• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
EJcR94UXUAMR4bi

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Do I need Force Jump to get through the main story of Dathomir? I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't blocked at the moment. I only have Force Push.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Playing on Grand Master and that part when
you are taken by a Bounty Hunter and has to fight in the arena... god damnit feelt so good when I defeated all the critters

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Since I had about $80 in my Steam wallet that I have not used, I decided to buy it on PC as well as the Xbox One X version. On my PC I can run the game at 4k, Epic Settings minus Shadow down one level and have a constant 60fps in most situations. However....

The little stutters people are complaining about are also in the same EXACT spots that I experience the same exact stutters/minor dips on the Xbox One X. I have the game on the PC installed on a SSD, Titan X Pascal GPU, 3930k OC to 4.8. In the majority of gameplay, like the entire starting part it was rock solid 60fps. But on the first planet, I experience the slight stutters in the same exact areas. In the 1st planet it happens when you are jumping from platform to platform right before you get to the first zip line you go down in the game. Right before reaching the Zip line it does a slight stutter/pause and then re-establishes itself. I just tested this back to back on both the PC and Xbox One X and it happens in the exact same spot.

This leads me to believe that it is definitely a streaming/loading issue. On the X I also have the game installed on a SSD, but copied it to the internal drive and it stutters in the same exact spot...on PC as mentioned it is on a SSD and the same thing. For the most part, I am at rock solid 60fps, 4k with all on Epic except shadows on high and it is pretty amazing looking and smooth...but the slight hitches that I thought were due to the consoles, is apparent and in the same places on the PC. Hopefully Respawn can fix this.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
What the hell is with the crazy long load times after deaths? This is beyond stupid. I'm on a PS4 Pro and am waiting up to a minute or more to respawn. I'm also seeing enemies spawn in so late that they're frozen or sliding around in their first frame of animation. Most of the time I'm actually running past them before they spawn in only to get hit from behind and take damage.

Oct 29, 2017
Having a lot of technical issues in a later game tomb. Very frustrating. I was actually enjoying it a bit more but the issues coupled with long load times are killing it for me now. Hopefully there's a patch sooner rather than later

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
One thing that really annoys me is when you are in the heat of battle getting destroyed and you press for a stim pack but it doesn't happen and you keep getting hit.

When you press the button the health pack should be instant!

RebelDeux

Nov 20, 2017
Oh wow, I'm on my way back to the Mantis after finishing Zeffo (1st round) and it's been a hell of a lifetime to backtrack all the way to the start.

And the sphere's puzzle was very Tomb Raider-ish, so far I've been liking it but I feel like nothing cool has happened yet... only the intro.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So 2 quick question regarding Zeffo:

1. I just acquired force push. On my map I see some kind of container shaped thing way below the map. How do I get there.

2. I quickly checked YT because I needed some help getting through a certain segment. In the video, I also saw that Cal was swimming on Zeffo. Is this correct? I've been spending 3 ours on this planet last night and I did not encounter any swimming at all.

One thing that really annoys me is when you are in the heat of battle getting destroyed and you press for a stim pack but it doesn't happen and you keep getting hit.

When you press the button the health pack should be instant!

No it shouldn't. That's a key part of the combat in such games. Pick your battles, don't get greedy and keep your distance. It's strategy.

What the hell is with the crazy long load times after deaths? This is beyond stupid. I'm on a PS4 Pro and am waiting up to a minute or more to respawn. I'm also seeing enemies spawn in so late that they're frozen or sliding around in their first frame of animation. Most of the time I'm actually running past them before they spawn in only to get hit from behind and take damage.

This is hyperbole or your console is broken. It does not take a minute to load on my pro.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- Cal is a boring fish. And it's fine. Not everyone has to be a quip machine but I don't get trauma either. Just boring fish
- Agree with the "unearned" talk about the companions. Getting a bit of chat here and there still makes it weird that they are best friends all of a sudden
- Turning down the difficulty has made this a lot less terrible
- Really helps to appriciate From Soft more and the art content machine that is Ubisoft. This game could have used a bit more of those. But I understand that Respawn wants to stay smaller.
Yuuuup. As much as I'm liking the game, it really makes me appreciate FromSoftware's games that much more. They make this type of game look easy to make.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
So 2 quick question regarding Zeffo:

1. I just acquired force push. On my map I see some kind of container shaped thing way below the map. How do I get there.

2. I quickly checked YT because I needed some help getting through a certain segment. In the video, I also saw that Cal was swimming on Zeffo. Is this correct? I've been spending 3 ours on this planet last night and I did not encounter any swimming at all.

No it shouldn't. That's a key part of the combat in such games. Pick your battles, don't get greedy and keep your distance. It's strategy.

