• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Here's our review - 6/10

"There are pockets of joy and engagement in Fallen Order, but ultimately it feels like a game developed a long time ago, before Star Wars moved on to brighter galaxies far, far away from this."

giphy.gif

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I predicted high 80s. So far it looks possible. Lol at the 6 and justifying with a 3 for DS. Sorry dude, I disagree strongly with your reviews.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused because is downloading something for Fallen Order but at the same time not?

7f5b0eaa03bac4f9011da6e346a59aa5.png

EDIT: Oh unpacking, but shit still why so long?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
No offense to anyone else, but ACG is the only one I'm interested in watching. Just breaks it down so well.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting because there aren't a lot of "average" reviews. People either don't like it very much or they love it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Enemies can directly block lightsaber hits but doors are too hard to imagine being able to be a barrier? Its such a non issue to me when the game opens with
the main character being completely fine after falling 100ft onto a metal slab.

The player can't even climb what look like climbable walls because game.

I shouldn't be okay because enemies using weapons literally designed to fight lightsabers OR lightsaber themselves are .... blocking lightsabers ?

And random doors from villages being also lightsaber proof ? That's more immersion breaking yeah.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Fortnite just dropped an Imperial Stormtrooper skin, no doubt in promotion of this game. It looks so good and I'm looking forward to it closer to the holidays.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Steam's unpacking is getting nearly unacceptable with the file sizes games are approaching. They need to upgrade their DRM method ASAP.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I shouldn't be okay because enemies using weapons literally designed to fight lightsabers OR lightsaber themselves are .... blocking lightsabers ?

And random doors from villages being also lightsaber proof ? That's more immersion breaking yeah.

I mean, Dark Souls has tree branches blocking your progression. It's just a game thing. I get it, but what are they going to do?

Mission

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused because is downloading something for Fallen Order but at the same time not?

7f5b0eaa03bac4f9011da6e346a59aa5.png

EDIT: Oh unpacking, but shit still why so long?

Glad it's not just me. Was confused until I hit play and then it told me it was unpacking it.
25 minutes until unpacked.
Guess I'm going to bed.

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
This game is a Soulslike Tomb Raider wrapped in a lore-packed Star Wars shell. Freakin' LOVE it.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Easy Allies

9.0, Brad the man.

Nice. They got that up fast.

Hell yes, the wait for single-player Star Wars has been too long, can't wait to play!

Digging that music sampled in the review, also that dude at the beginning in the hologram looked and sounded like Tony Amendola from Stargate SG-1, which is very cool.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steam unpacks are like the one area Steam is still way behind others on.

Well, Rockstar's RDR2 was also slow as shit, so maybe they aren't dead last.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
My review at Ars, no score/number:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has incredibly good elements, and they play out exceptionally well in its first three hours. Force-power diversity, combat animations, beautiful opening zones, clever puzzles, and Jedi-salvation stakes could lead anybody to believe they were in for a Star Wars single-player epic worth investing in.
The trouble is, the game begins to run on fumes after those three hours. The presentation declines. The combat suffers from a hamstrung approach to difficulty balance and Force-power generosity. The plot becomes a painfully telegraphed "morality tale," burdened in particular by terribly sold "conflicts" between Cal and his accomplices. The incentives for so much backtracking get bungled.
Each of those issues would be easier to swallow if it appeared in isolation, surrounded otherwise by a game that turned out to be solid-but-redundant in its 12-hour romp. But as a combo platter, the whole package misses its "three great tastes taste great together" sales pitch. I left J:FO unmoved as both a Star Wars fan and an action-adventure gaming fan. Despite its polish and best ideas, I wish I'd just reinstalled both Force Unleashed games, and I encourage anybody eager for a fun, Force-filled, third-person Star Wars experience this year to do the same.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
waiting on biogamer girls review before I purchase