• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So many casual players on my social media are hating this game cause of how difficult they are finding it, and frustrated at constant dying. Even on the easier setting the game is pretty tough for the casual non action gamers

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Nope, there's not really any stealth in this game. That's a good idea for a potential sequel though

Ah I see thx. Yeah it would be cool for a sequel, since they could mechanic in a choice on how to navigate levels with stealth or no killing like I imagine the Jedi in hiding actually do, trying to calm local fauna as well.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I love how you can just push or pull the hardest enemies right off a cliff, as it should be. Gravity is a bad motherfucker.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Want to know one of my biggest issues with the parry system in this game? Attack being on Square but parry being on L1. I keep trying to riposte after a successful parry and my muscle memory hits R1, which means I use Slow and waste the riposte window. :|
First thing I did was put attack on R1/RB and the Y/Triangle to R2/RT lol

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It really does need a fast travel system. I get why you couldn't in story mode, but post-game cleanup is a real drag sometimes
Yeah I get why it's not there during the main campaign, because there's a lot of little story moments that happen in between those meditation points, but once you beat the game and they dump you back into the world to go for 100% completion, you should get a new option to warp to different points.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Except that I never talked about how hard parries are. It's all about the feedback you get when doing one

If you look at the other video I did further down, I'm basically showing the differences in terms of audio - visual feedback between blocking and parry, on one of the fastest regular enemy of the game (I think only the dual wield purge trooper is faster than the nyarak, and the third sister but she's a boss so ...) at grandmaster difficulty (the 0.13 ms timeframe to parry difficulty)

Awww gotcha I see.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
WhoppingWiltedBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Master run has prepared me for Grandmaster!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope whoever designed the rats that pop out of holes randomly is having a bad day wherever they are

It's not random, each hole spawns one rat when you or an enemy move close to it.

My favorite moment in the game so far was encountering a Purge Trooper in a spot where rats can spawn. I kited him from hole to hole, triggering all the rats, then watched them murder him. It was the funniest thing I've seen the entire game so far.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Minor early planet spoilers

Should I go to Kashyyyk or Dathomir after Zeffo? Or back to Bogano?

Nov 7, 2017
It's not random, each hole spawns one rat when you or an enemy move close to it.

My favorite moment in the game so far was encountering a Purge Trooper in a spot where rats can spawn. I kited him from hole to hole, triggering all the rats, then watched them murder him. It was the funniest thing I've seen the entire game so far.
Randomly as in who ever sees them in the first place in dark areas

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
The game is great but I gotta say that there is some really chunky geometry. The platforming is less than stellar sometimes. There is one jump you have to make on the second tomb that I failed over fifteen times for no reason, could not jump far enough and then it finally worked.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine no since there isn't NG+, but I'll ask. Any cosmetics unlock for all future saves after beating the game?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, even dumber than that:
I climbed up to the second floor walkway, force pulled a candle to me, and just dropped it there on the walkway. Then I dropped down to the first floor on the side of the room with the vine, looked up, and pulled the candle to me all the way from the 2nd floor walkway down to the first floor. Then I just chucked it at the vine since I was now on the side that didn't have the wall of water blocking it
I think I was just too focused on using force pull to solve it, since that's the running theme for that area.
that is way more reliable than my solution.
I pulled a candle to me, walked over to the ledge, force pushed it up in the air, jumped down to the starting platform, force pulled the lantern out of the air before it hit the ground, and then walked around to the other side of the waterfall to finish the puzzle. Took like 30 minutes of trying, but it worked eventually!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished a tomb and I really liked that. The force push pull puzzles are neat...once I left the tomb I forgot I have to backtrack all the fucking Way to the ship ..almost made it but died due to a stupid mob fuuuuck now I'm so far behind fuck the backtracking to the ship it's the most annoying shit ever just ruined my mood man..

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a tomb and I really liked that. The force push pull puzzles are neat...once I left the tomb I forgot I have to backtrack all the fucking Way to the ship ..almost made it but died due to a stupid mob fuuuuck now I'm so far behind fuck the backtracking to the ship it's the most annoying shit ever just ruined my mood man..
There are no tombs that require you to backtrack all the way back through the route you originally took to get back to the ship. If you're doing that, then you went the wrong way and missed a shortcut/new route back that is now available

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opinions are so mixed in here I'm not sure whether to get this or not.
I hade wanted another good Star Wars RPG since the KOTOR games :/

I am confident differing buying a year of Origin Premier for 100 bucks. They have a good list of games and I'd get all new games say 1 but...I have to keep it forever to keep access to the games

For what it's worth, this isn't really an RPG in the classic sense. You have skill trees and story, but the game itself is more Prince of Persia than KOTOR - although you can in a limited way choose which planets to prioritize, the game's story is highly linear, and its focus is combat and platforming.

