• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Welp, I now have a serious bug. This chest isn't counting toward map completion. I have a planet stuck with 1 missing chest and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
then look again, this game stutters often with Kashyyyk the worst area of all. Performance on the Pro is not good in resolution mode and awful in performance mode, don´t even know why there is a "performance mode", makes no sense

sometimes games turn out to be mediocre after a good start, doesn´t mean that i go "i stop here" i payed for the game, so i played through it before i´ve sold it. that was one of them. also i had a morbid curiosity to know what they throw next at you.

The game was stuttering like hell when I decided to go back to the first planet near the end of the game. Like really really obvious drops during fights. But I still stuck with performance mode lol.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I love Bloodbourne/Sekiro/Nioh, but the combat in this is just not clicking with me at all. I'm getting my ass handed to me endlessly by mid-tier enemies because i can't get the timing down. Really jarring and kind of disappointing frankly.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not clicking with the combat system at all. Personally I don't feel the enemies, even mid-tier ones like those fucking ramming goats, telegraph their moves well and playing on Hard gets me slaughtered in like 3 hits. :( Might need to turn down the difficulty.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theres an AI issue on this game. I am on master difficultly and many Times enemies would stand there without attacking.

Shyranui

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Anyone knows when is the earliest that you can go explore 100% a planet? Is it when you get the
double jump
or will I need something more?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Why do we always have to go back to the ship it's so frustratingly and boring

to make the game feel longer than it is. it adds significantly to the overall playtime. i also don´t know what the game gains from those "back to the ship" or "go back to planet a, run route a again till the point where you can go to route b" treks.

they have taken so many things from Rise of the Tomb Raider, should have also taken the fast travel points

Theres an AI issue on this game. I am on master difficultly and many Times enemies would stand there without attacking.

i´ve had 2 or 3 stormtroopers t-posing later on, they were just standing there

Got to the Zeffo homeworld.. I know I'm early on but so far this game is just straight-up boring. Like when does the story or combat get good?

tenor.gif

for real, you gain more combat options but the tropey story is mediocre like the whole game

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they patch out the way the camera fights you when you try and look up while climbing a wall. I want to look up, bro! You point the camera up and a second later it insists on pointing straight back down at you again, like it doesn't want you to see what's coming.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, think I'm done with this. It's no fun, I'm on Zeppo or whatever and trying to keep going through the same sequence of through the factory, up the hill, pop up instant rats, force slow platforms, drop to scout troopers that don't know I'm there until I am in front of them. While being mobbed I am attacked by a stormtrooper with a cannon who doesn't care about his mates and in the horizon there are a bunch of rapidly moving platforms that look like they're a lost artifact from a bad Mario knock off with a load of opportunities for me to fall off the ground before I even get there.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, think I'm done with this. It's no fun, I'm on Zeppo or whatever and trying to keep going through the same sequence of through the factory, up the hill, pop up instant rats, force slow platforms, drop to scout troopers that don't know I'm there until I am in front of them. While being mobbed I am attacked by a stormtrooper with a cannon who doesn't care about his mates and in the horizon there are a bunch of rapidly moving platforms that look like they're a lost artifact from a bad Mario knock off with a load of opportunities for me to fall off the ground before I even get there.

I'm done, too. Just watched the rest of the game on Youtube. Huge disappointment for me.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've not really had any technical issues with the game so far, but now I'm exploring the second tomb and none of the textures are loading..

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Alright, finished it at 100% in 27 hours in Grandmaster but I truly took my time overall. Felt like a really great Star Wars game, I'll replay it down the line in Jedi Master to just have some silly fun with the force and combat. Was pretty good !

Last edited:

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
It's weird as I've just stopped even searching for things now which is my favourite thing in any game but in this there is just no point. It's always a poncho that makes Cal look ginormous.

Imagine if there were things to level up your lightsaber and when you had 0/10 of them it makes it more powerful etc.

Also I've sort of stopped using force powers as half the time I press the button and nothing happens as I don't know how much force I even have until the combat UI comes up. By that time I realise I don't have any and internally sigh.

It definitely has a good 'feel' to it as I'm still playing it but at the same time it is ULTRA floaty and hitting enemies just isn't fun - not much seems to break animation frames - especially with the random spiders and animals - they just do hard to see hits and you end up just dodge hit dodge hit forever.

I know it's nothing like Sekiro and not on the same level but in that I felt like a god and in this I feel like a gangly giraffe with a laser beam sword.

Last edited:

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Think i'm in the last 3rd of the game now, still love it but man it feels like this should have been a april release to iron out some of teh mechanics. it's a very soli d game but feel a little under cooked. hopefully the game gets some suppport.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird as I've just stopped even searching for things now which is my favourite thing in any game but in this there is just no point. It's always a poncho that makes Cal look ginormous.

Imagine if there were things to level up your lightsaber and when you had 0/10 of them it makes it more powerful etc.

Also I've sort of stopped using force powers as half the time I press the button and nothing happens as I don't know how much force I even have until the combat UI comes up. By that time I realise I don't have any and internally sigh.

