• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Doh! Spent 12 hours pre-loading this on Steam before realising it comes with Origin Premier, refund requested, downloading again... Doubt I'll get to play it for a while anyway, shops open in 40 mins (Australia) and I'll be picking Pokemon up!

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
For those of you that have been playing, how would you say the game ranks compared to past Star Wars titles?

The KotOR series are probably my favorite Star Wars (and in general) games of all time.

This game is looking like it might take the title.
So far with 5 hours in, I'd rank it right up there.

Kotor ended with a bang though, so hopefully this has a similarly well thought out ending.

Call as a protagonist is amazing, I was a bit on the fence with him before release, not now...he has great depth and CamMon is a brilliant actor.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So far with 5 hours in, I'd rank it right up there.

Kotor ended with a bang though, so hopefully this has a similarly well thought out ending.

Call as a protagonist is amazing, I was a bit on the fence with him before release, not now...he has great depth and CamMon is a brilliant actor.
Going to be another Arthur Morgan situation?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Gonna try and hunt me a copy tomorrow. I don't usually play games day one though, so I'm tempted to wait a week or two. You just know there's gonna be a stability patch coming. Gimme that sweet stability, and iron out some bugs while you're at it.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw a great tip earlier
You can get above and there's a hole in the roof you can jump through, do an air attack thingy and you basically start the fight with it at half health. That was enough for me to scrape by.
The difficulty of this game is really picking up, in a good way. Some great fights happening now.

Does the prompt for that attack pop up while you're in midair? I jumped from that spot before and didn't see one but maybe the frog wasn't in the right spot.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you that have been playing, how would you say the game ranks compared to past Star Wars titles?

The KotOR series are probably my favorite Star Wars (and in general) games of all time.

This game is looking like it might take the title.

To early to say. The Tutorial and Introduction was awesome 10/10 territory, but the pacing on the first and second planet is a bit off. It's not bad or anything and quiet enjoyable but there are longer breaks without anything to do other than to climb around. Was cool when Uncharted 1 did it, but it is loosing its appeal on me. Exploration on the first planet was fine, the second is rather long but surprisingly linear. Yes there are many ways I can't go yet and I'll have to return one day with new powers but most forks are dead ends (so far!). Combat is still fun though, wish it would be more prominent.
Still, lot's of Star Wars flair and I love SW.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Does the prompt for that attack pop up while you're in midair? I jumped from that spot before and didn't see one but maybe the frog wasn't in the right spot.
Yes, its just like any other air attack. On one of my attempts the prompt didn't appear. I think it helps to jump into the hole rather than just drop, and make sure you're jumping onto the frog.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Lol got this on Steam. Got another 7-10 hours before I can play. EA can sæck my døck with this. Why the hell wouldn't they synchronize the launch.

Ah well...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
To early to say. The Tutorial and Introduction was awesome 10/10 territory, but the pacing on the first and second planet is a bit off. It's not bad or anything and quiet enjoyable but there are longer breaks without anything to do other than to climb around. Was cool when Uncharted 1 did it, but it is loosing its appeal on me. Exploration on the first planet was fine, the second is rather long but surprisingly linear. Yes there are many ways I can't go yet and I'll have to return one day with new powers but most forks are dead ends (so far!).
Still, lot's of Star Wars flair and I love SW.

yeah, after the introduction the environment felt really artificial and it was boring, this ledge grabbing stuff is a bit lame by now...hopefully the other planets are more interesting

still not know where the Souls/Sekiro comparisons come from, this game here bombards you with bonfires, eh...meditation spots, there is like 50% less combat happening and the level design is more Rise of the Tomb Raider than Fromsoft too. also, the combat isn´t as precise and tight as Fromsofts offerings.

as a non Star Wars fan, i think the presentation is great but the actual gameplay is a bit lacking so far, hopefully it picks up soon

Oct 28, 2019
Played it for a bit, up until the early part of the first planet, and all I can say is

WOW

Game feels near fucking perfect, a perfect amalgamation of Uncharted, Sekiro, Assassin's Creed, every single AAA game of the past decade.

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
So I got a 8700k and a 1070...Monitor is 1440p @ 144hz GSYNC

Should I get this for PS4 pro or for PC?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
So I got a 8700k and a 1070...Monitor is 1440p @ 144hz GSYNC

Should I get this for PS4 pro or for PC?

100% PC

I'm running a 1070 and an ancient i5-2500k, and happily playing at 1440p on a 144 Hz adaptive sync monitor.

FPS usually hovers around 60, up to 70-something in tight spaces, down to 40 something at the absolute worst. Always feels great to play, the only issue is some minor hitching here and there, but that's probably made worse by my old hard drive and CPU

Very pleased with the performance overall and I think the game looks quite nice

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
still not know where the Souls/Sekiro comparisons come from, this game here bombards you with bonfires, eh...meditation spots, there is like 50% less combat happening and the level design is more Rise of the Tomb Raider than Fromsoft too. also, the combat isn´t as precise and tight as Fromsofts offerings.

100% agree, so far.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ey3TPOh.jpg

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
How do I play early on origin? Do I just set my vpn to new zealand and that's it?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Gotta run to Gamestop to get my number for later tonight. I can't believe I'm this excited about an EA singleplayer game in 2019. I'm going to platinum this game EZ.

Is there any inside info on the differences between Xbox One X and Pro? I have both systems and so far I'm leaning Xbox.