• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn did it again. I don't think anything will top Disco Elysium for me this year, but it's definitely great.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
The comparisons to Souls games is making me nervous. I don't care for games that are too punishing. I think I'm going to cancel my preorder.

Unlikely to have any difficulty unless you actually play on Jedi Master or Grand Master.

Is there blood and Gore? I am wondering if it is too much for my son to watch me play.

It's Star Wars violence. I mean you can decapitate people, but your lightsaber cauterizes so no blood.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there an option to change your controller sensitivity in this game? It's not under controls.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
EA made a dumb call not releasing reviews at least a few days early here, and putting like a 90 minute demo of the intro area out too for EA Access.

I'm getting the game regardless, but I feel like this might suffer a similar fate to Control (my GOTY) even with the huge Star Wars IP attached to it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA made a dumb call not releasing reviews at least a few days early here, and putting like a 90 minute demo of the intro area out too for EA Access.

I'm getting the game regardless, but I feel like this might suffer a similar fate to Control (my GOTY) even with the huge Star Wars IP attached to it.
Maybe Disney's call

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Can we just give major kudos to Respawn for giving players options - being able to disable chromatic aberration, film grain and motion blur on all platforms is great stuff.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Well, It will sell far better than Control did, and word of mouth seems really positive so far.

It should probably also review higher than Control.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Can anyone let me know how is the performance on base ps4?
Don't mind 30 fps as long as its solid and doesn't have frame pacing issues.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
unlike souls it has 4 difficulty options. It's the gameplay style that is similar, not the actual challenge.
Unlikely to have any difficulty unless you actually play on Jedi Master or Grand Master.

It's Star Wars violence. I mean you can decapitate people, but your lightsaber cauterizes so no blood.
fear not, there are 4 difficulty levels.
Thanks for the replies. Sounds good! My gaming time is too limited nowadays to spend on dying over and over. I don't mind some challenge, but Sekiro just made me angry I had wasted my time attempting to play it.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I should stop putting off watching them. It's just such a massive time investment (Literally 72 hours between Clone Wars and Rebels alone) that with my limited freetime I'd have to put gaming to the side for a long while to get through it all. Tried getting the kids into Clone Wars (Hey, it's bonding AND finally getting through the show), but they weren't very interested, heh. I need to see it through, though, since the references from the shows are popping up in the movies and games now.
I hear ya lol. I binged watch Clone Wars and it was a trek to get through everything and keep up. Plus the early seasons have really inconsistent quality, some episodes are really... bad. I think there's a streamlined Clone Wars viewing guide in the Mandalorian OT that might help you get through it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
played around an hour on PS4Pro, resolution mode, hardest difficulty. i am not big into Star Wars at all

-looks great
-climbing sequences so far very Uncharted, don´t care for those
-presentation awesome, really like a big movie
-deadzone on R3 stick is awful, feels too loose
-so far not hard at all, but i am still in the beginning.
-sound design is awesome, packs a punch
-big subtitles(!)
-can turn off motion blur, CA and film grain

it ain´t no Sekiro, the fighting feels a bit floaty. parry window is good,even on hardest difficulty

to me this feels responsive enough even without performance mode...

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Finishers are instant on all the storm troopers/insects I have fought so far (still pretty early), but on the tougher miniboss enemies they dont insta-kill them.
2. Force powers do use a force meter, I havent unlocked weapon skills yet so not sure about those.
3. Health is replenished by stim kits that your droid carries. Very similar to estus flasks. You only start out with 1 or 2 and find upgrades that allow more healing as you progress.
Nice, thank you again.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
So is this game metroid or arkham like in it's unlocking? I love that type of progression and exploration.

Dec 6, 2017
US
-climbing sequences so far very Uncharted, don´t care for those

Ew. I kept reading traversal was supposed to be good, not automatic-hold-forward. Does it have that modern AAA thing where your character doesn't really jump a set distance but kind of goes further and makes the jump if the game decides that the particular pit is part of the cinematic route?

Thumbnail looks like something from the early 2000s.

It's the GameCube version, duh.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Plus the early seasons have really inconsistent quality, some episodes are really... bad.

Ha, yes, I know. I've probably watched the first season of Clone Wars two or three times now because of this. I'll watch a bunch of episodes, lose interest over time and slowly stop watching, come back to it several months later, forget where I'm at so start it over, and the cycle begins anew.