It definitely has a good 'feel' to it as I'm still playing it but at the same time it is ULTRA floaty and hitting enemies just isn't fun - not much seems to break animation frames - especially with the random spiders and animals - they just do hard to see hits and you end up just dodge hit dodge hit forever.

I know it's nothing like Sekiro and not on the same level but in that I felt like a god and in this I feel like a gangly giraffe with a laser beam sword.

when you are lost and you end up in a secret is disappointing because its only a cosmetic and you are still lost.

in other "metroidvanias" getting lost and finding secret gear its great and usually benefits the game. this is one of the games negatives

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
They should just give you a shedload of force by default as it would be what makes it FUN. I just did my usual mid combat "oh I'll go a force push"..BLEEP SOUND. No force.

I'm not even bothering with the force skills in the tree as I can barely ever use them!

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
Any body know how to get that thing up there?
jedifallenorderthing7hkmz.jpg

I already have
double jump
, just in case it is necessary.

Go through the area like you normally would. When you exit the tunnel area, instead of going up the path to the right, cut down the poles infront of you and jump down onto the moving platforms.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
when you are lost and you end up in a secret is disappointing because its only a cosmetic and you are still lost.

in other "metroidvanias" getting lost and finding secret gear its great and usually benefits the game. this is one of the games negatives

this game doesn´t deserve the term "Metroidvania", it is a pseudo Metroidvania at best.

yeah, you get a few items, go back to a planet and open a way that was locked before...mostly to get some cosmetics...how exciting.

the few times the game does that for the story it doesn´t feel Metroidvania because the target destination is always marked on the map and it is more like "you have taken route a on first visit now take obvious route b"

in this game the ultralight Metroidvania aspects only exist for padding and nonsense.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game doesn´t deserve the term "Metroidvania", it is a pseudo Metroidvania at best.

yeah, you get a few items, go back to a planet and open a way that was locked before...mostly to get some cosmetics...how exciting.

the few times the game does that for the story it doesn´t feel Metroidvania because the target destination is always marked on the map and it is more like "you have taken route a on first visit now take obvious route b"

in this game the ultralight Metroidvania aspects only exist for padding and nonsense.

yeah, agree...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck, I just came across
Bing
on Zeffo, I died, and then instead of respawing my screen went completely black, so I had to quit out the game and load it back up again, only to find I'm in a completely different place
some kind of prison?
what the hell happened during that black screen.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Why do we always have to go back to the ship it's so frustratingly and boring
Reminds me of the slow and boring way we had to watch our ship physically fly to the location we picked out on the map in Mass Effect Andromeda and come to think of it the same designer on that is on this game. Someone needs to learn to kill their babies.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kashyyk has many technical problems(PS4).Lots of freezes during some gate openings and also the textures don't load instantly so it looks like a PS1 game for 5-6 seconds.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People talk about it being dark souls esque. But I think sure while it has some design elements in line with a souls title. It's missing the soul/experience and unravelling nature or the story through discovery. It's a lot more like the new God Of War. I guess that kind of draws some inspiration from souls as well. But I think it's probably the closest comparison game I can think of.

The game runs pretty bad on PS4 pro sadly. It's gorgeous. But I'd sacrifice some graphics to get more stability. I know there's a performance mode, but it's a bit too much of a resolution sacrifice for me on a 65" TV.

I probably should have got it on PC. But I'm short on cash and can resell the PS4 copy.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
What the fuck, I just came across
Bing
on Zeffo, I died, and then instead of respawing my screen went completely black, so I had to quit out the game and load it back up again, only to find I'm in a completely different place
some kind of prison?
what the hell happened during that black screen.
You prematurely jumped the gun thinking your game crashed. That's a forced encounter you're scripted to lose and get captured, it's not a death.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the loading in this game some of the worst in recent memory on current consoles? If you die you can expect to easily wait about a full minute to reload. This is on ps4 pro with a ssd drive I put into it too.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I like the game but you see and feel in everything its Respawn its first game in this genre. The combat is oke but its also abit unreliable. Very hard to see pattern attacks from enemies and sometimes you get hit and next time you do.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Is it just me or is the loading in this game some of the worst in recent memory on current consoles? If you die you can expect to easily wait about a full minute to reload. This is on ps4 pro with a ssd drive I put into it too.

i´ve had between 8seconds to maximum 35 seconds, sometimes when dying in the same spot, it is inconsistent...also Pro with SSD

I like the game but you see and feel in everything its Respawn its first game in this genre. The combat is oke but its also abit unreliable. Very hard to see pattern attacks from enemies and sometimes you get hit and next time you do.

it feels dated, when someone told me this is a 2014/2015 game i would believe it. the areas have an artificial feel to them like they were explicitly made to wallrun here and grab a ledge there and not a natural environment, it is gamey in a bad way.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the exploration in this game, love the look and design of the planets, but its a bummer that no fast travel and the respawn of enemies can make the process a bit boring and repetitive

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming up to the end and I'm so sad about that, this is a clear GoTY for me. I've loved every second of it, Respawn did an amazing job.