• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Got my code 30 minutes after I accidentally spilled water on my pc and it won't turn on :(

I never use FML but maaaannn.... Fml

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I had zero excitement for this game because I was kind of burnt out on Star Wars, but I have Origin Premiere and I just watched Empire Strikes back and The Mandalorian on Disney+ (renewed my interest because, so good) and now I stoked like a child for it. Looks good!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
finished the first planet for now, that felt for sure gamey as hell...might be because of Death Stranding and the ways you interact with the world there but man this "grab a ledge here and run the wall there" in an area that seemed like it was built for exactly that was not really thrilling. felt really artificial like the Rise of the Tomb Raider environments.

also, surprisingly few combat encounters so far

Oct 29, 2017
Played about an hour, and yes, this game is enjoyable and VERY cinematic. As a Star Wars nerd I've been really impressed how completely and utterly the 'Star Wars feel' of this thing is.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
finished the first planet for now, that felt for sure gamey as hell...might be because of Death Stranding and the ways you interact with the world there but man this "grab a ledge here and run the wall there" in an area that seemed like it was built for exactly that was not really thrilling. felt really artificial like the Rise of the Tomb Raider environments

IGN 10/10 inc

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Performance on my base PS4 is starting to get a bit bad the further I go. Loading times are getting ridiculously long, and the game occasionally freezes to load an area. Its nothing game breaking yet but its far from perfect that's for sure.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
finished the first planet for now, that felt for sure gamey as hell...might be because of Death Stranding and the ways you interact with the world there but man this "grab a ledge here and run the wall there" in an area that seemed like it was built for exactly that was not really thrilling. felt really artificial like the Rise of the Tomb Raider environments.

This is my biggest worry.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
This is my most anticipated game for a VERY long time. I loved everything Respawn made recently (TF2 is an absolute favorite of mine) and a SW game made by them is a dream came true.
Looking at the impressions, seems like they delivered at full force again. Pre-ordered, pre-downloaded and %100 ready for tomorrow!

BTW, without spoilers, can anyone give impressions on the story. How is it?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
First planet after intro spoiler, optional enemy:
oggdo91kg5.png

FUCK YOU.

Game is pretty tricky on Jedi Master, but doable. The above enemy must have one- or two-shot me like half a dozen times before I figured him out.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Not gonna lie - all this negative talk about how the platforming is like Uncharted has me hyped. I love Uncharted platforming, shiny ledges and all, baby!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Hmm, this is the concern I had looking at the environments. It's not bad for levels to be highly designed for specific interactions - Metroid Prime and Dark Souls are great at this, but it's delicate to achieve.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
This is my most anticipated game for a VERY long time. I loved everything Respawn made recently (TF2 is an absolute favorite of mine) and a SW game made by them is a dream came true.
Looking at the impressions, seems like they delivered at full force again. Pre-ordered, pre-downloaded and %100 ready for tomorrow!

BTW, without spoilers, can anyone give impressions on the story. How is it?

Can you pre-download on a PS4 pre-order?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I ended up not getting Death Stranding and I can't get behind what Pokemon SS is so hopefully this game ends up being killer so I have something to play this month.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
For almost my whole life Australia and NZ has been cut out of everything. We got late releases or stuff wasn't allowed to be viewed here. We had to use VPN to access from other countries just to access some stuff and before modern consoles we used to Import games just to get them months before the Aussie release date (that was a while ago now though) and how to see people using a VPN to access games on Aussie time is kind of a funny irony.

My brother is playing digital already but I can't play until I pick it up from the store at 9am hahaha. I buy from the shop to save $30 but my brother doesn't care about that he cares about time playing. Funny huh.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me this
frog mini boss is hard
Yeah, I saw a great tip earlier
You can get above and there's a hole in the roof you can jump through, do an air attack thingy and you basically start the fight with it at half health. That was enough for me to scrape by.
The difficulty of this game is really picking up, in a good way. Some great fights happening now.

How are people playing early?
For me I just ordered from Shopto (UK) and they often have your game delivered by thursday.

Oct 29, 2017

This has been my criticism since the early footage. Worlds look super "video gamey" and not like actual worlds.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is THE Star Wars game I've been wanting since like..... PS3 came out.

It's been so long and it feels so good

Just a straight-up no-bullshit fuckin' STAR WARS video game man

I finished the first actual planet and man, was that good. So much hidden stuff I didn't find, but I'll be back later. The levels are just such an absolute joy to explore.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Did you encounter any set piece so far? Or the uncharted comparison stops in the platforming?
There have been a few awesome set pieces so far, one early on in particular felt extremely Uncharted. I think the frequency of them isn't that high though, I guess its more like Uncharted 4 on that front.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Man this is THE Star Wars game I've been wanting since like..... PS3 came out.

It's been so long and it feels so good

Just a straight-up no-bullshit fuckin' STAR WARS video game man

I bought my first sound card for X-Wing on a 386. It was practically life changing. Then Jedi Knight came out. It was a golden age of SW games for that run.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
That's ridiculous, just finished Death Stranding and was looking to get this, not touching it until they are out.
After playing this for a few hours, I can pretty much say with 100% confidence that they did not embargo the reviews out of fear of bad scores.

This game is my dream SW game, it's so so so SO good (so far anyways)

So far it feels like a 9.5 or thereabouts type of game.

So good (if you like Uncharted/Souls/Tomb Raider/Sekiro it's a 100% must buy IMO).

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit dissapointed that all LS parts are pure cosmetics so far. Makes opening those crates a bit less exciting. I don't see my LS hilt or the button to turn it on anyway during combat and normal game-play.

Not so far (second planet) but Enemies respawn. You can probably level and grind if you want to.

Nov 2, 2017
For those of you that have been playing, how would you say the game ranks compared to past Star Wars titles?

The KotOR series are probably my favorite Star Wars (and in general) games of all time.

This game is looking like it might take the title.