• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a platinum in Sekiro and Bloodborne :S I haven't seen a single video of this game or read any impressions.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
So, if we're comfortable with Sekiro difficulty what would be best to go with in this game for similar/little easier experience?

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is one of the few times I am sad that I bought the game on Steam instead of any other platform. Have the day off work too, coincidentally. Damn.
No way to unlock it early for Steam, correct?

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
One more impression: The game seems to be best enjoyed if you head into it as a Star Wars fan looking for some spectacle and satisfactorily solid game play (re: looking to enjoy the ride), but while keeping in mind that it is ultimately designed for mass consumption. Just because it's not a singular vision like Sekiro/BB (which I beat as well) doesn't mean that it's not fun/cool as hell.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Do we have any average completion times on this yet? I just dipped my toe in at lunchtime and played 30mins so going to grab pizza in about an hour and then dive back in as my work week is coming to a close! 4 glorious days with Fallen Order and Pokemon.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Is there any word on unlockable costumes or anything? The pre-order and deluxe edition bonuses only including lightsaber, droid, and ship skins makes me think there isn't, but I'd love to dress the guy up in something cooler.

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
Having played for 30 minutes on PS4 Pro (and I could have posted after 30 seconds), my immediate thought was - please let it have a deadzone adjustment option like Days Gone. That right thumbstick does NOT feel good...

Aside from that, initial impressions are very good.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
According to the Reddit poster, you can manually change between single and double bladed lightsabers, and there are move sets for each (I'm assuming he means different attacks etc)

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Mines arrived from shopto today (never let me down) installing now, hoping to get half hour in before the missus steals the game for the night!

Playing on Xbox one X, hoping the performance holds up in resolution mode.
Can anyone recommend a difficulty if I find Bloodborne just slightly too hard but still fun, and dark souls way too hard I don't find it enjoyable?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Mines arrived from shopto today (never let me down) installing now, hoping to get half hour in before the missus steals the game for the night!

Playing on Xbox one X, hoping the performance holds up in resolution mode.
Can anyone recommend a difficulty if I find Bloodborne just slightly too hard but still fun, and dark souls way too hard I don't find it enjoyable?

I'd suggest to start at normal, and take it from there; you can change difficulty at any time. Never actually played Bloodborne, if that makes a difference.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting my ass handed to me vs
The big "hidden" monster that's right from the second fireplace meditation spot. I keep trying to dodge too early :/. I don't want to drop difficulty from Master though...

There is an opening above the enemy that lets you drop attacks which brings the health down half way.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Man I have been playing for two hours and all I have to say MORE OF THIS EA I love this game already exploration, collectibles to find cool intro that just sucks you into the world and I really like Cal as the protagonist and the crew already.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I know not many folks are playing, but how are the easier difficulties? I've never had the patience for Souls games but a more accessible game sounds incredibly appealing to me.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
If this game doesn't sell well, the Star Wars IP doesn't survive through 2020. I have no doubt Disney is regretting their purchase.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Parrying blaster shots - man this is so easy so fun so satisfying.

Parrying melee attacks.....Thank you Dark Souls

Combat is going to take some time getting used to lol

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preorder bonus or deluxe are missing. I have not only crimson skin but also gold squadron and vanguard.

just reached first planed. And I'm confirming as it's open clear area. 4k isn't worth it. Strangely not super sharp. 1080p60 way to go

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017