• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
can this truly be on par with Kotor games

Not the same genre at all. If anything, it's the best modern Star Wars action game, but it also doesn't take any risks yet.

Whilst any Souls inspiration is too much, the game definitely has too much. Which is a shame because it starts out so well :(

It really doesn't, although the way this game uses "bonfires" is a bit nonsensical. Also, the Souls games don't have difficulty options, other than summoning.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Traded in a bunch of junk and an extra Xbox controller I had and got $180. Paid off Fallen Order but they had no deluxe editions available. Luckily I was able to snag an upgrade code on Amazon for $10 so I'll be ready to go at 9pm when I can pick it up. Can't wait! Hopefully it looks beastly on the X.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when people were laughing at the idea of this being Souls/Sekiro inspired, and how it wasn't in the demos?:P

Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed the pre-order stuff can be obtained in game or a pre-order is a required? Tried searching the subreddit for this game and could not find a concrete answer.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Is it as hard as souls though? Souls doesn't work unless the combat frustrates you and gets you to overcome the odds. If its too easy the combat won't be satisfying.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Played the first 10 Minutes before X019 started. Very first impression: Visually a lot going on, but there are slow downs and some hiccups in framerate on a PS4 Pro even with Performance Mode selected. And the shoddy look of Unreal Engine is unmistaken. Also the voice actor of Cal is not very ambitious.

Gameplay-wise it feels good. Nothing more than climbing so far, but it's snappy and fluent as it is known from Respawn.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the recommened difficulty for a souls fan is the hardest?I mean i like the diffculty of those games but all other games i set the difficulty to the 2nd hardest

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Not the same genre at all. If anything, it's the best modern Star Wars action game, but it also doesn't take any risks yet.

It really doesn't, although the way this game uses "bonfires" is a bit nonsensical. Also, the Souls games don't have difficulty options, other than summoning.

the main character strips nude, does alien substance abuse, beats A female character and then cuts off his own wang with a tiny lightsaber! What more do you want?

None of this happens

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I'm curious, how much of the Respawn that made the Titanfall 2 campaign is evident here? Obviously they're two very different games, but in terms of pacing, creativity and set-pieces the TF2 campaign is one of the best this gen. Has Fallen Order reached any of those highs in what people have played so far?

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
How long until it unlocks in Access? I got a month for NFS Heat and I wouldn't mind trying this one...

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a massive Star Wars fan but I feel I can't be jumping from game to game so I need to finish DS first. I'll play it when I finish it. I just want to know are there good puzzles? Is there any Zelda like stuff?

I'm not playing it yet, but according to previewers the game does have plenty of Zelda-like puzzles. The planets have temples with puzzles in them and solving them apparently can be related to acquiring a new skill that you get on the planet like force push to push spheres into place, etc. So that sounds to me an awful lot like a Zelda dungeon.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
There's millions of people who vote Republican, it doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

200.gif

Jan 15, 2018
Use TunnelBear. It's the only one that works reliably.
Make sure Origin doesn't automatically restart when Windows loads, restart your computer, connect to VPN in NZ, launch Origin.

Alright, figured it out, apparently NordVPN doesn't work (already have a 3 year subscription), used TunnelBear and it worked.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone know if this game has HDR color on the PS4 Pro?

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
the main character strips nude, does alien substance abuse, beats A female character and then cuts off his own wang with a tiny lightsaber! What more do you want?

None of this happens

"You don't want to sell me any death sticks..."

"I don't want to sell you any death sticks...I WANNA SNORT EM"
*Slams his fist on a pile of crumpled death sticks and buries his head in drugs. The epic crescendo from "The Asteroid Field" starts playing as the hero is just standing there, screaming.*