I think there's a streamlined Clone Wars viewing guide in the Mandalorian OT that might help you get through it.

I'll look into that, thanks!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really not liking the traversal, definitely out stays its welcome, seems never ending at times.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Sounds good! My gaming time is too limited nowadays to spend on dying over and over. I don't mind some challenge, but Sekiro just made me angry I had wasted my time attempting to play it.

And it sounds like you can adjust difficulty during the game, so if Jedi Knight (normal) is too hard I think you'd be able to take it to the lowest setting.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's really great

Reminds me a lot of Prince of Persia crossed with Metroid Prime and a lil bit of Dark Souls

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
So I'm onto the 3rd area now and this game might be an all-timer for me, the graphics/gameplay/music/story are all top notch so far. I can't recommend it enough if you have any interest at all in the game.

darthshot

Oct 24, 2019
Preloading on Origin now. Watched some of Fextralife stream and it looks ace gotta say. I've never really been into the Soulsborne games but mainly because of the setting, I don't like the gothic horror of it all. But Star Wars? Yes please. Got it for £37.99 on CDKeys so pretty happy.
Hey!

Is the version from CDKeys the Deluxe one?

I've preordered the Deluxe for my PS4 Pro, but store botched it (would only deliver on the 22nd...). I'm now considering buying it for my i7 4790k + GTX 970.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Ew. I kept reading traversal was supposed to be good, not automatic-hold-forward. Does it have that modern AAA thing where your character doesn't really jump a set distance but kind of goes further and makes the jump if the game decides that the particular pit is part of the cinematic route?

it is very Assassins Creed/Uncharted/Tomb Raider...you jump, hold a button to grab and that was it.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Looks like there are frame pacing issues on the 30fps mode from what I've seen so far, on PS4 pro. Anyone confirm?

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm absolutely loving this. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan but there's something about this game that it feels like you're in the Star Wars world more than any other Star Wars game I can think of.

Oct 27, 2017
It's really great

Reminds me a lot of Prince of Persia crossed with Metroid Prime and a lil bit of Dark Souls
So I'm onto the 3rd area now and this game might be an all-timer for me, the graphics/gameplay/music/story are all top notch so far. I can't recommend it enough if you have any interest at all in the game.
I'm absolutely loving this. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan but there's something about this game that it feels like you're in the Star Wars world more than any other Star Wars game I can think of.

We said wow.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord this game is amazing so far

Loved the intro. Great character introductions all around, and it was honestly really refreshing to have a total Uncharted cinema-fest at first. I feel like they're becoming a rarity but damn, a little spectacle now and then never hurts.

The exploration aspect even on the first planet is just so enjoyable. Found a mini boss already and died in two hits. Loving it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Yeah, I'm really not liking the traversal, definitely out stays its welcome, seems never ending at times.
it is very Assassins Creed/Uncharted/Tomb Raider...you jump, hold a button to grab and that was it.

Oh no, I was hoping for actual cool platforming for once not this boring crap.

PS: Let me clarify I'm certainly reading all the great impressions and they sound very good, was just hoping for more in terms of the traversal. I see Uncharted pop up a lot though which isn't my cup of tea at all.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, this games damn good, even if it does feel like it had a smaller budget (which is a shame!). Controls feel tight, combat feels perfect (early in though) platforming is serviceable and the voice acting is great!
Hoping for a day 1 patch to improve performance, it seems bad in both performance or 4k mode which is a shame, would expect good frame rate as the game isn't exactly a looker. (One X)

Also (intro spoiler)
was that the HU playing!?
it took me by surprise, wasn't expecting it at all!

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Me: Hey game, can I open the map and check it please?

Game: BD-1 IS BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep reading impressions and growing with envy. Is there any place that has this for sale online? I stupidly passed it up a few days ago for $39 for Target. Otherwise I might have to just cough up $59.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
They've really nailed the feel of Star Wars, it's not all grim dark , it has that lightness of Star Wars.

I'm not even a fan of Star Wars, but it's really great and seems to have all the things that make that world great.
The music that is ever present and the vocal Performances are also spot on. Even the warmth of the audio comes out as feeling like a movie.