This is hyperbole or your console is broken. It does not take a minute to load on my pro.

yeah you find an area with a lake on Zeffo, need an upgrade to access it but it's found on that planet.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Just to check, how close to finishing am I? Not sure if I'm at the final boss or not.
I've got the Astrium, and I'm fighting Trilla in the Vault.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
God, there's a story beat in this game that is just amazingly well done. Mmf, delicious.

Thinking you're in a Trilla bossfight, and then Cal getting the jump on her and taking her lighsabre... only to be overcome by the powerful Dark Side Force juju stored in that sabre, allowing you to both see Trilla's backstory and have her escape with the holocron. Beautiful. That's a wonderful use of Star Wars lore and general screenwriting. Love it.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the big spiders so far are the most annoying. The acid spitting snails are kinda bad as well. Everything that spits shit, fuck you.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wildlife ain't no thing, they've got no block meters pshh. So far the hardest regular enemies are still Nightbrothers IMO, I'm right at the end on Jedi Master and the packs of like 4+ nightbrothers with 2 or 3 shooting at you at the same time are still pretty tough. I don't think I've died to a regular enemy in ages though, it really does get pretty simple to feel out their patterns and the enemies just don't scale as highly as you do. My life bar and stims just make them irrelevant at this point.
Are secrets/new areas easily missable or the story takes you through all locations?
The critical path and even the sort of basic side areas will always show the 'you can open this door' or 'you haven't explored here' yellow or green icons on the map. The truly secret areas will not indicate that they exist at all besides you wondering why you're missing a chest in the area. And the data logs you have no idea other than seeing they're missing in your database. It does a good job of feathering the 'I don't want to explore' people that just want to run through, and having various tiers of exploration requirements, and it's definitely not all braindead to figure out.

Jan 11, 2018
So, is this game better than God of War 3? I'm definitely playing it soonish, but it seems like it may be best to wait for a patch or two.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I saw the cohh thoughts video, so the secrets in this game that you find during esploration are almost all cosmetic stuff?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the cohh thoughts video, so the secrets in this game that you find during esploration are almost all cosmetic stuff?
Anything labelled 'secret' is direct power - an extra stim, health or force upgrades. Chests and the like are always cosmetic, yes. It doesn't have equipment. It's almost like it was designed so that you can explore and find secrets for fun.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why's the game completely lie to me and tell me that the blue tomb guardians are vulnerable to
force pull
during strong attacks when they absolutely aren't?

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Anything labelled 'secret' is direct power - an extra stim, health or force upgrades. Chests and the like are always cosmetic, yes. It doesn't have equipment. It's almost like it was designed so that you can explore and find secrets for fun.
How many extra stims are there, anyway? I found one on Zeffo really easily, but none since.
Why's the game completely lie to me and tell me that the blue temple guardians are vulnerable to
force pull
during strong attacks when they absolutely aren't?
They are, though? Any attack that opens up their chest plate - so beams and projectiles - is totally vulnerable to Pull.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, there's a story beat in this game that is just amazingly well done. Mmf, delicious.

Thinking you're in a Trilla bossfight, and then Cal getting the jump on her and taking her lighsabre... only to be overcome by the powerful Dark Side Force juju stored in that sabre, allowing you to both see Trilla's backstory and have her escape with the holocron. Beautiful. That's a wonderful use of Star Wars lore and general screenwriting. Love it.
It was nice, but seems like the empire figured they could drop into the vault while Cal and friends forgot they have a frigging ship, Cere was all about that vault and how she can't get in, yet Trilla bunny hops into the vault and fucks off easily.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
It was nice, but seems like the empire figured they could drop into the vault while Cal and friends forgot they have a frigging ship, Cere was all about that vault and how she can't get in, yet Trilla bunny hops into the vault and fucks off easily.
Doesn't the roof only open when Cal uses the key, though?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Some Combat tips from the Lead Combat Designer

Grandmaster parry window is 0.13s (30fps)

Unless my math is wrong, that's just under four frames@30fps and even lower at higher frame rates, since it seems to be tied to the frame rate.

Are secrets/new areas easily missable or the story takes you through all locations?

Dunno about "easily" missable, since the game keeps track of how many secrets you've found in any given area out of the total for that specific area and shows you on your UI. Areas that are unexplored also mostly appear on the map as well, although you can still get a "98%" completion for some areas anyway, even after having opened all the chests and found all of the secrets.

Yuuuup. As much as I'm liking the game, it really makes me appreciate FromSoftware's games that much more. They make this type of game look easy to make.

You would think that by now someone would have cracked the code, but it doesn't seem like anyone who has tried has come close yet.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten 3 crash (Game quit ) in the last 3h of gameplay. Freez then dashboard straight. (Xbox one x)