• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I haven't kept up cause I haven't started the game so I don't want to see much. What's the vibe here, is it amazing? What difficulty should a video game master like me play at. (ok ok I just usually play games on hard but I don't want impossible).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The parry timing on Nightbrothers is fucking impossible. They ALWAYS hit me no matter what I do. I don't understand at all.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up cause I haven't started the game so I don't want to see much. What's the vibe here, is it amazing? What difficulty should a video game master like me play at. (ok ok I just usually play games on hard but I don't want impossible).
It's not perfect (should go without saying, no game is) but it's pretty great. Top tier level design and storytelling/cutscenes. Solid presentation and combat. It's everything you want in a Star Wars game. Play on the 'Hard' difficulty, one up from the default difficulty

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really enjoying my time with the game, my biggest gripe I'd say is the lack of fast travel.

I love exploring and unlocking new routes in the worlds, but going back to a planet and having to retrace all my steps to get to a section I couldn't before is maddening. Some planets like Zeffo are massive, I'm kind of dreading heading back there to unlock those paths all the way in the back of the map.

And why in the world isn't there a "teleport back to Mantis" option? That'd save me a huge headache.
For sure. I should be able to teleport to bonfires a la DS3

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

start on hardest and if it is too much drop down to second highest. but hardest is manageable with a few tricky sections.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The parry timing on Nightbrothers is fucking impossible. They ALWAYS hit me no matter what I do. I don't understand at all.
It's not too hard, just practice on some next to one of the bonfires and you should get the timing down pretty quickly.

Someone tell me when I can start picking up new saber color crystals. I already found out I can't get orange and I'm pissed off.
The answer to this is a spoiler. All I'll say is that it is possible to get other colors. In fact I think it is possible to get orange without the deluxe edition/preorder

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The combat feels middling at best, along with the exploration and constant arbitrary gating. Honestly the best parts to me are when the game goes all Uncharted and turns into a walking set piece.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still early on, but it's okay

Jedi is pretty much a combination of parts made from better games, like Uncharted and Stig's own God of War 3. Nothing really stand out as top notch. The combat, level design, enemy encounters are all fine, but not exciting.

The levels have nice sense of scale, but as others have mentioned, backtracking is a major issue. There are plenty of alternate paths to take, but the collectibles either involve the usual boring text logs (why are we still doing this) or underwhelming customization items that have no bearing on the gameplay.

The combat looks and sounds great, but lacks the precision and weight of similar action games. The controls and mechanics are almost there, but the overall feeling is loose enough to be less satisfying than the games it tries to emulate.

The combat scenarios are the biggest bummer so far. 80% of the combat so far has involved fighting various forms of wildlife. Were it not for the lightsaber, I could have confused this for a Monster Hunter spin-off. Fighting against brain dead Stormtroopers hasn't been very exciting either. The repetition is even worse when you consider that resting at the "Bonfires" respawn all enemies in the area, which not only is nonsensical, but makes the issues with backtracking even worse.

From what I can tell, this seems very much like yet another open-ended action game that would have been better going with a more linear approach.

Are there any optimal PC settings out there? Even with a 2080 super it runs iffy
I'm actually surprised how well it is running for me. RDR2 had me scared that my 1070 loaded PC was down for the count, but I'm getting above 70 FPS with all settings maxed except Shadow Quality. I'm on 1440p as well.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ILOJT2FeipsCXXgtjmANA0ixAQftZ1K3p_LCh6AozNc.jpg

Lowkey love her

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
tfw you fight 2 nydaks and you are glad you got pass that and then game crashes and you lost that progres

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
For those that are beating the game in 20 hours or under are you at 100% with everything or did you just follow the main quest until you finished?

I am finding exploring is a lot of fun and trying to find all the hidden items and areas. For example, I spent a good 4 hours or so on the 2nd planet you go to (the one with the Snow..dont remember the name). When I completed the Tomb and made it back to the ship, I clicked on the planet to see how much I explored and said it was only 36% and that was being there for about 4 hours. I was only at 40% or so on the first planet and went back to it after the 2nd planet and spent another 1 hour or so exploring and still only at 82% or so.

I think this game is really long if you are trying to find everything/explore the worlds 100%....well at least for me it will.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Is there any resolution scaling? If not how well does the dynamic resolution work?
I tv has gone a bit busto so i can only run games at 4k, i would love to play this at 60 fps but i know my 1080 will not be able to deliver that.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Console performance is just dreadful across the board, there's absurd pop-in and the HDR implementation is weak. The technical performance here is just so poor.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I find the writing, characters and overall story really bland, with Cal in particular being a real charisma void. Some of the quips he has as you run around the level sound like they recorded him literally just reading them off the page for the first time, not even in character. And every now and then he slurs a line in a way that's really reminiscent of Hayden Christensen as Anakin.

