• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Legit question:

What's up with the poncho fixation? Hell no my Jedi is not wearing any poncho. I completely ignored that customization menu
2.jpg

tumblr_inline_oubiz23CNQ1rr1hbx_250.png

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, anybody wanna hit me up with some nice farming methods? Like, what is the by far best place to farm early in the game. I just want to unlock all the attacks early since i heard there's no ng+.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I dunno if I have the energy/time to 100% this.

have a few things left on every planet but no more unexplored areas or green spots on the maps. Wandered around for a bit but it seems unlikely I'll find everything.
Almost have the skill tree finished so I'll do that. Probably done after that.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So uh, anybody wanna hit me up with some nice farming methods? Like, what is the by far best place to farm early in the game. I just want to unlock all the attacks early since i heard there's no ng+.
afaik....skill trees are unlocked story wise? So you will only be able to unlock so many attacks at beginning. U get lots of XP in normal course of playing. Enough to at least lean in one direction. Like i didnt use any points for attacks until halfway thru. I used all points for health and force power stuff

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearing the end of the game with every planet 90% + explored. I wish there are at least a couple of more planets.

I don't want it to end.

Yeah, I just have the final mission left, and I don't want it to end. 28 hours with all my backtracking. I have 95-98% on the planets, so 100% shouldn't be bad.

Please let there be a SW Jedi Fallen Order 2....and 3. 🤩

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking dig this game. Finally a piece of Star Wars content that feels like actual Star Wars, while still doing something fresh.

The Nightsister stuff is pure EU goodness.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Great OT.

Looking forward to firing this one up when I get home tonight.

Seems like its got some of the best saber combat we've had in a while.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to recommend against getting into a grinding mindset. You'll have plenty of time to use your favorite abilities.
You get big chunks of XP for collectibles like sense memories and scans so progressing through the game normally is probably more efficient anyway.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, I just have the final mission left, and I don't want it to end. 28 hours with all my backtracking. I have 95-98% on the planets, so 100% shouldn't be bad.

Please let there be a SW Jedi Fallen Order 2....and 3. 🤩
Yup! Looking forward to the sequel. It's a good mold, they only need to improve on it.

I fucking dig this game. Finally a piece of Star Wars content that feels like actual Star Wars, while still doing something fresh.

The Nightsister stuff is pure EU goodness.
Yeah, this feels like a long Star Wars movie, or maybe a series. So good.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm getting very annoyed. I thought I had a shortcut to get back to the ship so I went back down a path, and now it turns out that elevator isn't functional and now I have to go an absurdly long way to get back up. Why the fuck doesn't this game have any sort of fast travel?!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just started the game and completed the intro a bit ago.

For those who have played Sekiro, you know how you can just hold L1 to block, then let go of it and press again before an attack hits to parry, eliminating any possible risk? That's not possible in this, right? I tried it, but kept getting hit.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game and completed the intro a bit ago.

For those who have played Sekiro, you know how you can just hold L1 to block, then let go of it and press again before an attack hits to parry, eliminating any possible risk? That's not possible in this, right? I tried it, but kept getting hit.

This game is go for the parry (early versus later), then keep holding block if you miss. You can't parry again immediately after an attempt, there is a short cool down. You'll more easily see this deflecting lasers. If you fail to time the first right and release to try again, you'll get hit, so just hold block and try next volley.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This game is go for the parry (early versus later), then keep holding block if you miss. You can't parry again immediately after an attempt, there is a short cool down. You'll more easily see this deflecting lasers. If you fail to time the first right and release to try again, you'll get hit, so just hold block and try next volley.
Makes sense, thanks for the heads-up.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hold block after you parry and it will block subsequent shots.
Hold the button after getting the deflect, automatically blocks everything.

Indeed. Found out myself after posting that by accidentally doing that. Haha I think I was so used to some of the sekiro moves.

Also lovingggg the game! The first world was quite bland, after the bombastic intro.

But the game picked up again straight after that. Trying to reach and obtaining force push was brilliant.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Thanks to jumping on Origin Premier I am finally playing this!

About 2 hours in and the graphics on PC are really great. Music sounds like I'm in the movies. Gameplay is OK so far. They sure do like climbing/sliding down ramps/crawling through tight gaps in this game WOW there is a lot more of that than I expected.
I've managed to parry some but not nearly every time I try. Animals seem harder than humanoids to me and groups are trouble!
But overall it's been fun so far. Cal is hot as hell and super distracting (lol)

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
After more than 10 hours some aspects of the game become a bit tiring. Like, I get Souls are the inspiration, but do we really need respawning enemies...?

Still fun though.

Question.
Can you beat the bounty hunter that catches you or you can't win?

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finished the game last night - 25Hrs all up with a fair bit of exploring. I decided to go back and
run through the Destroyed Star Destroyer (Venator) on Zeffo. Pretty amazing that Star Destroyer is completely optional as it is fairly huge
:)

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Just finished it! What an amazing game. I especially liked the ending since it was quite unexpected and incredibly exciting. I hope we'll get more Star Wars games like this in the future. Well done Respawn.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I fucking love the feel and look of combat in this game. The sound design is punchy and varied with the force powers sounding powerful af.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I'm not finished yet, but I'm really loving it so far. It feels like a dream Star Wars game to me! Not that it's perfect by any means, but I'm sitting in amazement that I'm actually playing such a fun, great looking Star Wars game!

My only little gripes right now are how you have to tap LT/L2 to grab certain climbing walls when you automatically grab ledges. I almost wish you had to hit the trigger both to climb walls and to grab ledges, for consistency. I also think it would feel better if you had to keep holding the trigger to hang on. The other nitpicks are just that the aerial stealth attack doesn't have a cooler attack animation (spoiled by Sekiro) and that the wall run animation isn't smoother.

Just some small nitpicks I wanted to express that aren't ruining the great time I'm having with the game overall (I'm playing on Xbox One X).

My love for Respawn holds strong, thank you!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
It says so, right there, in the popup, when you pick it up.
kmzhF3Q.png

Biggg spoiler that!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Luckily I already kinda knew since I went into rebind control settings...

Clearly I am at the start of the game and haven't picked up what you just put in spoilers...
Nor did I get that particular hint. Kinda annoyed now that I know it's a thing for sure.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Big fan of the game.. but holy shit SO MANY BUGS. Straight up pieces of environment disappearing, falling through the world, triggers not responding, yikes.

The art direction and final sequence of events though... wow.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Biggg spoiler that!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Luckily I already kinda knew since I went into rebind control settings...

Clearly I am at the start of the game and haven't picked up what you just put in spoilers...
Nor did I get that particular hint. Kinda annoyed now that I know it's a thing for sure.
I guess you were misquoted? Not that it's really a spoiler, it's in the trailers and menus and advertisements. And you can get it at the beginning of the game.