That said, I, although who generally prefers games with more of an RPG flavor, have had a good time with Fallen Order. The story and characters unexceptional but not at all embarrassing, the levels are cleverly designed, and the combat feels good. If you're looking for KOTOR, though, you may be disappointed.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't quite figured out the parrying system. IDK if it's me or if the animations & timings could use a bit of refinement. Wish the game had a photo mode--it's quite the looker. I switched my block to LT for combat, but it has gotten me into trouble when platforming. I don't understand why you need to push a button to initiate a climb SOMETIMES but other times you don't. The sliding stuff is a bit strange too, but I dig the wall running.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm about four hours and I'm having a great time, apart from the map, holy fuck do I hate it.
You hate the map? The map is one of the best implementations of a map in a game I've ever seen. It's easy to navigate, has tons of information, and tells you exactly how many items are left to find. I can't think of anything I don't like about the map other than having to manually switch levels to highlight other sections.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
For what it's worth, this isn't really an RPG in the classic sense. You have skill trees and story, but the game itself is more Prince of Persia than KOTOR - although you can in a limited way choose which planets to prioritize, the game's story is highly linear, and its focus is combat and platforming.

That said, I, although who generally prefers games with more of an RPG flavor, have had a good time with Fallen Order. The story and characters unexceptional but not at all embarrassing, the levels are cleverly designed, and the combat feels good. If you're looking for KOTOR, though, you may be disappointed.

thanks for the insight.
I went ahead and subbed a year of Premier.
Looking at the list of games there are quite a few I have not played and even buying 2 new EA games a year would be more than this sub. It really is turning into subscription world the only bad part is we are in between so I'm subbing to all this stuff but still having to buy games not on a service lol.

I just started Star Wars. I'm not great at games in fever so but chose the 2nd highest difficulty because everyone seems to be saying not to go lower. We shall see!

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You hate the map? The map is one of the best implementations of a map in a game I've ever seen. It's easy to navigate, has tons of information, and tells you exactly how many items are left to find. I can't think of anything I don't like about the map other than having to manually switch levels to highlight other sections.

Agree, it's great.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As a colorblind player I completely hate the map. I can't make out anything on it and it doesn't help me navigate at all.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So has Respawn addressed the performance issues and are they working on a patch already??

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I am really enjoying the game so far, running on 4 hours of sleep, except for a couple of minor gripes:
1) fast traveling
2) enemy tells are not as well pronounced as souls games which makes combat a bit more cumbersome, and
3) the map.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So has Respawn addressed the performance issues and are they working on a patch already??

I just got a Patch on PC (well, like an hour or so ago?) and it seems to have made things worse so that's fun! Just loaded up where I left off and it's unplayable. I turn the camera and it freezes for ages, then I turn it again and freezes again!

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I just feel that whenever I'm using it I need to spend way to much time trying to figure it out, obviously map reading is not one of my strengths lol.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a colorblind player I completely hate the map. I can't make out anything on it and it doesn't help me navigate at all.
Have you try not being colorblind?

In all seriousness, i still dont know why huge company dont make it userfriendly for colorblind people, or bigger subtitles for semi-blind people.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna give this game a try now. Can I just sign up for Origin Premier for 15€ and quit after a month? I have an Origin acc but I've never signed up for their paid service.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, i still dont know why huge company dont make it userfriendly for colorblind people, or bigger subtitles for semi-blind people.
Time and money. Given the performance and visual bugs, it's already clear that this game was released before it was really "ready". Accessibility options unfortunately seem to have fallen into the bucket of "things we can live without for launch"

I wanna give this game a try now. Can I just sign up for Origin Premier for 15€ and quit after a month? I have an Origin acc but I've never signed up for their paid service.
Yep

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I just feel that whenever I'm using it I need to spend way to much time trying to figure it out, obviously map reading is not one of my strengths lol.
Hah, that could be. I was just generally surprised people don't like it, because I distinctly remember saying out loud, "wow that's awesome. I hope more game start doing this." when I noticed that the map shows you want is accessible or not based on your acquired skills.

I did run into some problems trying to view the map in enclosed terrain. Since it's a hologram projected by BD-1, the map did get obfuscated a few times by geometry, causing me to move to an open area then re-open it. That would be my only real gripe though.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Don't read unless you've finished

I will never get tired of peak Darth Vadar wrecking shop. In this, end of Rogue one, the comics. He's just a badass Samurai that squashes everything in his way