Buuuut, when *MID-GAME CHARACTER SPOILER* Trilla shows up? Mmf, now we're talking. That girl is living her best life. I wish I was playing as her instead :P

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
The combat feels middling at best, along with the exploration and constant arbitrary gating. Honestly the best parts to me are when the game goes all Uncharted and turns into a walking set piece.

The combat feels like a clunky attempt to imitate God of War. So many instances you dodge and the enemies are spinning in place tracking and attacking you. Doesn't feel anywhere near as dynamic (or satisfying for that matter) as God of War. The hits with the lightsaber don't even feel like they have any impact.

Game is decent. It's nice looking. But the gameplay itself is super flawed to me.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though. How do you climb UP a rope? I can't make it back to the other rope from such a low position. I'm going to wipe from fall deaths because I can't climb up a fucking rope and I'm stuck out here by a secret.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The combat feels like a clunky attempt to imitate God of War. So many instances you dodge and the enemies are spinning in place tracking and attacking you. Doesn't feel anywhere near as dynamic (or satisfying for that matter) as God of War. The hits with the lightsaber don't even feel like they have any impact.

Game is decent. It's nice looking. But the gameplay itself is super flawed to me.

Getting tracked by enemies even after you slow them is some horseshit.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm dying so much more to the shitty platforming than anything. The fucking ice/hill sliding segments are fucking garbage, and the platforming is so floaty feeling and not precise, like the above mentioned rope shit.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying so much more to the shitty platforming than anything. The fucking ice/hill sliding segments are fucking garbage, and the platforming is so floaty feeling and not precise, like the above mentioned rope shit.
Yeah, and the fact that you can jump "off" a side ledge instead of it stopping you is serious bullshit. All that does is force the player to take twice as long to climb to avoid stupid deaths. Great idea, make the tedious shit take longer.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
For those that are beating the game in 20 hours or under are you at 100% with everything or did you just follow the main quest until you finished?

I am finding exploring is a lot of fun and trying to find all the hidden items and areas. For example, I spent a good 4 hours or so on the 2nd planet you go to (the one with the Snow..dont remember the name). When I completed the Tomb and made it back to the ship, I clicked on the planet to see how much I explored and said it was only 36% and that was being there for about 4 hours. I was only at 40% or so on the first planet and went back to it after the 2nd planet and spent another 1 hour or so exploring and still only at 82% or so.

I think this game is really long if you are trying to find everything/explore the worlds 100%....well at least for me it will.
Yup. Exploring is fun, and I always try to find as much as I can before going back to the ship each time. 15 hours so far and I've only been to 3 planets (even though I've gone back to 2 of them due to story reasons), and there's still that one planet unexplored. It'll probably take 25 hours or more for me until I'm done with the game. I don't want it to end.

Also: the rope swinging mechanics. Fuck you, Respawn.
Why? If you want to be sure, always take a back swing once to generate the momentum forward.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to

Kashyyk

How far am I?

Worried that im like 75% through the game :(

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still loving this game, but hopefully in a sequel they expand on the RPG stuff a little more. This is very rpg lite with the skill tree and some cosmetics, but with all the backtracking and exploration just for cosmetics is a little tedious. I want more individual gear customization with maybe some stats associated with it. Light saber customization I felt could have included some stats, ex: A part that gives +5% chance for critical damage or something like that.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this trip back to Zeffo for the second Jedi Tomb. With Trillain my ear talking shit and chewing scenery, and all these unprotected ledges over bottomless pits to gleefully Force Push dudes off, I'm having a hell of a time. Highpoint of the game so far.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. Exploring is fun, and I always try to find as much as I can before going back to the ship each time. 15 hours so far and I've only been to 3 planets (even though I've gone back to 2 of them due to story reasons), and there's still that one planet unexplored. It'll probably take 25 hours or more for me until I'm done with the game. I don't want it to end.

Why? If you want to be sure, always take a back swing once to generate the momentum forward.
Exactly. Have not had one issue with the rope swinging...it is intuitive and easy..not sure how some find it difficult.

I think I am about 15 hours or so. Did the 1st planet at 86% or so, 2nd planet where the first Tomb is at about 36% or so. Still a lot of game left for me.