolen by Trilla but I have her lightsaber. So gotta go to the fortress

I hope there will be some kind of dlc. I love the game but its not one of those I'll go back and play from the start.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok that's my fucking breaking point fuck this game it is not worth my time. So now that I have force pull I decide to go back to Zeffo to go back to that tomb to get past that one obstacle that was impossible to get past before. So I take a long ass trek because this stupid game doesn't have fast travel, make my way through this confusing map to get there. Use force pull on this one obect to climb up to this secret area......ONLY TO THEN BE GATED BY ANOTHER BIG BLOCK I'M NOT ABLE TO MOVE YET! I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO TRAVEL ALL THE WAY HERE TO GET PAST THIS ONE BLOCK ONLY TO BE FUCKING BLOCKED BY ANOTHER?!

Fuck off if you waste my time like this your game doesn't deserve to be played anymore. I'm done.
After you have force pull, there are no more force powers for manipulating blocks. If the block in question is highlighted in red, it's because you can't move it from your current position. You have to solve the puzzle of that area, not wait until you get the appropriate power

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I beat it yesterday, about 15 hours on PC. I started on XB1X but the hitching/stuttering got so bad it made fights a chore, so I took a chance on the PC version with Origin Access Premier. Thankfully it ran great for me (and thank goodness for Microsoft being cool enough to give me a refund, even with more than two hours of gameplay) from start to finish, small stutters aside. I guess those are just nearly universal with this game regardless of where you play it?

I didn't do nearly as much exploring near the end as I did early on, plenty of cosmetic upgrades still out there. And as much as I enjoyed my time, there are sooooo many other games waiting for me, so rather than go searching for those remaining items I'll just move on, content.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm at the end and I'm honestly beating the game out of obligation as opposed to genuine interest. There's only been one interesting character so far and all I can think is why the game isn't about them. Cal is flat and boring, his crewmates are equally boring and near non-existent. And, the story is just so middling.

That character is Merrin by the way. When she finally stepped out and became an actual character I was just blown away how much more interesting she is as opposed to Cal.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm nearing towards the end.

And yeah, this is most likely my GOTY with A Plague Tale as my runner-up.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't love it but I've come to the conclusion that these games are not really for me. I can't get into any sort of rhythm with the combat like I can with GOD OF WAR or DMC. It's the same reason Bloodbourne & Sekiro were hard for me, though those games feel tighter to me. Story hasn't gripped me at all either, but apparently the ending is wild, so I'm in until the end.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm at the end and I'm honestly beating the game out of obligation as opposed to genuine interest. There's only been one interesting character so far and all I can think is why the game isn't about them. Cal is flat and boring, his crewmates are equally boring and near non-existent. And, the story is just so middling.

That character is Merrin by the way. When she finally stepped out and became an actual character I was just blown away how much more interesting she is as opposed to Cal.
Too bad her voice acting is one of the worst i have seen in a video game. Her acting is anakin level bad. Wooden deliveries.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so the first purge trooper, i probably tried like 30 times to get him ._.

i finnally throw him out of the ledge

people playing on grand master, does it gets easier as you unlock more skills and upgrades?

because the game is kicking my ass

as soon as you are able too, skill more health and more heal when using a stim. it is still fairly unforgiving but the upgrades help.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I guess I don't have high standards, but I enjoy it a lot on my X. I also think it looks fantastic. I play in quality mode.

I didn't have experienced any glitches or visual issues yet, so that might help.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You must be doing something wrong or not noticing something, because I can't remember at any point running into an unpassable obstacle in any of the tombs. You should have all of the tools necessary to fully finish each tomb when you get there as part of the story.

OmegaMori

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I have never seen any of the newer Star Wars movies is this game tie into them in any way ? I am not a huge SW fan but the gameplay for this looks awesome I love the Dark Souls type games

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
will do

also using the force for the "strong" attack is bullshit!
It's especially worse that the attacks can be interrupted and thereby completely wasting force power

Edit:
So I have never seen any of the newer Star Wars movies is this game tie into them in any way ? I am not a huge SW fan but the gameplay for this looks awesome I love the Dark Souls type games
There's a cameo from a character in Rogue One but that's all I've seen of the new films so far

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Getting close to the end of my second playthrough. Going to have 100% on every planet this time. I want the sequel to have all the same good stuff of this, but be even more of an ARPG.

I want even more opportunities to chat with the crew, and have them be more involved. Like loyalty missions. No reason you shouldn't be able to pick, or swap between Cal and Merrin. Cal would be stronger with a lightsaber, while Merrin has more force powers like a consular.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The metrioidvania approach is such a downside when you on't have fast travel. I wanted to stop and return to some of the lower levels of Dathomir as opposed to continuing the story as I had all powers now and saw some routes I hadn't explored. Cue me trying to figure out how to get to these "new" areas for the next 40 minutes as I try to go backwards through an area only to discover it's actually impossible, as far as I could tell, and I'd have to go all the way back to the start and go through an entirely different route to get to this one small unexplored area. Fuck that.

Game Makers Toolkit recently did a breakdown of the Metroid Prime games and perfectly noted some of the problems regarding the level design in those games and Fallen Order just doubled down on those mistakes. I feel actively discouraged to go back to areas after unlocking new powers because of this frustration.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After finishing this I want to play the sequel already. It's more Star Wars than the new Star Wars movies and there's a stupid amount of potential in what they built so far.
Simply love the nod to the PT, and how the story from RotS sits as the backdrop for everything. Something about PT ships that makes me feel so nostalgic for Starwars. Didn't feel that for ST.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hypothetically speaking what would you want for a dlc?

I want a Trilla dlc. I really like her unmasked design

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Reached the second boss on Dathomir and i still think the boss fights in this game are trash lol.

parrying in this game is janky ass fuck.

Also the tracking on bosses unblockables are infuriating as hell.

Last edited:

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
With that said, can somebody explain the following from a developers perspective: why is the game able to set you back immediately when you fall of a cliff, but when you die because of on enemy, you have to wait 30 seconds? Oh and while we're at it, why do fallen enemies magically disappear from the ground? Do they eat op memory? Why don't they eat up memory when they are alive? And why can From software games leave all enemies on the ground forever (until you rest/respawn) with full ragdoll physics on them?

Most likely because the game doesn't have to respawn anything when you jump off a cliff.